Mallett is angry at us

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, May 5, 2011.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    **** my ***! I can't believe I read every post in this thread...

[​IMG]

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    so?

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    :lol: Ok Mallett... thats if you see the field in the next 5 years or more.

4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    So I should have realized that lmeister jumped the shark with that baby gif on page 1...

5. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Who cares?

What does it matter?
    The Pats still showed how smart they are investing in the QB position even though they have a current HOF on their roster.
    They also showed the smarts to know that a QB that was once discussed as a potential top QB in the entire draft, regardless of his issues, was a steal sitting in the 2nd and especially the 3rd round. If Mallet tanks it was still a smart decision. It's a no lose for them.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We do not have that luxury CR, the pats cut #2,#3, #4 picks and it goes uncommented upon, they jettison pat white and it is the end of the world.

7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    We don't have the luxury for what Padre?
    To draft a potential top QB at a discounted rate in the 2nd round?
    How on earth is that a luxury?

I also doubt heavily that the Pats cutting draft failed draft picks goes "uncommented upon".
    I'm sure that gets talked about in Pat circles just as much as we harped on Pat White.
    Additionally there is a BIG difference between a team that has failed draft picks and a team making a full on idiotic pick to begin with.
    Draft prospects fail. It happens. All you can do as a FO is make educated picks that are value at where you're picking them and athletes that have a chance to make a solid impact at need positions on your team. If you've done that it's all you can ask. THe Pat White pick was flat out flawed logic at it's core. Totally different. Why that would be brought into this makes no sense.

Bottom line here is that Ireland will be graded more on his second pick from this draft than his first IMO.
    If Thomas turns out to be a solid RB then he'll look like a genious.
    If Thomas isn't an impact player then he'll look like a complete fool for trading up into the 2nd round to get him.
    We'll see.

finfansince72 likes this.
  8. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Apparently Mallett wasn't that top rated of a QB afterall. I mean, how many teams made a pick before he was selected?

Instead of being angry at the Dolphins, if I were Mallett, I'd be angry at every team in the NFL for thinking him no better than a 3rd round draft pick...and if you take into account the teams that picked before the Patriots in the 3rd round, they thought him to be even less than that.

Mallet may learn the Patriots offense and be able to run it...in practice, but unless Tom Brady gets run over by a bus, Mallett will have to contend with being a permanent bench warmer.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    You can apply that logic to an pick. And I've never heard of any team that wasn't "smart" enough to invest in the qb position.
    You are also making it sound like the pats have no need, when in fact they do. Their need is not immediate sure, but having a talented qb who is getting older, and already has been knocked out for the season, it means they have a need.

10. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I see a lot of Patriot envy. Like every player they touch turn to gold and they never make a mistake. Mallett already violated Belichek protocal 1 which is shut the **** up. I'll bet a Philly cheeststeak to any of your local delicacies he doesn't make it 3 years. I like our new shiny RB over this flaky Jake..

11. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Member

May 21, 2010
    Wow, just like Brady Quinn. How did that work out?