1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MERGED 10X: Ross gets his man

Discussion in '2011 GM League Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    After a chaotic month wich saw Dolphins owner Stephen Ross attempt to make a big "splash" for the Dolphins, Monday night he opened up his checkbook after boarding a flight to Columbus and signed the 2010 GM of the year Fin-O.

Reports are Ross was able to hold his head very high upon arriving home to South Florida with his expensive prize.The pair arrived in Davie around 7:00 AM this morning and took some questions at the facility.

"First let me say thank you all for coming, I look foward to all your questions and the chance to get this football team over the hump and into that next level"

-Fin-O what brought you to Miami? Afterall this is a team with QB issues, limited draft picks, and frankly no significant RB under contract. This is a good football team. Look at the final four teams in each conference and the Dolphins were a laughable call away from being 3-1 vs. those teams, and 2-0 against your AFC and NFC champions, this isnt a football team that needs to be rebuilded just reloaded.

-Fin-O are you sure it wasnt the fact that Ross made you the highest paid GM in NFL history? Next question.

-Fin-O are their obvious coachig changes going to be made on the offensive side of the ball? Well I just got here about an hour ago I havent had a chance to discuss anything about anyone outside of Mr Ross, what I can tell you is this offense is going to change its mentality, scoring Touchdowns should be the goal every time out offense takes the field.

-Fin-O you have two years experience as a GM in that tenure you have drastically improved your teams QB situation, in Carolina you sold Delhomme high and ended up with Eli Manning....In Cleveland you traded Brady Quinn the 1st day you were able to, traded Derek Anderson and added young Mark Sanchez...is it safe to say the Dolphins will finally get their wish and have a franchise QB by years end? Ya know thier is alot more to this than what the media, fans on message boards, etc. tend to understand...Mark Sanchez was surrounded by some amazing talent in Cleveland...a very strong OL playmaking WR's a HOF TE those are all factors that people sometimes overlook. Its my opinion you have 4 maybe 5 QB's in this league that will succeed anywhere in any system all the rest need a strong core around them to be succesfull, if Steve Young stays in Tampa Bay his whole career he isnt the HOF genuis he is now...you people seem to want to brand QB's great way to easily, replace Joe Montana with Dan Marino in the late 80's and you would know what I was talking about. A strong system and a strong supporting cast can make a 28th ranked passer into a top 10 passer with no problem....were not gonna get Manning, Brady, Vick, Rodgers and thir isnt one in the draft, so you do the math on how were going to approach this.

-Fin-O Lets talk about the AFC East, you have a legendary organization in the Pats and a team with a ton of talent that was one game from playing in the Super Bowl and not to mention these teams upgraded their GM's aswell and many people say this Dolphins team is in worse shape than the Bufalo Bills. All those teams have great new leaders and NE has set themselves up very well for the draft, but this football team will not look "up" to anyone, we will not concern ourselves with cheating, foot fetishes, or DC's with large mustaches....this is about the Miami Dolphins and our goal isnt to win the AFC East its to win the Super Bowl.

-Fin-O Is it true your relationship with Venus Williams played a role in you coming to Miami? None at all, me and Venus would be together regardless her role in the Predator still butters my muffin.

....No more questions.

Well there you have it folks it appears the Miami Dolphins finally have something to smile about.

Vengeful Odin, B.Sebo and alen1 like this.