1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Richt interested in Texas A&M rumors.

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by ToddsPhins, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Georgia-s-Richt-enters-A-amp-M-coaching-discussion-2391067.php

A quality SEC program in Texas while the Big 12 is in turmoil?

Richt would be an idiot to pass up this recruiting gold mine opportunity IMO.
    Heck with the state of GA. IMO Richt's best hopes of becoming the dominant team of the SEC is to have Texas as his main recruiting hot bed while still having ties to the Southeast.

Richt and Texas A&M could very well supplant UT as the state's team of choice for recruits considering the Longhorns have gone 5-7 and 7-5 the past 2 years and seem to be underachieving when it comes to developing all that offensive talent they recruit, evidenced by nothing higher than two 3rd round picks (McCoy & Shipley) the past 4 years IIRC.... with likely nothing this year.

Mainly I hope Richt takes it so the nation's #2 running back, Keith Marshall, de-commits from UGA and sticks with the team he was leaning toward Monday night (Clemson of course) before switching to UGA Tuesday morning. :pity:

2. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Texas A&M is hiring Kevin Sumlin. I think the Richt rumors were out there to get himself a raise out of UGA.

Also, Jim Mora Jr. is the new head man at UCLA.