1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest MOCK

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Matt Ryan, QB going 8th to ravens

2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    5 Kansas City Chiefs *Branden Albert, OT/G this guy moved up. I posted a vid of him he is big and nasty

3. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Nice read, thanks. I would be happy with either of the Longs

4. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    give me either long but like i said in an earlier thread
    they say jake long will be an elite RT and a good LT i would rather take chris long who i think is a beast on defense, he will help rebuild the defense and draft a good LT in the 2nd round or so

unless we have carey at LT and jake at RT

either way i would be happy but i would rather have chris and draft a good LT so we can kill 2 birds with one stone

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah the Albert thing was pretty crazy to me. I knew his stock was rising, but damn thats a helluva jump.
    McKelvin as the 3rd CB taken off the board is kinda nuts as well, Kiper seems to have a man-crush on Talib. Hard to see the Jills passing him for a DE, a position they have some solid (though not spectacular) guys at.

Jake Long will be an elite LT guys, write it down. He complements the Parcells/Sparano gamestyle very well, will help protect our QB (his pass blocking is NOT as bad as some people keep claiming, will plow open holes for the R@R train, and allow Carey to slide back to RT, or ...... LG? Hmm, THAT could be interesting. Long/Carey on one side? Ive been hearing rumors of him being slotted in as more of a G than a T, something to wonder about at any rate.

Ryan is the wild card. If he drops past Atlanta I can see all kinds of hell breaking loose. Several teams could look to move up and snag him before KC and then Baltimore. The patsies always love trading back, and its hard to see teams like the Bears standing pat with their rosters if the price isnt to bad.

On a related note, did anyone see McShays draft? I thought he nailed the top 10 pretty well, but hes got some crazy stuff going on in his. I think he had us taking Henne at 32 for instance.

6. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire

i hope you are right about jake being a dominant LT if he is i would be all over that i would be all for taking jake anyway especially if carey stayed at LT and have jake at RT

this is going to be a real fun draft

7. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I wouldn't mind Jake Long at all at that spot. We sure as hell need help on our offensive line.

8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
  9. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    They just had him on First Take with Sage Steel. The overall quality of the Guard position is pretty poor this year, but he is probably the one sure first rounder.

ATVZ400 likes this.