Marshall had minor surgery

30 replies

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum VeteranOP
May 19, 2010, 01:44 PM

Don't see a thread for this yet, but Sparano said during his press conference that Brandon Marshall had minor surgery, which is why he was mostly seen on the stationary bike.

Nobody knows what kind, and you probably won't get any more info then "minor surgery" I'm sure. These things happen though, I won't get too worried. Mark Sanchez had knee surgery in February, and I know nobody cares about that, but it's just a comparison of someone having surgery after playing a full season.

I think he had a few balls thrown to him during the practice, right? That's good at least.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

finyank13finyank13New Member
May 19, 2010, 01:46 PM

shouldnt be a problem......

Jeff_Darlington

Sources staying silent so far about Marshall's surgery. Clue #1 from Sparano: "He was throwing and catching the day the procedure was done."

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

finyank13finyank13New Member
May 19, 2010, 01:48 PM

Jeff_Darlington

Marshall's surgery wasn't necessary until after he signed, Sparano said. "Its something that came up. Needed to get it cleaned up & we did."

hmm what gets "cleaned up" cartilidge.....??

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

brandon27brandon27Supporter
May 19, 2010, 01:52 PM

Im sure its not a big deal, but kind of disappointing we are only going to get to see him on a bike this week.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

jupiterfinjupiterfinForum Veteran
May 19, 2010, 02:00 PM

He had his restrictor plate removed, now he'll be much faster.

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
May 19, 2010, 02:00 PM

Brandon Marshall Hip Surgury: Sidelined until TC

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5201480

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall had surgery on his hip, a source told ESPN. On Wednesday, coach Tony Sparano said that Marshall will be sidelined until at least the start of training camp while he recovers from an undisclosed surgery.

"We don't play a game today," Sparano said. "We play a game down the road somewhere. ... No disappointment at all. He's been here for eight weeks now, throwing and catching and doing all the things necessary. I mean, he was throwing and catching the day that the procedure was done. So, not real concerned about it."

Not good for getting on the same page as Henne.
Certainly don't like it, but am consoled by the fact that he was throwing and catching the day the procedure was done.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
May 19, 2010, 02:02 PM

Also some lesser profile ones as well- Pat Turner and Reggie Torbor had offseason surgery.

At first I was like "$hit" but this stuff does happen. Better now then November, right?

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
May 19, 2010, 02:21 PM

minor surgery is lancing a boil

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

SESeanPSupporter
May 19, 2010, 02:22 PM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

Also some lesser profile ones as well- Pat Turner and Reggie Torbor had offseason surgery.

At first I was like "$hit" but this stuff does happen. Better now then November, right?

Surgery for what? A sprained hand from patting his teammates on the back?

Seriously though, he needs to show some skill this season and make the field.

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
May 19, 2010, 02:28 PM

no big deal

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

finyank13finyank13New Member
May 19, 2010, 02:53 PM

mortreport

Also see that ESPN has learned Brandon Marshall had surgery on his hip.

bone chips?? IDK

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 19, 2010, 04:10 PM

So long as they didn't replace his hands with scissors, I'm good. See ya @ TC, Marsh!

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

FIfinsincebirthForum Veteran
May 19, 2010, 04:30 PM

ESPN has been reporting he'll be fine by TC, it was simply an arthroscopic clean up. OTA's are glorified practices and Marshall missing them will be no big deal.

SESeanPSupporter
May 19, 2010, 05:22 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

So long as they didn't replace his hands with scissors, I'm good. See ya @ TC, Marsh!

It was face transplant surgery. It's all a conspiracy to keep Ginn on the team, he even got to keep his number.

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
May 19, 2010, 06:08 PM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

Also some lesser profile ones as well- Pat Turner and Reggie Torbor had offseason surgery.

At first I was like "$hit" but this stuff does happen. Better now then November, right?

Turner either had sugery on his heel or his butt. Caused from either standing or sitting too long on the sidelines

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
May 19, 2010, 07:25 PM

It doesn't seem too bad, but after the Culpepper disaster 4 short years ago, I understand Dolfans being nervous about hearing a new superstar acquisition had surgery.

