1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marshall's positive effect on Brian Hartline

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Aug 5, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...hins-receivers-0805-20100804,0,6363513.column

I never considered Hartline slow per se, but he explains why what he does works out on the field

Tone_E, ssmiami, finyank13 and 6 others like this.
  2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I'm really starting to like the idea of Marshall, Bess and Hartline as our core wideout group. I think they will open things up for each other, they all know how to get open and they all can catch the ball really well.

Their fundamentals are very strong IMO. Henne should have plenty of opportunities to flourish this year in the passing game.

Hopefully Fasano can complement them even further up the seam.

It feels good to have a set of wideouts who are all fundamentally solid, seems like it's been a while.

3. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Thanks for posting this. I love Hartline. Hes becoming my favorite player by the way he takes a hit and can deliver a hit. Im tired of people playing football afraid. This dude fights for the ball and gives it all. Hes a "take no poop" kind of player.

Only negative I see (im no expert, SURPRISE!) is that he head fakes too fast (doesnt sell his fakes hard enough) and it doesnt fool anyone. I think hes smart enough to learn more and more ways to get open and his speed looks to be "good enough" to get some seperation. Ill buy this dudes jersey if he has a good year!

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Actually those hits he absorbs is one of my concerns with him, a Wr has to learn how to dodge some of that pounding or they won't last a season without injury.

5. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    I dont recall any hits he tried to deliver, or could dodge other than the one on special teams. Im talking about a few where he had no choice but to take the hit. Which are you talking about?

6. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

This made me laugh, as it reminded me of all the rips on Ginn for dodging hits. :lol:
    (by using the sideline, I know.....)

He does need to remember he's not a RB though, their NFL life is shortened by all the hits, so he needs to use that burst and shiftiness to make the defender miss, and then head for the goal line...:up:

7. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Is it also too much to hope for the fact that Ronnie Brown becomes part of this receiving corps as well??

Pass the man the damn ball more often.....

phineas64 likes this.
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hartline has a habit of doing his head fake, catching the ball, the Cb wraps him up and instead of going down he tries to fight a bit and the S/Lb/whomever wallops him in the back.

A Wr needs that clock in their head the same as a Qb, it helps in avoiding both punishment and turnovers.

9. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    I agree with all of this, but I cant remember a single account of him being reckless and looking to absorb any unnecessary hits.

I remember him going all out for catchable balls, and a slant that resulted in a huge hit. But shoot, thats his job. Also recall a couple reverses where he was indeed running away from people (as he should) and never took a big hit. Scored a TD too!

10. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Did that actually happen? I dont remember.

I disagree to an extent. I want a reciever who tries to break a cb's tackle ala Brandon Marshall. He's not the delicate type. However, I DONT want him to try to run over any LBers......unless we need a first down. And yea if hes stood up and being raped the best thing to do is fall before y our stripped, b ut I dont remember that happening. Cant fault him for having that heart.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ive seen some pic's of cammy and my buddy confirmed in practice what I thought, why is cammy so thin....he seems to be doing well in practice though...sorry for being off topic, any thoughts?

Maybe he's trying to add some spped to his game.

12. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

I don't think I'd call him reckless, but he has absorbed a few extra shots trying for that next half yard or so when he was pretty wrapped up. I love to see guys give it their all and get what they can yardage wise, but I cringe at the same time as it seems many injuries and turnovers happen when the second or third guy piles on. It's that guy they don't see coming that does the damage.

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I always described Hart as route runner fast...like not a burner, but very very quick running routes, and fluid to the point where he more often than not doesnt lose anything, and other guys have to compensate for the cuts he makes, all the while he knows where he is going...

14. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    I agree. Im not trying to arguementative. I just dont remember that happening, so I dont have that concern with him.

My view is, hes a live wire so yea injuries might happen to him, but w/o that energy (or sizable quevos) he would be very average.

Edit: Just wanted to give CK some extra props while refreshing some of Hartlines play. I dont see even 1 questionable decision after the catch. CK, is this a break down of every play his way?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb39qlJEwXc"]YouTube- ‪Universal Draft Presents Miami Dolphins WR Brian Hartline '09‬‎[/ame]

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    If he can be Kevin Walter of 2008, we're in business.

16. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    When I think 2009 Hartline I always remember the game with him flat out takeing his pass back from the two titan deffenders. What a play.