1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McNabb a class act

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by SCall13, Oct 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Just wanted to say, for no particular reason, that Donovan McNabb is a class act. He has withstood a lot of heat in Philly, but he has shown nothing but a positive attitude in any and all situations. Yes, he's had bad games. But most teams would give their right arm to have a QB like him. He's a great leader, and is able to overlook criticism and not allow it to effect his play or his on/off the field demeanor. I love the guys attitude.

2. NYJ

NYJ J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Oct 8, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm a big McNabb fan for the reasons you mentioned. That ****ing city doesn't deserve him. I went to the Jags/Eagles preseason game this year. After every incomplete pass, no matter whose fault it was (pressure, tipped, WR screwup), chants of ''We want Vick!'' would start. Pathetic.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    unlike brady who didnt even shake bronco players hands after the loss today....just wanted to compare these 2. mcnaab is awesome

SCall13 and Soundwave like this.
  4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

lots of fans around here love him and andy reid

just sayin'.

don't the let few get ruled out by the majority.

gafinfan likes this.
  5. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I want Vick too, but for different reasons.:shifty:

late again likes this.
  6. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    McNabb is awesome. Despite some setbacks in his career, he continues to be an upper echelon QB and rolls with the punches. Hope he gets a ring at some point.

7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I like Donovan as well. He's a tremendous QB that's never been given his due. Philly fans are notoriously tough on their athletes. See Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, etc.

The football fan base is even worse. (Gap I know you're a closet Iggies fan, so don't take this personal) ... They've done everything from throwing batteries at players to cheering injuries. There's exceptions to every rule, but these folks are worse than Jet fans (and that's saying something).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Living in Phlly, I know how the fans are. They don't deserve Mcnabb. When they lose, it's his fault. When they win, they never give him his credit. It's sad.

Do you guys think he's a HOFer? I do.

9. anlgp

Nothing closet about it.

I can't deny those things have happened, but when another town (like cubs fans, for example) throw a beer on a player like shane victorino it bugs me that chicago isn't known as a "beer tossing" town.

At least philadelphians toss useless things like batteries, and not things that get you drunk (like beer).

Philadelphians and surrounding area folks (ie. me) are tough on their athletes. We expect winners and hate the opposition. When brady went down for the year last year I was happy. Not because I want the man to remain injured, but from a "this helps us out in a football perspective" point of view it was a beautiful thing.

10. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    evil gap

11. anlgp

like you guys didn't cheer when brady went down from a football perspective :lol:

FinSane likes this.
  12. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    of course

[​IMG]

13. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Dude, tossing a beer on someone has way less consequences than chucking a battery at someone. Imagine if you get somewhere tender. Or in the eye. Or a number of other places.

I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with this: Let's say the entire stadium starts to cheer when a wide receiver is motionless on the field. Later we find out that the injury actually ended his career.

I'm of course talking about Michael Irvin. I'm not a Michael Irvin fan by any means, but what happened that day was completely over the line.

And McNabb agrees, by the way.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/1999/10/11/philly_fans_ap/

It's crap like this that leads me to believe this fanbase is the worst in professional sports.

gafinfan likes this.
  14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    HOFer?

He's got to do more IMO.

15. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Well yea. But if he keeps up his production, i think he is on pace to become a HOFer.

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well he's going to get over 30,000 yards easily. In fact he'll probably reach 40,000 easily if he can stay healthy. He's currently at 199 touchdowns to 91 interceptions which is a very good rate. He's a proven winner, maybe not in superbowls but he's had his team in the playoffs and championship games many times. Also 27 rushing touchdowns and over 3000 rushing yards.

IMO if he stays healthy and puts together a few more solid years, makes the playoffs, he's a HOF player.

gafinfan likes this.
  17. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    McNabb is classy. But he throws too many dirt balls.

18. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Without a doubt Philly fans don't deserve him. Being from the area I can vouch that they are indeed the worse fanbase. They didn't deserve Iverson either.

