1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martz likes Miami to take WC spot (video)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shaunm000, Dec 15, 2009.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Nice post, I was about to post this. Martz is a smart man!

shaunm000 likes this.
  2. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I love that he pointed out that we took Indy and NO to the wire! Not many people give us credit.... i know i know, close only counts in horshoes and hand grenades, but the props are flattering.

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I agree with both Martz and Lombardi. Miami is playing the best, but the Ravens have the easiest schedule. If we take care of business then I think we'll be in b/c our competition hasn't been playing as well and at least one (probably more than one) will falter.

4. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    If we win out I'll be thrilled. Making the playoffs and ultimatly the superbowl is always the goal but with this team and the injury's we have had to deal with this year finishing 10-6 would be remarkable. If for some reason you do not agree with me please take a moment to put things into perspective.

2 years ago we were 1-15. No shocker there as that season will be burned into all of our memories for a lifetime. The following year we had the leagues biggest turnaround finishing 11-5. We did catch some breaks last year though. We played one of the easiest schedules in the league. I would like to point out however that as easy as our schedule was it was more difficult than any of our other AFC east rivals. We also had penny fall into our lap as well as going pretty much injury free for the entire year.

This year however none of the above is the case. Take a moment to consider these points.

1. We are playing the leagues toughest schedule.
    2. We lost our Starting QB for the season. It also needs to be pointed out that we was the runner up for the Leagues MVP last year.
    3. We lost our all pro running back for the season.
    4. Lost our number one cornerback. Also of note the coaches were counting on him heavily to be on the field tutoring and making the signal calls for the DBs.
    5. Lost our starting nose tackle. All of us, or at the very least most of us considered us very thin at the NT position.
    6. Had injuries to the entire middle of our offensive line and were forced to use a center that had never taking a snap for us at center during or game or in practice.
    7. As young as we were last year this year we are even younger.
    8. We were competitive in all of our games.
    9. we are Undefeated in December under Tony S. I remember far to many years where we would start off hot and collapse this time of year.
    10. Insert your own point here as I'm sure I missed a few.

Taking all these things into consideration, for us to end the season 10-6 would be and outstanding accomplishment.

PS. heheh excuse me for rambling =)