1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manti Te'o = *****

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Section126, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    His draft stock will be fine. He will still most likely be a top 10 pick.

But hey, if he's there at 12, take him. He'll find plenty of real women to meet down in Miami.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Whatever his draft stock is, probably would've been the same without Lennay Kekua. To me, every year, running backs and inside linebackers always fall. They're always rated better in January than in April. If Manti Te'o is "falling" it's only within that context, that he was a little overhyped talent-wise and now the market is beginning to recognize that.

But Lennay Kekua is just a temporary public distraction. It will mean little to nothing to the scouts in the long run.

MrClean and Section126 like this.
  3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    "Shutup Richard."

I wonder what he'll measure in at height/weight at the combine.

Fin D likes this.
  5. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    This is ridiculous. Who saves common voicemails from months ago?

Let me sum up, Manti had an imaginary girlfriend and believes in an imaginary religion and goes to a school with an imaginary.. you get it.

The dude's gay. I don't really care, but it is getting to the insulting point now.

finfansince72 likes this.
  6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    You wouldn't save voicemails from your dead girlfriend?

MrClean and Anonymous like this.
  7. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    What's interesting is there's a lot of wannabe draftniks on Twitter - none of our guys - but people with a hugely overrated opinion of their own importance who all of a sudden seem to be revelling in his fall and claiming that they thought he was average anyway. These people's opinions change weekly, depending on how the NFL seems to be feeling.

MrClean likes this.
  8. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    I saved a voicemail for years from a friend who died in a crash. And we weren't lovers!

unluckyluciano and ckparrothead like this.
  9. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I think regardless of what happened, this has to be somewhat concerning. At best, he was duped into believing he had a serious GF that he never met, despite the fact that he had the means to make it possible. It strikes me as the type of situation someone that is very emotionally immature would be in. You have to be pretty naive to have this happen. I think its fair to question how he could hold up mentally in the NFL.

finfansince72 likes this.
  10. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    The weirdest and most concerning thing about all this is the fact that men as a gender have almost no history of acting foolish about a woman. It's just all so strange...

MrClean likes this.
  11. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Men acting foolish about women makes the world go round. This story is bizarre, and if I were a GM it would certainly give me pause to think, but hopefully Te'o can put this behind him and have a great pro career. I do think that this story will stick with him for quite some time though, it's just too big of a story and too weird not to.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...061812786.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLE_Video_Third

12. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Guys act foolish over sex, which is why this is so bizarre.

13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Guys act foolish over women period.

MrClean and Boomer like this.
  14. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Te'o's story makes no sense. Katie Couric actually gave him a harder time than I thought she would. I thought it was telling that she sat face to face with him and basically came away thinking the guy is full of crap, which he is. I think her quote at the end was to the tune of "you're either the most naive person on the planet or you're a liar" me I think he's a liar. I'm not sure if he was in on it from the beginning but I find it funny that anyone actually is defending this guy or believing him, his story makes no sense.

Oh and if I loved someone enough to save voicemails I think I'd hop on a plane if I heard she was actually going to die within a few days. That part of the story makes it all fall apart for me, it makes no sense. You wouldn't go visit the love of your life if you knew she was dying? Its not like she lived in a village in Africa, all he had to do was book a plane flight and go see her, no reason not to. Te'o is full of crap, I think NFL GMs are going to care about this stuff, it goes to character, honesty and how he handles life/stress. Of course someone will draft him and he'll have a chance to be a good pro but I think this drops him a bit for sure. I still can't believe anyone actually buys his agent/lawyer story meant to distract anyone from using their common sense.

15. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I thought when asked if he was gay, him saying "ha, no, far from it, FARRRR from it" was a little strange and defensive. Easily could have said, No, not that theirs anything wrong with that

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    You're reading to much into it.

MrClean likes this.
  17. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

:sidelol: :sidelol: ROFLMAO!!! ******* brilliant CK!!! Best post regarding Te'o yet!

ckparrothead likes this.
  18. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Based on some of the Te'o comments here recently, there are probably several here who do not believe that. :)

Boomer likes this.