1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Merged] 0-16, Can the lions do it?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by anlgp, Nov 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Yay or nay?

I think with their remaining schedule (Titans, Vikings, Colts, Saints, Packers) they very well could. My gut tells me they'll pull out a win somewhere.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    They have a shot at the Vikings if the William bros are suspended for 4 games.

3. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I hope not...I hold no ill will for the lions...I dont know that I can root for an 0-16 for any franchise even the Pats...after last year I realize just how bad it sucks being on that path.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    If that bum Daunte Culpepper leads them to an 0-16 season, I'll bust a gut laughing. :lol:

steveincolorado and opfinistic like this.
  5. anlgp

I don't have ill will towards the Lions but I'd love for the other three teams in the AFC east to witness the heartbreak that is 1-15 or 0-16.

Why are the williams bros. going to be suspended?

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Theyll pick up a win somewhere I think. With culpepper there now, once he gets a better grip of the playbook, and gets some timing down with the receivers, theyre going to put together a win. It'll probably be an ugly win, but theyre going to get one i think.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Im gonna go out and say it. 0-16. They have less talent and a harder schedule than we did last year imo. They are terrible.

The amazing thing is people are still saying Rod Marinelli is the right coach for that team. What? You cant defense that!

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    they will win one game...evne though they had the NFL's worst GM, and they signed C-Pepe...I have to think they will pull out a win this year.

Come on Kevin Smith and Charles Johnson are good players, C-Pepe can still throw deep...

And 0-16 is just not something I'd wish on any fan...that is tough man...they'll win at least one game....crosses fingers..

OT, does anyone think the Lions may try and poach anyone off of our Staff? We've had one heck of a turnaround, they are sure to notice it..and if so....who?

9. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Do we have anyone with an expiring contract? Didnt we just sign a whole new staff?

Unless you mean for a HC spot, I dont think anyone is leaving here, and I dont see and HC candidates on this team right now.

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Calvin Johnson. :wink2:

I don't think they go after our staff members. I could see them going after a guy like Josh McDaniels and Steve Spagnualo. Jim Schwartz may get a look around the league. He's got the Titans defense playing very well. Dark-horse candidate for a head coaching look for me is Keith Butler. Steelers LB coach.

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This year has made me realize that you need an entirely new Front Office, from GM to Head Coach, Spagnualo has done a fine job for the Giants, but just a HC won't do.

I wonder if they will make a run for Jason Garret and force Jerry Jones's hand?

I don't believe Schwartz would be on the list, he has been in the NFL for a long time, this is the first time his name has come up, what about one of the Ryan Brothers?

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dan Henning?

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I absolutely agree that you need a new upper management and a coaching staff to rebuild your team after disaster and I think the Lions will do that. Spagnualo has done a good job and I don't see why he doesn't get a look. I'm sure many didn't have John Harbaugh pegged in as a successful Head Coach considering he was a Special Teams coach in Philadelphia. Spagnualo was in the running for Washington's job I believe but pulled out because he wanted to remain in New York. If he gets a HC shot again, I think he may take it.

Schwartz has been interviewed a few times, as recently as last season for the Redskins, Falcons and our Dolphins vacant HC job. He didn't get it but he did interview for it. He started working under Belichick in Cleveland in early nineties and has done a good job coaching up the Titans defense. Why not at least look at him?

The Ryan brothers are possibilities. I think Rex Ryan should get a shot before Rob Ryan in my opinion.

Garrett will be the HC in Dallas next year in my opinion.

14. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I wouldn't wish a total losing season on any team.

Well, except the pats & jests, now that would be great!

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I think Jerry Jones has learned his lesson with letting a team pilfer most of their staff.

I dont think Lee or Dorell are ready to become a OC yet.

16. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    They're gonna beat the Vikings at home on December 7th...mark it down.

I was always one of the people hoping someone would go 0-16...and then I experienced my team flirt with that last season and it changed my mind on it. No player, coach, fan, etc should ever have to go through that. They work too hard not to get rewarded somewhere along the way.

And on December 7th, it will happen for them

17. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    IMO hot coaching guy will be Josh McDaniels, Pats OC. After righting the ship and getting some Ws posted, his name will be tossed around quite a bit I imagine. I can see quite a few vacancies at the end of the season.
    Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Dallas, Houston, KC, Saint Louis, Oakland, San Diego, Philly.
    The hot names are going to get brought out fast and furious. Its a good season to be a top coordinator.

18. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I have watched almost every Lions game here since I live in Michigan, and let me say that they do not have the talent we had last year. The Lions should have beaten the Bucs last week, after jumping out to a 17-0 lead, and then losing it. The Lions are a great first quarter team usually, always jumping out to leads, giving their fans false hope of wins, and then they just blow it. It's been this way for years here

However, here is the Lions remaining schedule:

vs. Titans
    vs. Vikings
    at. Indy
    vs. New Orleans

Those are four pretty rough games to end your season with, but nonetheless here are my predictions.

Lions vs. Titans-
    I think the Lions will keep this game pretty close throughout most of the game, becuase they always play good on Thanksgiving, and they will have a big crowd to support them. However, I think in the end the Titans will pull away in the fourth quarter and win, 34-21.

Lions vs. Vikings-
    this game could be very critical for the Vikings becuase they are 6-6, with the Bears. The Bears/Viking play each other this Saturday, and if the vikings want to make the playoffs, they will need a win here, and I think they will get it. The Lions run defense is just awful, and I think Adrian Peterson will have a huge game. The Vikings win, 41-17.

Lions at. Indianapolis-
    Another playoff team that the Lions will have to face is the Colts. the Colts will be fighting for a wild card spot, along with a number of other teams in the AFC. This game that Colts will want to come in and get a victory to help solidify their playoff chances, and I think they will. The Lions will come out and hold their own though as the Colts win, 38-28.

Lions vs. Saints-
    The last game of the year. If the Lions lose they go down as the team that went 0-16, and if the Lions win the Saints go down as the team who let these lowly Lions beat them. I think option B will happen, and the Lions will go 1-15, and beat the Saints on a last second kick for Jason Hanson, the only Lion that is a familiar face year-to-year around here. Lions winn 31-28! :knucks:

19. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I imagine of those teams you listed, that Andy Reid (Eagles) and Romeo Cronell (Browns) are the only two guys that I can see getting another head coaching job next season.

I also heard that Lane Kiffin is the front runner for the Tennessee coach vacancy.

20. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I hope not.I want the Bucs to hold on to that one forever.
    Detroit will beat the Colts in a few weeks.:yes:

21. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    0-16 really does suck. 1--15 was just too damn close.

Since I hate the Pats, jets and bills, I do wish 0-16 on them. They can all go 0-16 for all I care. Sorry. Imagine we went 0-16 last year. We wouldn't hear th end of it.

Golden Rule. Do unto others, as they would have done unto you. Or something like that. :lol:

22. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I want to see it happen but I think they beat the Colts.

23. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    They will beat Green Bay in week 17:wink2:

24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I watched one series of the game today and my only thoughts were:

"This team will not win a game the rest of the season or even come close."

Their only chance is to get Calvin Johnson HEAVILY involved because he is about the only good thing they have going.

25. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Yeah that Bill Parcells guy.

26. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    The game was so lopsided, my cousin and I had a bet on which Lions QB is fatter, Culpepper or Henson. Then we debated about all the Michigan/Michigan St. QB's that had been drafted since 2001. Wasn't pretty.

Unfortunately, right now they have QBs who can't get the ball out quick enough under a shoddy OL. And then you have the bad defense that can't get off the field. Limits Calvin Johnson's production a lot. The fact that he's even producing is a testament to his unbelievable talent.

27. anlgp

The lions are beating the vikings at halftime :huh:

28. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Todd Bowles?

29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He is talented, he has not run an entire Defense as of yet, so he is green as grass.

And looking at the Lions, their offense has more talent then their defense, they may be better off taking an Offensive minded HC over a Defensive minded one.

Their Defense is so anonymous, I can't name a single player on that unit.

The guy who comes to mind for the Lions is...Marty S...

30. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I think they'll win this game. I hope they do, I'd rather not see a team go 0-16... I think Culpepper can be a good QB for this team, it's just that he went in on a Tuesday and by Sunday he was a starter. Not a lot of time to gel with your teammates and learn the system in a span of 5-6 days...

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Josh McDaniels.

32. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Maybe, if I were the Lions management though, enough with taking wild chances, and Bellichick has not exactly produced great fruit from his coaching tree...Weis, Crennel...

Marty S is the safer pick, and his style meshes better with the guys who will be there next season, Johnson, Smith, Furry..

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Very true.

34. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Did they win/are they still winning?

35. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    MIN 17 DET 16

it could still happen

36. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    i see jackson is in the game. what happened to Freorrote? did he get hurt or was he benched?

37. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    The Lions lost 20-16. they just might do it...

38. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think they WILL do it without a doubt. Unless week 17 starters are benched against them.

39. anlgp

I thought they were going to make a drive at the end there and then they FUBARED it big time.

40. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    They always find a way to lose. I've seen games they had a nice lead and completely blew it.