19. anlgp

my whole point behind that was is that other teams fans do just as much as philly fans just that philly gets the bad rap for it. the battery/beer thing was an attempt at humor.

i agree with him too, but i highly doubt philly is the only town in which an injury was cheered. i know several packers fans who are hoping for favre's injury. and all he has done is switch to a rival team.

also "later we find out the injury actually ended his career". there is no way that they could have known that it would have ended his career.

it's not that i think philly is the picture perfect sports town because obviously it's not. what gripes me is how a lot of people say that philly is "the only" place that does things like that.

i think its reputation is a double edged sword. it's there for a reason, but sometimes it clouds judgement as well. i can't say it's the worst because i haven't lived in every town. in fact, every time i have gone to one of the stadiums up there it has been OPPOSING teams fans who are worse than the locals. I've had stuff thrown at ME and I'm not even in the game.

not all philly fans are like most in the stands. every town has its idiot. or several of them.

dolphindebby likes this.
  20. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Philly isn't the only sports town with douchebag fans. Hell the north is full of em (philly, New York, Boston), but Philly is known for having the worst fans for a reason. No other city will you find fans boo a possible future hall of famer who's done nothing but show class and win.

21. anlgp

This last part is debatable, even though he does have the most wins as an Eagles quarterback.

When they were in what could be the most important game of McNabb's career he got sick in the huddle and threw an interception the next play (or shortly thereafter).

That shouldn't make a career, but should he not win a superbowl I feel like that's what he'll be remembered by; not necessarily his getting sick or throwing the interception but that he couldn't come through in a clutch situation.

I'm kind of half and half on the whole situation. I believe that it's taking a chance not wanting Reid and McNabb back, but as history has shown I'm not sure if they can win the big game. I really hope they do before they both head out of town because a lot of fans may very well get what they ask for. I think the two of them have been through enough on and off the field that they need to get the win to be remembered right around here.. and league wide.

And if the next head coach and QB that come into town aren't as good as Reid and McNabb (very possible - Reid has taken them to something like 4 division championships and 5 NFC championship games and McNabb currently holds the Eagles record in wins, attempts, completions, yards and touchdowns) then I think most fans around here will finally start to see what they have now.

22. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    You make valid points. I'm not too sure McNabb or Reid are to blame for not winning the big one, but I doubt Philly fans see it that way. When it's said and done with, McNabb is the best QB Philly has had, and when he's gone, I guarantee they are going to wish they had him back.

23. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I would agree with that. I meant at this moment.

24. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    See above.

25. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Me, cheer for a brady injury gap?

You bet, but ONLY from a football perspective. :shifty: I wanted him taken out in yesterdays game. He's such a big jerk, it really is hard to care.
    I'd never want a permanent injury on anyone, but he'd be it if I did.

Have Miami fans ever been that aggressive at games?

26. anlgp

well, they're part of it, but a lot of fans blame only them. there were a lot of other reasons that philly lost.. you can read what i think in this (yeah i wrote it), if you have the time... the article goes in order of the underlined part.

To add to this their offense is very explosive this year. I watch every game of theirs I can (when the phins aren't on) and they've put up huge numbers. Jackson is looking like the real deal more and more and Maclin emerged yesterday. I like the way Harris is looking starting at Safety and McCoy seems to do well when given the chance. Ingram is obviously out, but Celek has stepped up and so it's basically the same thing.

I still believe they have a legit shot this year.

27. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    thats not true, i despise cubs fans to this day for what they did to steve bartman.

28. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I agree with most of what you say. Only point I'm trying to make is McNabb has been a very good QB for Philly. He's been hurt the last few years, but he's been a top 5 QB for years. Alot of Eagle's fans have placed far too much blame on McNabb, when he doesn't deserve it. These are the same fans which put all the blame on Iverson when he didn't deserve it either. Point being, Eagles fans are going to be wishing McNabb never left, whenever that may be imo.

29. anlgp

yeah but chicago isn't known as a "bad sports town". not that i know of anyway.

yeah i agree

30. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    not what ive heard :lol:

anlgp likes this.
  31. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't think there's any question Philly fans are the worst in all of sports.

Unfortunately, Gap, a fanbase is judged by how they act AT the games. I have met quite a few Philly transplants here in Florida that were very nice, but have also met quite a few typical knucklehead, battery-throwing types. Every team has it's douchebags, Philly just has more of them.

Booing unecessarily is probably the most ignorant thing a fan can do. This is what Philly fans are known for. I remember a couple years ago Phillies fans booing Pat Burrell in his first at-bat of the season!!!

32. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    A couple of Philadelphia Phillies fans killed a fan. A Phillies fan. Tell me they aren't the worst.

Clipse likes this.
  33. Soundwave

Soundwave Phins Sympathizer..

Apr 15, 2008
    Marsha Brady has issues with entitlement.

If he doesn't win, he gets rather pissy. What a POS.

34. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I've always liked McNabb, its a damn shame he is made of fine china but he's a great QB and Philly will miss him when he's gone.