1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Bills Release Langston Walker

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by PerfectTeam, Sep 8, 2009.

1. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Bills | Walker released
    Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:06:47 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills have released OT Langston Walker. The Bills tried to trade Walker but were unsuccessful.

Well, the Bills have done it again :lol:. They release their starting LT a week before the season begins. Now just waiting for T.O. to make Trent Edwards cry and the Bills season will be done.

SICK likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    wow lmao

3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Walker would make a nice backup ... he just turned 30, but he'd be a solid backup at a T position that has Rookie Andrew Garndner backing up Long and Carey currently.

And the fact that the Bills released him is hilarious.

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Oh my gosh. Simply stunning.

5. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    There more I hear the more I really think the Bills are going to implode this season.

6. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Like I said on Billszone:

8. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    The T.O. meltdown watch is officially on...lol

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Damn and that line was garbage to begin with, I'll be surprised if Trent makes it past week 8.

10. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I just don't understand how they view these moves as going in the right direction. If they knew what they were doing they'd get Dick Jauron out of there.

Is Marv Levy still head of player personnel?

11. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I'm pretty sure they already have. We all crap on Al Davis for the dumb moves he has made, but I think Ralph Wilson is right up there. He needs to think about turning over the everyday business to his kids or at least put someone competent in charge.

12. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    wow that Peters trade is looking better and better. I thought I was nervous going into week one, bills fans are probably in a state of panic right about now.

13. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    If Jauron was smart, he'd get himself out of there right now. Like before I finish typing this....

14. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

3 rookie starters on the OL now, including Demetrius Bell, a 7th Rounder, at LT.

15. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    The resigned Kirk Chambers today so do you think they put him at LT before Bell?

16. MrClean

According to that article, no.

17. MrClean

I would not get too excited about Van Pelt replacing Turk as the OC, like it will make them worse on offense or something. I have long felt that Van Pelt has the makeup to develop into a good OC in the NFL. He was a very cerebral backup QB who lasted in the league for ten yrs, and often seemed to hurt us when he came into games against us. He had a dumpy look, and average arm, but got the job done on guile and wits.

Not that I think Alex will magically uplift their O this season. I don't, just do not expect him calling plays to make it worse.

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm starting to doubt whether trent Edwards will have enough time to throw a pass to T.O.

19. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Bills | Owens not a big fan of no-huddle
    Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:32:51 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills WR Terrell Owens said he is not a fan of the no-huddle offense but is willing to play in the system. Owens said the no-huddle has been tiring him out since returning from injury.

And so it begins. Owens saying the no huddle is tiring him out. Well I'm sure Edwards not getting him the ball is going to tire him out as well.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    It's really not that big of a deal. He's just saying it tires him out.

21. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Yea but then when he is tired and not seeing the ball then what. All I'm saying things start off as not a big deal and then it just snowballs.

22. feldspar

feldspar Member

Jun 28, 2009
    With all due respect, you people don't really know what you are talking about in regards to the release of Langston Walker. The only stupid part about it was that they didn't at least keep him around as a backup. He was good in pass protection at RT.

As somebody else erroneously suggested, Demetrius Bell is NOT a rookie. He is a second year player, and the Bills really, really like his potential. He is the son of Karl Malone, the basketball player. His high school didn't have a football team, so Bell went to Northwestern on a basketball scholarship, which means he's extremely athletic and agile for a 305 pound 6'6" man. He's also powerful. He didn't play football at all until his third year in college. He started at DE, then switched to LT.

This guy has the potential to be special, and there has been hype surrounding him since he came to Buffalo. This ain't rocket science.

23. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    So if Bell was better than Walker, why wasn't he ahead of him in the preseason? If you have reservations about Walker but start to feel good about Bell, don't you think it would make sense to get him some playing time with the first team unit considering he is going to be starting next to a rookie. That's great Bell is Karl Malone's son but that doesn't really mean much for him. Bell could turn out to be good but it wouldn't surprise me to see Kirk Chambers starting week 2 or possibly even sooner.