1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe Cameron stays and gives up playcalling

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jpep13, Dec 31, 2007.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I f Parcells told Cameron to stay only to give up the playcalling to someone else.
    Would that be ok? or do most fans want a new coach?

I guess we just need continuity. I still prefer a new coach

2. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

New coach.

3. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Give Cameron another season, we have not had enough time to evaluate him, especially with the injuries this team has had.

4. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    New coach please..I can not stand to see another game with this boob as our HC.

He should do himself a favor and resign ASAFP!!

5. Waldop

Waldop New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Miramar, FL
    Get rid of him!! He's worthless as a coach, pure and simple!!

6. twags500

twags500 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    I was just thinking about that last weekend, if he does decide to keep Cam, the second hiring (after GM) Parcells needs to do is an OC

A little off topic here, but Parcells doesn't have any ties to Moooolarky deos he?

7. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

If Cam stays there will definitely be a new OC calling the plays.

Cam obviously cannot do both.

8. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Would like to see him kept as the OC, but I know that is not possible.

9. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    no way Cam stays, he isnt a BP kinda guy. plus, his clock management sucks goat balls. cya Cam. didnt like your hiring in the 1st place, but best of luck to you.

10. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We need a new coach. Boot Cameron upstsairs where he can do little damage. :huh1:

11. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    New Coach... no more misery please!!!!

12. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    the GM hires the coach and that is the way it should be done, parcells hires the GM and he will hire the coach,

13. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I agree with u 100% if the season goes the same way it went this year next year i say we try and go after Bill Cower because he isnt coming back this year and he hasnt ruled out a return for next year

14. calfinfan

calfinfan New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd like to see Cam stay. Let his make changes in assistants though - DC and ST at least. He does need to give up the OC job if he stays.

Cam had the unfortunate time to be hired when all our past woes (drafting and FA pickups) fianlly raised their head. We don't have the talent to win consistently. For a lot of this year we had less than a rebuilding team. Heck many half the players starting for us at the end won't be in the NFL next season.

15. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I still think that when Bill hires a GM, he will let the GM hire his coach

16. REV KEV

REV KEV New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    No No No

17. REV KEV

REV KEV New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Yeah. No way would Cam be calling the plays again. Even if he hasnt learned that leeson it would be spelled out for him

19. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    Agreed... However, I think he will retain the right to override a call...

20. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    If Cam stays, it's conceivable that if Sparano isn't hired as a head coach somewhere, he could become our OC, he did say he wants to call plays again. Also, it would give Bill a chance to evaluate Cam next year without all the injuries, and if he decides to get rid of Cam next year, Sparano could make a smooth transition to HC.

It's a given that we won't going to the playoffs next years since we'll still be collecting the players Bill wants, so it won't make a difference if Cam stays. Personally, I'd like for him to get his chance to turn it around, see if he's learned anything from this year...he certainly didn't have much to work with on offense, and the defense was pretty bad for the most part.

21. inFINSible

inFINSible Bad ministrator

Nov 26, 2007
    I think the combo of Bill Parcells in his ear and an OC to take over playcalling duties could be just the right thing for Cameron to continue as coach.

22. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    Not really sure why he made so many bad choices with time management last season. Most of them came on Offense. He was an OC before he came here. But like most rookies mistakes, he will learn from them.

If he does stay it would not be the end of the world for Miami. They will do nothing more than shine during a few games next season. I think they will win at least 5+ games and make a push for .500 ball. If not for the lack of talent in most key positions Miami would take a new coach 10 out of 10 times. But it is what it is...Miami is just horrible right now...no matter who the coach is in 2008.

In the event that Cam does stay you are right about TUNA being in his ear. Miami will then, hire an OC that might be ready to make the jump to HC, if the team does not win 7 or more games...CYA Cam...:wave: Then the OC or another HC target takes the reigns.

I would let Cam go...Clock Management, Roster Moves, and LACK OF WINNING. Is enough for me to give him a long vacation somewhere else. But that is me...and I don't own, run, or have any pull with the MIAMI DOLPHINS & that is a good thing for CaM!!! :lol:

But I root for them like they are my family!!!:bighug:.......:lol:

Win or Lose the Dolphins will always be my only true NFL team. Even after a 1-15 season, I still get excited about the changes that start in 2008!!!! It will take a few seasons to get back the swagger. But it is coming and when it does it will taste that much SWEETER!!!:hi5:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007