1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Moore signing two year deal with Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    i actually like Brandstater a little more. Not that it means anything.

2. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Geez O'freakin' Pete....
    If Ireland was to give in and and send the 2nd round pick to Denver they are supposedly asking for, most of the same folks, and quite a few others on this board would have had a howlin', screamin' pluperferfect hissy fit about ANOTHER 2nd round pick being used on a mediocre quarterback - which is what Kyle Orton is, folks. There is absolutely no guarantee that Orton will do any better than Henne will this year. Don't have a conniption! The season hasn't even begun, and if Denver has to release him because of CAP problems (dubious proposition that is!) we still stand a chance of getting the popularly anointed Dolphins Savior for a lot less than a second round pick and a player. If not, we play the hand we're dealt, and quit screaming ourselves blue because the FO didn't pull of the improbable. There is just no satisfying some of you folks, and this really ain't rocket science or a portent of the coming of Armageddon!

CHILL!

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    This is one of the reasons I don't like him. Weak arm. If you're grading on a curve of starting quarterbacks, his arm is among the worst 5 or 7, I would say.

4. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    So we added a noodle arm gunslinger? Superbowl, baby!

dolfan32323 and DolfanJake like this.
  5. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Hold on. What QBs? We have Henne right now. Who else? And UDFA? Pennington is gone. Thigpen is gone. We have Henne and some UDFA who probably wont make it out of training camp. We add Moore to that. Failing to see how this makes the Orton trade dead in the water?

1 - Orton
    2 - Henne
    3 - Moore

You tell me CK... what am I missing?

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    oh now its tom brady, so than tell me who would have been out there to make an upgrade over TOM BRADY ???

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Oh my God the sky is falling..... Dolphins nation is now officially on suicide watch. :lol:

8. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so now to just make you haters feel more comfortable , namndi has apparently signed with the jets, bob is tweeting it

9. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    well i cant believe the orton deal is dead then, or at least i hope

10. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Again, why does everyone have to make this about Orton and Orton alone? It's a convenient way of white-washing what just happened over this last week.

They didn't get ANYONE.

This isn't about Kyle Orton for a 2nd or 3rd or whatever the Broncos wanted. This is about Kyle Orton, Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb, Vince Young, Matt Hasselbeck, Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Flynn, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Colin Kaepernick and yes, Ryan Mallett. They didn't get...ANYONE.

They got Matt Moore who was quite possibly one of the very worst QBs to have played in 2010, and they picked up an undrafted free agent that has a puny arm. That's what they did. Nothing.

11. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Incarcerated Bob tweeted The Islanders traded for my nuts 6 times last season. That guy has less credibility than you or I.

On your other point, the Patriots are DIVISION Champions. Our path to the playoffs goes through them and the Jets.

We've done nothing to gain ground on them.

Nothing.

I want to win. I don't want to go 7-9 or 9-7 "IF WE GET THE BOUNCES".

**** that. WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. Stop embracing mediocrity.

dolfan32323 and DolfanJake like this.
  12. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    They have Chad Henne, Matt Moore, Pat Devlin and Tom Brandstater.

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    They were trying to get Orton for a song and it didn't happen.
    I guess they feel better about Chad Henne than most think.
    Too funny how everyone is flipping out.

GMJohnson and ToddsPhins like this.
  14. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    One would hope. The Dolphins may think they've just found leverage by signing Moore, but I don't think they have.

15. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I'm still sticking with my prediction... Henne beats out whatever competition comes in, whether it be Orton or Moore or whoever. A year older and a year wiser.

ToddsPhins and ChrisKo like this.
  16. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    And you are assuming with your rants that the last 2 are locks to make the team? They are camp fodder...

17. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    he was right with almost everthing the last few days, besides last year which was a special teams disaster and a checked out team in week 17 we have always played the pats tough, just like we play the jets tough, we can play with them

18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    well, if Henne remains healthy then his backup will have no bearing on our season.

Killerphins likes this.
  19. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO Moore looked good two years ago and then got hurt (shoulder). He had a nice long ball. Last year he looked bad in most of the games. He was out of rhythm and his arm looked weak. I don't know if that was injury related, if he hadn't recovered or what.

20. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

If you got traded to Winnipeg , I'll take care of you and the rumours of it being cold aren't true , well except for winter that is .

21. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Thats actually I'm afraid true, Believe it or not thats potentially their strategy........

WOW

stinkin Thinkin 101...........Oh well theres always the draft

22. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    You really want the Orton trade to commence? By now, I'm completely fine with sinking or swimming with Chad Henne (I assume it's sinking, but stranger things have happened, though not many) and get myself a darn QB in next year's draft. I'd much rather suffer for one more year with Henne than for five more years with this front office.

23. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Oh, just blow it up. Its been 15 years of also ran.

24. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Moore did not have a puny arm coming out of college, or in preseason with Dallas. I did not see him in Carolina. So, I'll just wait till we see him this preseason before I'll be certain his arm has gone the way of Joe Kapp or Billy Kilmer.

