1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marion Barber going on the Trade Block?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by padre31, Mar 28, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rber-might-be-bounced-out-of-starting-lineup/

Per Yahoo sports, Barber has 900 career carries or so, the wall is up around 2,200.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    You could see this coming I think, Jones is the playmaker and needs to have the ball in his hands more....Jones and Choice are a decent combination, they still could use a Mike Bell type who has a nose for the endzone.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I could see a playoff ready team taking a look at him. Pats could pony up one of their deuces maybe. Colts are looking to beef up and get a more powerful running game to compliment the Manning Aerial Show as well.

I think the big reason the Boys are looking to deal Barber is Choice - Tashard Choice that is. Guy played very well and I think they like him and Jones. Both Barber and Jones also seem to have injury issues.

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, for me he could win up in Miami, he signed that extension under Ireland iirc, and Tuna drafted him.

Thing of it is, he really isn't worth more than a 4th rd pick, he has been dinged up and his running style is not conducive to a long career.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Ehh throw him into the package with Miles Austin...:shifty:

steveincolorado and padre31 like this.
  6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Heck, if they aren't using that Jay Ratliff fella, toss him into the deal as well..

Nah, Barber is out of place in Big D now, Bobby Carpenter probably is also.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Carpenter is always "almost out" of there....seems like past three years he has been in trade discussions....with our LB's injury history wouldnt be bad for some depth.

Scary this same regime drafted him #17 overall :sad:

8. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Has it really only been two years since Cowboys fans were saying that Barber was the guy who needed more carries? Wow. Time flies. :lol:

IMO, this has little to do with Barber being on the trade block and much to do with trying to recreate his success from a couple of years ago where he would rotate with Julius Jones. Ever since Barber became the full-time guy, he's come down with nagging injuries. Re-establishing that RB rotation would be the ideal, except that Barber rotating with Felix Jones is an injury waiting to happen. Heck, that's exactly what happened in 2009.

More to the point, if Barber really is being traded, his contract is absurd and makes him untradeable: 7 years, $45 million, of which he's played only one year, and $21 of the $45 million is due in the first three years, meaning a team that takes him would owe him $14m over the first two years of his service. Uncapped year or not, that's ridiculous.

If Jerrah is looking to pull a Glazer and shed contracts because of large amounts of debt, then cutting Barber becomes an option. In which case, sign me up. Barber would be perfect here, considering our strong stable of rotating rushers. He's the perfect candidate to take over for Ricky after 2010.

9. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I'll take Barber, I think after this year, our two main guys will be gone.