On the bright side...Marshall with one hip and half a foot would be better than Ginn. Except maybe against the Jest.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

May 19, 2010, 10:58 PM

Its MINOR surgery, no biggie.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
May 19, 2010, 11:02 PM

Cion-DolfanCion-DolfanNew Member
May 19, 2010, 11:19 PM

I think That It Is Nothing Worry About :)

Henne To Marshall :) I LOVE SAYING THAT

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 19, 2010, 11:25 PM

"Killerphins wrote:

this make me nervous

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/1/1229694/history-repeating-itself-questions

I have some qualms about BMarsh in Miami, this is not one of them, in fact if one reads the Shanny statement BMarsh was expected to troop through it when in reaility his hip was in bad enough shape he wound up needing surgery to repair it.

This was one of the beefs between BMarsh and the Broncos, they told him everything was fine, it turned out things weren't fine and his hip was in need of a operation, he played on it anyway, produced, then was told 'no" to a new contract.

I'm far from a BMarsh cheerleader in this case it seems to me the Broncos done him dirty and the Dolphins are nailing things down to ensure he is 100% when the season kicks off.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
May 19, 2010, 11:35 PM

"padre31 wrote:

I have some qualms about BMarsh in Miami, this is not one of them, in fact if one reads the Shanny statement BMarsh was expected to troop through it when in reaility his hip was in bad enough shape he wound up needing surgery to repair it.

This was one of the beefs between BMarsh and the Broncos, they told him everything was fine, it turned out things weren't fine and his hip was in need of a operation, he played on it anyway, produced, then was told 'no" to a new contract.

I'm far from a BMarsh cheerleader in this case it seems to me the Broncos done him dirty and the Dolphins are nailing things down to ensure he is 100% when the season kicks off.

lets hope
thing that bugs me pod is sparano doing the pregnant pause and then saying they didn't know about it. Obviously they had to. Is this a new injury on the other side or is it the same hip?

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 20, 2010, 12:06 AM

"Killerphins wrote:

lets hope
thing that bugs me pod is sparano doing the pregnant pause and then saying they didn't know about it. Obviously they had to. Is this a new injury on the other side or is it the same hip?

Well, Sparano was in a can't win situation, admit they knew BMarsh needed surgery and get hammered for trading for an injured player, admit it came as a surprise and get hammered for BMarsh passing a physical and being handed 50 million dollars.

As for my qualms about BMarsh:

YouTube- This is Brandon Marshall - Part 2

YouTube- This Is Brandon Marshall

I'm not 100% the dude is a football head, now I'm one of the few that think BMarsh was not neccesarily required for the Phins to compete for the AFC Championship, I do however, think he can put us over the top in that quest.

I'm not sure this cat is genuine Killahp, seriously, I "know" Greg C and Hartline are sold out, hungry players, with BMarsh...can't say that, not and be honest about things.

I'm stuck in the Singletary "I Want Winners, I Want players who want to win" loop...and I'm not sure about BMarsh being one of "my guys".

YouTube- Mike Singletary Post Game after Seahawks

imafinfanimafinfanNew Member
May 20, 2010, 08:02 AM

It just kills me how the press turns an ant hill into Mount Everest. on Nfl networks Total Access their opening headline was "Damaged goods?" no wonder this F.O is so secretive.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 20, 2010, 08:45 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Well, Sparano was in a can't win situation, admit they knew BMarsh needed surgery and get hammered for trading for an injured player, admit it came as a surprise and get hammered for BMarsh passing a physical and being handed 50 million dollars.

As for my qualms about BMarsh:

YouTube- This is Brandon Marshall - Part 2

YouTube- This Is Brandon Marshall

I'm not 100% the dude is a football head, now I'm one of the few that think BMarsh was not neccesarily required for the Phins to compete for the AFC Championship, I do however, think he can put us over the top in that quest.

I'm not sure this cat is genuine Killahp, seriously, I "know" Greg C and Hartline are sold out, hungry players, with BMarsh...can't say that, not and be honest about things.

I'm stuck in the Singletary "I Want Winners, I Want players who want to win" loop...and I'm not sure about BMarsh being one of "my guys".

YouTube- Mike Singletary Post Game after Seahawks

Yeah, this guy's a winner.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 20, 2010, 08:46 AM

"imafinfan wrote:

It just kills me how the press turns an ant hill into Mount Everest. on Nfl networks Total Access their opening headline was "Damaged goods?" no wonder this F.O is so secretive.

I know. And ESPN is STILL reporting an "unknown" procedure... spin much?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.