1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Moore has bruised ribs!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Oct 24, 2011.

1. dolphan197

dolphan197 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    West Virginia
  2. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Yeah, they are. I'm hoping that the Colts are so thoroughly embarrassed that they start turning it up a notch. Probably grasping at straws though.

3. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Honestly don't think they're missing much with Hightower.

4. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Matt Moore has experience leading his team to the promised land. He did it last year, and delivered the Panthers Cam Newton! Yesterday he came through again when it mattered most! It was looking bleak... we had the ball in overtime... but Moore comes through with that huge fumble at the perfect time!

He truly will be missed. I'm not sure we can replace him...

electrolyte and Sceeto like this.
  5. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    hey sage helped us beat three team back in the year 05 and he whaled that ball 60 yards to chris Chambers for a a td. half to admitt I miss ole Chris and Sage connecting for completions. Doesn't it seem like it was only yesterday that Feidler Greise and Sage were the qbs and our main worry was getting past the second round in the playoffs ?I wonder what Marino thinks the team needs to do now ?

6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Irrelevant. Not only are players short-sighted, thinking only of the next game or the next practice, but Marino in particular has absolutely no clue what to do with any football team from a personnel standpoint. He tried it for a week and bailed. It's not in him.

A more relevant question is what Stephen Ross thinks the franchise needs to do now.

Pandarilla likes this.
  7. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    See my Sig. :yes:

SICK, FinNasty and BlameItOnTheHenne like this.
  8. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Good point!! :up:

9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

We're down to our 3rd option at FS now too, with Culver. Though IMO he isn't as bad as Jones has been.

10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

We only ever won one playoff game with any of the 3, so I don't see how when we had them, getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs was our main worry.

11. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    You are probably way too young to remember "Duck and Cover."

[​IMG]

Ophinerated, NaboCane and Section126 like this.
  12. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Sage can sling the ball and may actually complete some long ones to Gates .Hey maybe Marshall will accidentally catch a few

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    That would be a change.

14. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I know all you S4L'ers are salivating over this, but if some SERIOUS revamping to our offensive line isn't done during the off season and we do draft Luck and he starts, he's going to end up just like Henne, just like Moore, just like Chad Pennington, just like Trent Green...Just how many of our QB's have been sidelined due to the OL not protecting the QB?

:pity:

Larryfinfan likes this.
  15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Get to da choppah!

Tone_E likes this.
  16. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    What's the UFL trade deadline? Can we still go after Culpepper?

:crapstrom:

SICK likes this.
  17. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Indy is mysteriously talking about.."Playing YOUNG players, to see what they can do.."

Code for: I'm ALLIN Miami, what do you got?

Sorry guys, I kinda like Barkley..but I trade our pick and 2 more 1st rounders to Indy for Luck if it comes down to it. Just got to do it.

ckparrothead, Sceeto and schmolioot like this.
  18. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I think there will be 3 good franchise QB's coming out this year. We don't need to be first...just in the top 5 IMO. I do want Luck though (which means we have to pick first).

EDIT: Having bruised ribs doesn't mean Moore will sit out.

19. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I agree with you Sec.

We don;t just need a good QB. We need Andrew Luck. To come this far and sit there at #2 and take Barkley or Jones just won't cut it. BArkley and Jones, though fine players who I would be happy to have any other year, just will not do for this franchise what Luck will.

He will completely re-energize and re-invigorate this franchise, this city, this fanbase. I said Cam Newton was the guy we needed last year and we fell way short. Luck is the guy we need now and he will be close enough to grab.

Grab him

NaboCane and Section126 like this.
  20. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah well the only QB less protected by his OL was...ummm...Henne...

21. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    If the #1 pick and Andrew Luck end up available for trade, I would be willing to bet my left testicle on Luck going to Cleveland. No one will be able to outbid them.

22. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Depends where Cleveland ends up. The two first round picks don;'t mean much if they're at #13 and 28.

If we end up at #2 we would offer a king's ransom to simply move one spot. STL or Indy could then either take the o-lineman theyd esparately need at #2 or trade down again for another bounty. Maybe you trade with Cleveland at that point if Cleveland really wants Barkley

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ive been talkin about this in another thread, but, This is Polians plan imo.

I believe He knows Manning is gonna be ok, I'am sure he's privy of the real info, and in no way does he want it leaked, so, he wants that #1 pick so bad, cause if he gets it, he will trade out, and surround Peyton in his twilight years with the high draft picks that he gets for Luck..

