1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Ryan's Handicap

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by emale2u1, Jan 5, 2009.

1. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    You really have to appreciate how good Matt Ryan was this year when you consider that he made Mike Mularkey look like a good OC. I was almost ready to believe the unbelievable (that Mularkey learned to coach) until I came across this blub in profootball talk ...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Now I am still glad we drafted Jake, but I can only imagine how good Matty Ice could have been in his rookie year if he wasn't handicapped by his OC.

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    what does an OC have to do with Snap count? Sounds like a rookie not adjusting more than anything...

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Not to mention that before his stint in Miami Mularky was considered one of the leagues top offensive minds. Personally I don't think his play calling was terrible here, he just didn't have the talent to execute his gameplan in my opinion.

4. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    He obviously did something right with the Falcons, was considered a good enough co-ordinator to get a head coaching shot in Buffalo and is now a serious candidate in Detroit. Oh, and many people around here positively wet themselves when we hired him as OC. He didn't do a great job here, but looking back on it, what exactly did he have to work with?

5. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Mularkey was terrible here, I was wondering about that snap count thing too because it was obvious to a fan like me that the Cards were teeing off on the count. The headcoach or Ocoordinator or Ryan for that matter should have changed it up.

6. hammerbillsfan

hammerbillsfan Suffering Bills Fan

Dec 28, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    I thought we were going to talk about his golf game? :D

dolfan32323 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Mularkey was a failure here, but he is a pretty good OC and has done great work in Atlanta.

And I agree with CitizenSnips, what does Mularkey have to do with the snap count? Isn't that the QB's job?