1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Ryan news from Peter King

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    SI.com's Peter King writes that he hasn't "talked to a soul in the last week" who believes the Dolphins will take Matt Ryan No. 1 overall.

If the Dolphins don't trade out, Jake or Chris Long would make sense. Vernon Gholston is a darkhorse to go first. Ryan generated mixed reviews at his Pro Day and Miami should be able to get a nice QB prospect at No. 33 overall.
    Source: SI.com

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Don't agree with taking a QB at 32 unless Brohm falls. If we don't take Ryan, I would assume it would be because Parcells, Sparano, and co believe John Beck can be their QB. So why waste a pick at number 32 on a QB? IMO, if they think we need a QB Ryan will be the pick. If we don't take a QB with pick 1, why take one with pick 32? Get a project guy on day 2.

Of course I'm still pulling for Matt Ryan in case my post leads anyone to believe otherwise.

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I agree with you, give Beck a chance. all the experts keep saying that will draft a QB if thats the case i rather wait for the 2nd rd + draft Jake or Chris long #1 overall

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    as I mentioned in the thread we have going on in VIP about this...
    I think i'd have to agree with this. I'd be very surprised to see us taking Ryan at #1. It woudlnt shock me to see Atlanta take him at 3 as theyre pretty desperate for a QB. Us however, Beck is still there to prove he can get the job done (personally i dont think last year was a "fair" shot), and with McCown here too, I just dont see us getting a QB in round 1. With one of our second rounders, Flacco or Henne... seems more realistic to me, but even that I doubt. I think we need to fill some holes on the line first.

5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    as I mentioned in the thread we have going on in VIP about this...

How do you become a vip member? i would like to join if possible

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  6. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    Give Celtkin, cnc or any other of the staffers a pm and I'm sure they'll give you the rundown.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I am not a fan of Peter King or his writing.