1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marco Island Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Spending my AM on a plane headed to Marco for the week so before I land (complete in the Knicks shirt) why not take a stab at the top 10. This way BK can have another platform to disagree with me. :knucks:

#1. Colts....Andrew Luck, I can't say anything that has yet to be said about the guy.

#2. Redskins....RG3, while I don't see a Cam Newton type of effect...I think RG3 could develop into a solid player in this league.

#3. Vikings....Matt Kalil, This will not likely be an exciting first 30 minutes of the draft as these picks are seemingly obvious. Kalil has Jake Long potential and Ponder needs some help from his blind side.

#4. Browns....Justin Blackmon, Here is where the obvious ends, Cleveland can only go in 3 directions IMO. Tannehill, Blackmon, Richardson. And either of the 3 would be justified, with 2 more picks in the next 38 selections I'll guess Blackmon gets the nod because it appears the most glaring need. Here is a wild card, I could see Cleveland shopping this pick to move down 5-7 spots and risk Floyd being there. As mush as I like Blackmon, Floyd may be a better option in a WC offense.

#5. Buccaneers....Trent Richardson, Claiborne makes a ton of sense as well as Barber is old as dirt and Talib is just a complete jackass. Richardson is not Adrian Peterson, not even close IMO. Im not sold on him as a top 10 pick but I certainly seem to be in the minority.

#6. Rams....Dontari Poe, Many want to label Poe a high risk workout warrior but what he has a chance to be is a perennial pro bowler. The Rams have one of the best MLB in the league and DE's Robert Quinn and Chris Long are already a handfull for the opposition. Just ask Drew Brees the last time the Saints came marching in to St Louie. Too bad for Poe Greg Williams is DONE, because he could've made an extra 100k in "incentives".

#7. Jaguars....Morris Claiborne, Rasheen Mathis has had a very underrated career if you ask me...but that career is coming to an end. Jacksonville sure could use a WR for Gabbert so Michael Floyd would also make a lot of sense. But at this juncture I think your going to have a better chance at getting a solid WR in Rd 2 than finding a shut down CB.

#8. Dolphins....Ryan Tannehill, There must have been a plan all along....no way could Ross who is infatuated with the lime light go into the season with Garrard and Moore as the QBs. The kid scares me to death quite frankly, you guys think Dontari Poe has huge bust potential? Here we have a guy who just started playing QB and we expect him to come in and adjust to the speed of the NFL? Not sure I want a kid that green being picked so high and then playing the most important position in the game. We all know it's time for the 1st Rd QB, but is this really a guy who can save the day??? If he's there at 8 I think we find out.

#9. Carolina....Quinton Coples, Rivera and Co. Sure did hit the nail on the head with Cam Newton....now it's time to get after the QB and the irony of this guy who is compared to you know who, who was drafted by them and went to the same school as him??? Makes too much sense.

#10. Bills....Riley Reif, Buffalo sure did improve their pass rush adding Marion Williams and the high motored Mark Anderson. The Bills simply must add a T to the mix even though after he performs well he will somehow some way be shipped to Philly. Demetrius Bell graded out pretty well last year and why the Bills who are lacking at the position didn't resign him is a tad puzzling to me.

This is what I think could happen, based on hunches and team needs. The draft always surprises though so expect the unexpected.

This is my personal "dream scenario" for the Dolphins in the first round.

Trade down from 8 with a team picking 12-15 add possibly another 2nd or 3rd and draft Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill. I could see SD and Philip Rivers rubbing their hands together if Hill is there st #16.

Most boards will have Kendal Wright ahead of Hill but I certainly think Hill will continue the trend of WRs coming out of GT. on a side note how in the hell does a school who runs the option 80% of the time keep producing beauty WRs??? Weird.

Plane is descending to Ft Myers, I'll be in Marco for a week so whoever wants to buy me a beer and argue Poe, Weeden, Hill, Ohio State, and Thee NY Knicks just holler. :up:

Side note: while in Charlotte ( no offense Sick) ate at Bojangles.....good shnit.