Him comin out and saying he will select Luck if he gets the chance, is all smoke screen.. He wants the 3 first rounders that come with trading back, and Iam pretty damn sure that team has checked out, and I'am sure he's done some little things within the organization like what you said, to show the players where he stands on this subject {yeah Iam sure it was that lame duck Caldwell suggesting he play younger players, right}..I'ts a business move, for a business man. bottom line, and imo, its smart..SFL that is..and Peyton Manning will be the beneficiary of that slickness..

Imagine Peyton with Lamichael James and Blackmon on the field together for the next 4 years, cause I'am sure Polian is.

eltos_lightfoot and Section126 like this.
  24. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    Cleveland won't pick at #13. They'll end up with 3 or 4 wins tops. And yes, I know their schedule. I also know Cleveland. Plus, I suspect that their second pick will be a middle of the pack one. We better get this #1 selection if we want Andrew Luck.

25. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I think Atlanta makes a strong playoff push, putting the pick in the 20's. Not all that attractive. Espescially when you consider the trade down twice scenario I laid out.

And Cleveland already has 3 wins. you think they're finished?

26. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    Wouldn't surprise me. Their schedule looks soft-ish but this is a bad team in major rebuilding mode. They got 3 winnable games left (all at home), but the truth of the matter is that they are worse than Jacksonville, St. Louis and Arizona, barring injuries.

27. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    CLE is picking @#12 right now....with 3 wins thru week 7 (WAS has lower SoS% for 3 Win teams, then CLE)

28. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    Week 7 is week 7. Last year, the Bills were 0-6 and ended up 4-12. The 49ers were 1-6 and ended up 6-10. There'll be major changes to the draft order. In the end, it's always the bad teams that pick first because the not so bad ones find ways to win, even if it doesn't look like it.

Stringer Bell and BigDogsHunt like this.
  29. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Considering I have Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, and Rashard Mendenhall sitting ahead of him... I'd say pretty well.

30. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I don;t see how Cleveland can overtake us in a pissing contest for Andrew Luck.

How can they top our 3 1st round picks, when one of them is gonna be #2 overall?

31. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Don't they have two this year? Two this year and one next would probably more attractive than one 1st for the next 3 years.

Either way, we're picking #1. I'm confident in our squad of terrible players and coaches.

Section126 likes this.
  32. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Not necessarily. Depends where the cleveland picks end up falling. If Cleveland ends up picking #11-13 and the Atlanta pick is #22-26, that's not great value at all for giving up the #1. For STL, that takes them well out of range for Kalil, Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey.

They are better off trading down to #2 and either taking an elite propspect, or making a second trade down with a QB desparate team who still nets them an elite prospect (say Seattle ends up picking 6th or so)

33. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    Cleveland can easily sweeten the deal with two first round selections in 2013/2014 on top (just like we would). What it really depends on is what the team drafting at #1 figures it can do with the additional Cleveland selection. If they have a player in that range they really like, then it becomes a no brainer, value or no value. And that's assuming that we would actually be willing to offer three consecutive first round selections which is far from a given.

34. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Perhaps, but it also depends on the player the team picking #1 wants. There is a steep drop from Matt Kalil to the next best tackle. I feel the distance between Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey is fairly steep.

Hopefully, all of this will be simply academic as we "earn" the #1 pick outright

35. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    After watching Colts eat a 60 burger, Dolphins realized that they needed to step their game up and really dug in deep. Bravo! Bravo, I say.

36. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    JP Losman. Close enough.

37. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    In your frustration and depression you've forgotten a cardinal rule of quarterbacking...it can ALWAYS get worse.

And it just did, J.P. Losman.

38. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    In terms of draft ammunition, absolutely. However, Miami has guys like Brandon Marshall, Cameron Wake, Kevin Burnett and Karlos Dansby that could be up for sale. I would think the only guy off limits would be Jake Long. The Browns don't have as many attractive players to offer in trade. I assume Joe Thomas would similarly be off limits.

39. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I think we can outbid them. Three straight first round picks is a pretty big offer. Anyways I expect Bradford to come back stronger and win a couple games in that division with Lloyd there to help. Indy should beat Jax in a game or two.

40. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Can we even trade a first round pick that is three years out? I thought there was a rule that you could only trade draft picks for the upcoming draft and the one directly after it. Trading a first round pick in 2014 may not even be viable right now, is it?