1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marlins Stadium to have aqauriums behind home plate

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Jeff, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jeff

Jeff A.S.E. Mastur

Mar 18, 2010
    Plantation
    http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...g/2010/06/marlins_stadium_to_have_aquari.html

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Well we gotta find some place to put the fish that isn't oily.

Tone_E and unluckyluciano like this.
  3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    People are already making jokes. "Will the fish count towards attendance?" was one I saw.

I think it's a nice idea. Not as much as having Flipper in a tank though.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Already posted this in the Marlins thread. Boik, earn your paycheck and merge these, willya? :lol:

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

As a fan of a team that has a no frills stadium (Dodgers), I usually cringe at **** like this. But I kind of like this idea. At least it has relevance to the team and area, which...actually makes it appealing to see in my opinion. As oppoed to a large baseball glove and coke bottle slide like they have in SF.

And someone has GOT to kep a tab of all the weird things that happen in the aquarium during a tv broadcast.

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I usually hate gimmicky stuff like this but I think it's kind of cool. My only fear is that the infielders might lose sight of the ground balls off the bat due to the aquarium background. Hopefully they check that out before they just go ahead about put it in, unlike what the builders did with the catwalks at Tropicana Field.