1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Ryan News

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    04/01/08 - On the college quarterback class: "It's a very good class for the quarterbacks. Yeah, we're looking at all of them very hard. It's a great group of guys." On watching Matt Ryan in high school as an Eagles assistant: "He played at one of the Downingtown schools, so Friday night, they went through all the high school guys and he was a big star. You didn't know he was going to be a first-round pick, but he was a big recruit." On the quarterback class and the draft: "As a whole, it's one of the best drafts in years. You see a lot of good players. There's a lot of guys, I'm doing a list right now that we like the way they play, we want to have them on our football team. There's a lot of guys we would like to have on our football team. You just wish you could have them all. We bring them in on these visits and ask them, 'Are you coming?' And then it's like, 'Oh right, we can't ask you that.'" On Matt Ryan: "Specifically, Matt Ryan, he finds a way to win in the fourth quarter. He's a big-time competitor. He's an accurate passer, he's big, he can scramble. He's smart. He gives his receivers a chance. A lot of people are worried about his interceptions, but a lot of that is giving his receivers a chance to make plays, too. He's going to be a really good quarterback in this league." Will you draft a quarterback? "I would say yes. If one is there, who knows. If the first quarterback drops to eight we got to be ready to say whether we want him or not or do we trade back or do we take somebody else. Ozzie hasn't told me what he's thinking on that. That's top secret. I do know Matt Ryan is going to be a really good quarterback in the NFL." - NFL Owners Meeting Transcripts, John Harbaugh
    from Draft Scout
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=68159

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
    adamprez2003 likes this.
  2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Preaching to the choir

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The Ravens are in almost the exact same spot the Dolphins were last year. Needing a QB and hoping their guy falls to them. I can guarantee you if Matt Ryan falls to them, they won't screw up the pick like Mueller did last year with Quinn.

4. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

i was waiting for your comment :lol:

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah, thing is... Quinn hasn't really shown anything yet. Not to say that is his fault or anything, but until he actually shown something, I don't think Mueller screwed up the pick when he selected Ginn, a player who has actually shown a good deal more.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If Leodis McKelvin is there as is Matt Ryan, McKelvin will be taken. I believe they will hope for Brian Brohm in the second.

7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Not a chance. Did you just read the above article? The Ravens are even considering drafting Brohm over McKelvin. No way do they pass on Ryan.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I read it. I think they might but thats just my opinion.