McKinnie Visiting Today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phoenician Fan, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008

That's what I would do. We can probably sign both for a combined $6-7 million. Maybe even a little less if we squeeze them hard. On short term deals (1-3 years) there likely wouldn't be a lot of guaranteed money and wouldn't be major ramifications if we released one. Let them both compete with Martin, Yeatman and Garner for the two starting spots.

Phoenician Fan and MrClean like this.
  2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Whether it's left or right we need help at OT, period. Martin can play either side so it makes sense to look at both left and right tackles, which is what Ireland has been doing. It doesn't say anything about whether he thinks Martin can play on the left or not.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I know that Mckinnie has told the ravens that he wants to be guaranteed a starting position..

4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

That is debatable. At RT he allowed a pressure (sack, hit or hurry) in pass protection once in every 11.22 snaps. At LT he allowed a pressure once in every 8.76 snaps

5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    You guys know there's already a NFL defensive end who gets called the Kraken by more than like two or three people?

6. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    If they, or anyone else, were inclined to guarantee him a starting position I suspect they would have signed him by now. No guarantees -- pay him his market value (which is not all that high now) and he can come compete for a starting job like everyone else.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    YEah but he gave that nickname to himself. Giving yourself a nickname is lame. Like all of Shaquille Oneal's nicks

8. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    McKinnie flying to visit Chargers tomo. We didnt close deal

9. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Cameron Wake's nickname started in early 2010...before this kid even entered the NFL.

10. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I didn't know this until you just mentioned it and I looked it up.

11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Damn people, some of us are pretty lazy and would like to know who you are talking about without actually looking it up, geez.

Care to name this mystery fellow

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  12. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Panthers DE Greg Hardy. An impostor.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Nope , who?, and do they release the Kracken is the question Dpate?..lol.

14. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Mike Pouncey ranked 30th in PBE among centers his rookie year giving up 21 pressures. That isn't good.

Yes he looked the part and showed real potential but his actual performance was bottom tier.

People were right to see the potential because he is on his way to becoming an all-pro, but could he and the team have benefited from having a solid veteran like Jeff Saturday play a year while he was developed and mentored. Obviously yes.

That kind of thing doesn't happen with Jeff Ireland. He loves to leave gaping holes and drafting for need, and starting rookies. IMO, he is a mindless idiot, but that is just my opinion.

How many rookies started for the Ravens and 49ers last year apart from injury necessity?

I rest my case.

15. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i don't think the money they would see
    is hurting our cap for next year

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Problem for Fins is that right now, the leverage has shifted back to the players now that the draft is over.... McKinnie can afford to make a few visits and work one team against the other. That's what's happening now... We'll just have to wait it out and see what happens...

17. Daben

Daben Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Yes and no, whilst its true that teams using the possibility of drafting a tackle as leverage in negotiations have lost that advantage, there are now a slew of teams that have drafted tackles and no longer have any wish to sign a veteran. So whilst the teams in need are now more obviously so, they are competing against fewer offers from around the league

The big thing now is there is no hurry for any of the vets to sign now, as mini camps start up and the risk of players getting injured increases, their leverage will again go up. Plus I imagine guys like McKinnie are quite happy working out on their own. What they are all looking for is the multi year deal with some extra guaranteed money and I doubt we're offering anyone more than one year or possibly two at the most.

18. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

That's true, but the fact is that the teams that still need OTs are behind the eight ball, at this point and now have to think about getting a guy moreso than how low can I get the guy to sign for.

True enough, time is on the side of the players, particularly veteran guys like McKinnie...but if the Bolts have more desperation than the Fins do in acquiring a guy right now, he could be coerced to signing now and taking the bucks...

It's fine either way, but I think the guys out there (Clabo, McKinnie, Winston, etc) have more leverage to wait out for a bit more than they did before the draft...