1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Moore signing two year deal with Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Jul 29, 2011.

1. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri

New coordinator and new weapons, we could win quite a few more this year. Your statement made me lose quite a bit of respect for your opinions

2. C-HUCKS1

C-HUCKS1 New Member

Jul 27, 2011
    I don't know if Young is better than Henne, but I think it would have been a good competition between the two. However I do know one thing even on his worst day VY is a ten times better QB than Matt Moore. I just wonder if our front office actually watches film on these guys before they sign them.

3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I would be ecstatic about having a Chad Pennington right now. We can all thank Chad Pennington for the only Dolphin season worth a crap in the past decade.

I don't know what makes Henne 'deserve one last try'. He's already started more NFL games than a lot of guys ever do.

4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Yeah Matt Moore over Vince Young is just mind boggling to me.

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Vince Young = potential headache
    Matt Moore = no headache

SICK likes this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    no, thats not what I'am sayin, Orton may have become the starter eventually, but the season may of started with Henne at the helm, you can't underestimate what has transpired this offseason.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

So, you're actually dead now and posting as a zombie? That explains a lot.

SICK and Alex13 like this.
  8. MrClean

And some folks dont p!ss and $hit on everything just so they can feel bad.

9. MrClean

Yeah, his arm is so weak it's surprising he can get the pass past the line of scrimmage. It's obvious he just closes his eyes and throws, praying the receiver may make a play. He makes Jaybird's arm look like a young Elway's arm.

10. MrClean

Hitler used aqua and orange glasses and told everyone the Dolphins were great?

11. MrClean

Adolf was a terrible blitzer. Couldn't get past the Brits or the Russians.

12. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    You clearly don't know the playbook. He blitzed the Brits just fine, it just took way too long for his safeties to make the tackle at Dunkirch.

13. MrClean

I know the playbook just fine. He gave up on the Battle of Britain because the RAF was winning in the air, and decided to break his treaty with Stalin and invade Russia instead, which has never worked for any country in the history of the world and never will. The Bohemian corporal was a terrible military strategist and too egotistical to see it or admit it.

14. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ļøā€

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    And he liked feet.

15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Nazi comparisons? Time to get the hell off of this board.

Now do what you will with me moderators.

16. MrClean

He was also a vegetarian and a tea totaler, whereas FDR and Churchhill were meat eaters and liked to a pull a cork fairly regular. We know how that turned out.

17. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    If we had Chad P.for 4-8 years I would be happy, but I don't want a one or two year window of opportunity before we move on to the next guy. Henne deserves one last try because the team has a lot of time and money put into him and I want a payout. I think there is still a decent enough chance for him to be our long term fix at the QB position and because of that opportunity the team should do there best to make it work. If Orton was that awesome guy for a good time period why would he be replaced by Tim Tebow?Maybe because Tebow puts fans in the stands but I think winning one ups Tebow. With Moore we know Chads the guy, and so does Chad, and I think thats what he needs from the teem. If he busts then you can come back next year telling me I was wrong and I will have to agree but as of now, I think our best odds are with putting chad(and therefore the team)in the best position to win.

18. MrClean

It's your fault. You logged in under your DolfanJake alter ego and brought Adolf into the discussion. LMAO.

19. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Henne and Matt Moore doesn't inspire a ton of confidence. I don't really understand it, we have a legit defense and really we are just a legit Qb away from being a serious contender. Does anyone really think we are in a good position to get through the Jest and the Pats with Henne and Moore? I hope so but I don't have a lot of faith right now.

muscle979 and Dolphins1Beatles like this.
  20. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    I'm afraid you didn't get the joke

Oh, and by the way, he was neither a corporal nor Bohemian.

21. MrClean

Hitler promoted General Paulus to Field Marshall during Stalingrad when things were on the verge of collapse. He ordered Paulus not to surrender. He felt promoting him would mean rather than disgrace the rank that Paulus would commit suicide rather than surrender. Later when all hope was gone, Paulus finally surrendered anyway. Being Roman Catholic he was opposed to suicide. During his captivity, according to General Pfeffer, Paulus said of Hitler's expectation: "I have no intention of shooting myself for this Bohemian corporal". My referring to him as such was because that's how Paulus referred to him. I think the comment was indicative of the low opinion that many of the older high ranking officers privately held toward Hitler. JMO.

Sorry, I did not get your joke. I guess it went over my head or got lost in translation.

22. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    In fact the comment was coined by Paul von Hindenburg who, at that time, was under the misconception that Hitler actually was from Bohemia.

The corporal is a translation error. The proper translation, probably, would be private as that was Hitler's rank in World War 1 and Hindenburg, a field marshall, used it to indicate that he'd never let such a low ranking individual assume the position of chancellor. Which, of course, he then did a couple of months later.

The joke was a reference to the Battle of Dunkirk where Hitler had a good part of the British Army cornered and helpless but then, for whatever reason, failed to act on it, allowing them to be evacuated. Annihilating the Britsh expedition army might have ended the war with Great Britian right then and there. Ah well, so much for history. I'm glad the guy was a doofus in the end.

MrClean likes this.
  23. MrClean

So, Paulus was referencing von Hindenberg when he called Hitler "this Bohemian corporal". Thanks for that bit of info.

24. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    The 5 more touch downs in a season Orton got over Henne. Do you think Orton would be 5 ahead with Henning going into field goal mode inside the 30 and calling wildcat at the stupidist time possible? Really?

25. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I do, Orton will throw down the field outside of field goal range.

26. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    let them compete.
    all we need is honest competition in the QB stable to sort things out.
    will be interesting to see how things work out in 2011

27. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    Thank you

28. InfernoOrangeSS

InfernoOrangeSS New Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Yeah, the Moore signing is confusing to me to say the least. I have not been a big fan of Orton either, but Moore just makes me think no one really cares. Maybe it's just me, but this signing just does not make sense to me.

DolfanJake likes this.
  29. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Superbowl.

30. Panthers

Panthers New Member

Aug 1, 2011
    I came here from the Panthers forum to let yall know a thing or two about Moore.

Yes, he put up great numbers in the last few games in '07, but I think the stats don't show it all. His decision making was poor, and he was very lucky not to have had more picks. He did show he can win games, but honestly, it wasn't him who won the games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JsdmJ_9xQ Watch the highlight reel. Even some of these throws could have gone either way. He placed some of them very well, but if Steve Smith wasn't out there, the defense would've taken some of those.

I do like that he spreads the ball though, considering his predecessor, Jake, threw to Steve every passing play. Moore has potential, but he's gonna need more time to really blossom.

MrClean likes this.
  31. MrClean

Thank you for coming here and politely offering your opinion sir. Welcome! Good luck with Cam this year.

32. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    you never know until the rubber hits the road. let them compete.

33. MrClean

Tweet from Omar:

34. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Beason likes him.........well that settles everything. :lol:

35. MrClean

If it is even true, I'd think the opinion of a fellow player and former teammate counts more as an astute observation than the opinion of a typical fan. YMMV.

36. Panthers

Panthers New Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Beason likes everyone.