25. Dr. Mookie

Dr. Mookie New Member

Jul 27, 2011
    West Hollywood, CA
    what if Henne turns out good?

26. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I understand your frustrations, but would you actually pull the trigger on Orton for a 2nd?

EDIT. If you would, then you have to give Ireland some credit, as he wouldn't appear to be in your "win now to save our career" conspiracy theory.

27. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    SUPER BOWL!!!!! .... in 2016...maybe

dolfan32323 likes this.
  28. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Wow this fan base just went to hell. Thought I was on the wrong site.

29. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    IMO drafting a QB this year by this staff made zero sense because they might get canned after this season. Nobody was going to keep Sparano around because he drafted Gabbert if he went 7-9 again.

The other names you listed have price tags attached to them. Orton for a 2nd? I think I will take Moore ( well really I mean Henne ). Do we have any idea what Palmer would cost? He is about the only name on the list that I would consider a possible substantial upgrade. It's not like he was lighting it up last year to my knowledge ( Palmer QB Rating 2010 is 82; Henne was 75).

I feel your frustration. I want a better QB, but it seems the draft is the main method and this staff wasn't going to draft a 4 year project when they wouldn't be around for the payoff. The Patriots staff will be around when that move pays off.

30. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    based on what I saw this offseason when breaking everything down play by play, along with the additions that have been made, along with the subtractions that have been made, along with the dynamics this particular offseason provided, and the fact that Henne has led the team during this peculiar time, I believe Henne will play much better, and so will this team..

31. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Palmer is not available.

32. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beats trading for a guy who can't beat out Tim Tebow.

33. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    That's really not the issure here. Coming out of last season, we knew that there were major offense issues, the most glaring ones at OC and QB. We then went ahead and replaced the OC with what most 'insiders' in Cleveland call "the worst OC we've had in recent memories, and we had bad ones" and did absolutely zip all at the quarterback position. We didn't actively pursue any QB in the draft. We didn't sign any veteran that has actually proven that he can be more than just a backup or a development guy. And now we're locked in talks with Denver over Kyle bloody Orton and his worth, which in and by itself illustrates that not even our FO is of the opinion that he's good enough to warrant a premium draft selection. The whole approach of adressing what were clearly the most pressing issues on either side of the ball was totally **** up.

34. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    While I understand your point completely, I have to ask the following question. Who exactly did you (or anyone here really) expect us to go out and get with a lame duck coach and front office that pretty much everyone in NFL circles believes will not be here next year? The only way we could land someone big IMO is by trading for them. As much as I love this team, I just dont perceive us this year as a good destination to go if I'm a free agent, and I'm not. I'm a lowly insurance broker :lol: But if I see it that way, I'm sure NFL players/agents do as well.

I for one, am glad they didnt overpay for anyone by sending multiple high picks away. I'm good with this FO so far not really selling the farm just to win a few more games this year than Henne might win us. I just dont see why anyone would want that. Maybe I'm missing something here, I dont know.

DolfanJake and ToddsPhins like this.
  35. finagain

finagain New Member

May 1, 2011
    I think Devlin is the puny arm he's referring to.

Who wants to bet that a year from now our new coach/FO is in discussions with Philly on whether to give up a 2nd or 3rd for VY?

So disappointed. Either we never had the interest in VY that was reported, or VY for some reason chose Philly over us..

DolfanJake and MrClean like this.
  36. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Egggcellent!

Now just find some more offensive line depth since 50% of what we have has a pretty big injury risk history. :yes:

37. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    He helped the Panthers get the top draft pick!

38. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    If we have a new coach in 2012 it means we probably had a terrible 2011 season, which would mean not trading for VY, but drafting a QB in the 1st round. If we have a bad season and don't draft a QB in the 1st round? Mutiny. Either trade up like the Jets did to get one, or if the season is that bad we stay put since there's supposedly a solid QB class. Of course everyone wants Luck, but the Dolphins shouldn't be that bad, and I doubt they'd be able to trade up to get him.

This regime would never do that, they'd rather trade back and draft an OLB or something. But this regime isn't coming back unless the Dolphins make the playoffs.

39. phillyphinphan

phillyphinphan Season Ticket Holder

Jan 8, 2008
    Just looking at the money being talked about for Moore...that's 2nd or 3rd string money. not comp for henne, which is what they said they would bring in...maybe ireland wants him as a project since he was on dallas' practice squad...I hope this is just filling in the bottom of the depth chart

40. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Honestly I am happy the Orton deal is dead. I don't want any picks given up that could be used on a pretty good QB draft next year. With the rookie cap in place I don't mind using our draft picks to move up (if needed) to get the guy behind Luck.

Sure it kills in the short term, but I don't see this team winning a playoff game with Orton as is. Maybe we get lucky and Henne blossoms. If not (by the sounds of Ross' latest comments) Sparano is gone and Ireland can aim for one of the first round QB's next year.

Always thought Orton seemed like a short term stop gap that would prevent us from doing the right thing long term.

siciliansith likes this.