1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man Vs. Wild

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by slickj101, Sep 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Not sure if we have a thread for this show or not, but it definitely deserves one. This show is the bomb. The amount of interesting info you pick up from watching one episode is crazy.

How sweet of a name is Bear Grylls btw?

2. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    fake

3. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Les Stroud > Bear Grylls :yes:

4. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I don't mind the being fake part - but I do dislike the fact that in the early episodes he tried to pass it off as real until he was busted a few times.

I used to really dig the show and watched it as often as it was on. Somehow now, knowing that he's been set up to experience certain situations by the crew and that there is a survival expert on hand to teach him what really to do makes it just seem like a dude that's killing lizards and eating them for no good reason because you know there is a ham sandwich about a foot behind the camera with his name on it.

5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    This guy is a fraud. Why give him any credence or support?

Eating gross stuff when you're going to wrap shooting at the end of the day and go eat at a restaurant is nothing more than a geekshow at a carnival.

6. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    i heard there was a video where u could see a mcdonald's wrapper in the background and he was supposedly starving or whatever :lol:

i prefer survivorman

Phinperor likes this.
  7. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    There's not much more that you can really say. :up:

But I will anyway. I remember one Man vs. Wild where he urinates into his canteen and drinks it straight. The I watched Survivor Man and Les did urinate but he dug into the sand (with some plastic to hold it) placed plastic on top of the hole and drank the water that condensed on the top plastic. Les went onto say that drinking your own urine straight is extremely dangerous. So since Les has not lied up to this point about the real factor of his show I will trust him.

So actually Man vs. Wild is all about the shock factor and his survival methods could get you killed so I disagree with the show being worth anything in that regard. The show is entertaining but I would not depend on it to save my life. Plus who would catch a live fish and eat it alive?; anyone with a brain would cook it if they could get a fire.

Phinperor likes this.
  8. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I like the show. The other guy is boring. I don't care if I die using Bear's tips. :lol: