1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marvel Phases 4 & 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Unlucky 13, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I do not even know what that is

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team DeVante Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Lights are on and kids and autistic people are allowed to talk during the show.

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That sounds terrible

Stitches likes this.
  4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I went and saw one movie under those conditions (my youngest is autistic/sensory issues). It's basicially the same as watching in your living room with lights on. I did go see Wakanda Forever this weekend. Not sure what was in the air, some contaminant that kept making my eyes water.
    Overall, was a solid MCU movie. A nice final chapter to phase 4 which is all about remorse and regret. I get Marvel didn't want to use the same exact back story for Namor that DC used for Aquaman (same in the comics, Namor came first). So, the change to Mayan based backstory worked well for me . I get why they took out the references/end credit scenes that would have either shown Dr Doom or implied his character, but still wish they left it in there. Overall, quite good, but not great. But, given they were making the movie without C Boseman, it's about as good as can get without him.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007

Watching this video is super easy, barely an inconvenience.

6. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    https://screenrant.com/dcu-superman-henry-cavill-out-not-returning/

This article isn't about Marvel, its about DC. But the point is that Henry Cavill is out as Superman, that Gail Gadot is almost certainly out as Wonder Woman, and Jason Mamoa might be out as Aquaman. And all three would then seemingly be free to join the MCU, should both they and Marvel be interested. Cavill in particular has been connected to various roles in the past.

7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
  8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Wakanda Forever comes to Disney+ on February 1st, so I'm going to just hold out and watch it at home. It'll be the first MCU movie that I miss at the cinema since Spiderman: Homecoming, and just the fourth overall (Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger).

9. KeyFin

KeyFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Finally watched Black Adam and I absolutely loved it. I know that's not Marvel, LOL, but it was the best superhero movie I saw last year.

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I kind of feel that they are all pretty one dimensional and starting to get uninteresting.

Mostly the same boat (though I caught CA and Thor in theaters).

I kind of wanted to see it, but the Marvel fatigue is starting to get real and I really just don't enjoy Letitia Wright.

11. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Thoughts on the phase 1 of the new DC universe? I do like how they are allowing continuation of Matt Reeves Batman and J Phoenix Joker, even though I am meh on the latter. But I did tweet over a year ago how DC should get their act together, clean house and get a unified vision like Marvel has with a real comic book nerd running the show and I specifically mentioned James Gunn should be that person. I got blasted in the comments for it.

Regardless, I like how it's not just a reboot of the main Justice League pantheon/members. Gunn is mixing in lesser heroes with the bigger ones. Gunn has a really outstanding track record of making audiences love the heroes most have never heard of. The Lanterns detective series looks really interesting. and I love how Gunn is writing the Superman movie. Have to admit, even though I'm a comic nerd, I never heard of The Authority. seems like it has potential too

12. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I like Gunn, but almost no interest in DC at all. Always been a Marvel guy.