1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Booker traded for a 4th to Eagles

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by wpgfishfan, Apr 26, 2008.

1. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    to Philly

2. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    wtf is that

3. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    Wow...I had hopes for him this year

4. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    What The Hell?? Why!?

5. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    me too

6. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    Sparano was just raving about this guy.. This makes no sense!

7. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    That's what i was about to say.

8. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

WTF? I am totally shocked about this one. But we do have a lot of backs on the roster.

9. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    Another great Cam Cameron move apparently

Eagles acquired RB Lorenzo Booker from the Dolphins in exchange for a fourth-round draft choice.

Booker gives Philadelphia a prospect for returns, and with a good camp, could earn his way into a minor role on offense. Correll Buckhalter is pretty well set as Brian Westbrook's backup, but still needs a good camp to have a guaranteed job. Tony Hunt, last year's third-rounder, may have to start worrying. Ryan Moats may as well have his suitcase packed.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
    MIKE likes this.
  10. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    I haven't seen that anywhere.

Please share the link (if there is one).

11. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i have seen 2 sites this was reported

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    uhm.............why?

13. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    WOW that is a bad move IMO

I thought he could of been a star for us in the future

14. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    Just posted the link...

15. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    alen1 likes this.
  16. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    It is shocking but actually that the Eagles would give us a 4th for him. He has a lot of potential but The Tuna needs to build HIS team and we do have plenty of depth at the RB position.

17. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    why would the eagles make this trade in the first place? he doesn't bring anything different from the table that westbrook brings.

18. phenomenalphin

phenomenalphin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 1, 2007
    South Florida
    We can't say it's a bad move yet until we see what we do with the pick.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That is the same exact thing I am trying to figure out.

20. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I said it on draftchat this morning... dunno why, but I guess it just occurred to me as we started picking more and more players that LoBook REALLY did not fit the mold of the type of offense this regime will run.

As I said in chat, I just don;t think the ol' smashmouth dinosaurs will know what to do with a guy like LoBook.

Apparentlly they preferred an extra pick to his playmaking ability.

I'm not too happy it was for a fourth, but -shrug- oh well.

Bpk

21. salmael

salmael Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    The only reason this makes sense to me is that the Trifecta figured he was such a bad fit for their scheme that Booker would be cut because he would end up at the bottom of our deep rb chart and they did'nt see him as a potential wide-out conversion. Yet still I think we should have gotten at least a 3rd, especially from Philly who will covet him as a successor to Westbrook....

22. CD13

CD13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Vestal, NY
    I don't think this is a bad trade, that guy did well...but no one was worried about him, and frankly no one was worried about ANYONE on Miami at that point of the season, I can easily see him regressing.

23. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

for that matter, it's a shame we couldn;t have traded him to the Ravens.

Then again, Cam never wanted to use him.

what the hell is it with LoBook that people just DO NOT want to use him????

Am i missing something? whenever i see him tyouch the ball, he's electric.

I hope the Eagles turn him into the next Westbrook. Thing is, he'll excel in a West coast Offense. Our system is bad for his type of player.

Bpk

24. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    with Buckalter and Westbrook being about as injury prone as any backs in the league, Booker could have a chance at PT there.

okay what am i missing? how are we so deep at RB, as everyone states?

our feature back is coming off a knee reconstruction. Ricky Williams got hurt immediately upon returning and is another drug test away from being gone again. Chatman is gone.

who am i misssing that makes up our depth?

25. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    Booker isn't in the cards for this team. I don't understand why people are so miffed, we got back a decent pick in return. So he cost a third, that's how the cookie crumbles.

26. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Funny he has no problem getting rid of a 4th for players that he coached for. But there is no problem in getting rid of a 3rd round pick who was a bright spot on this team for a 4th.

Horrible move.

27. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Not a horrible move just one you and many others disagree with.

28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Well this could be looked at as addition by subtraction.

We gave up a fourth for Akin Ayodele and Fasano, two likely starters.

We gave up a third string running back that has potential but we got a fourth.

So its Ayodele and Fasano basically for free while Booker is a loss but not too big of a one.

KingCrowder likes this.
  29. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Why is it so hard to believe that there is absolutely no loyalty to anyone from the old staff? This is a new group and they are going to build their team and he just didn't fit their plan, so kudos for getting something for him instead of just cutting him.

FinsPensFan likes this.
  30. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Alright then **** it lets trade every player we drafted last yera because this regime didn't draft them.

Lets use better logic to rationalize what they did so it makes sense.

Sorry I'm just ticked.

31. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I am not sure about this move....we now only have Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.......hope Parcells gets something good in the 4th.

32. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Aldridge from Houston?

texanphinatic likes this.
  33. CD13

CD13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Vestal, NY
    Come on guys Lorenzo Booker was not that good of a player. I know he brought us some excitement the last few games, but he is just a dump off pass RB...let's not act like we just traded a significant piece of our team. Believe me teams would start to defend that guy better than they did the last 4 games of last year.

alen1 likes this.
  34. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Obviously, Ginn fits their plans since they have made the vast improvements to Special Teams. Beck is still a questionmark they are intrigued with and not ready to cast off just yet. Satele is the anchor of the Oline and I trust their assessment since Sparano is an Oline guy. Unfortunately, Booker just didn't fit with what they want to do. Honestly I would have liked to see Ricky gone before Booker, but that's the way it goes. It might not make sense to anyone else, but it makes sense to me, and I'm glad we got something for him as opposed to just letting him walk. Besides, maybe we're looking at Smith from UCF, who knows?

35. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    We basically traded Booker for a LB and a TE both of whom may end up starting-not bad for a third down back. Granted, I thought Bookers speed was a great thing to have, but obviously the regime didnt consider him to be a guy that brought much else to the table.

That said, Id look for us to get a speedy special teamer or two on the second day. Alen1 I love AA, hes a good player, IMO hes been as productive (if not moreso) than Donnie Jones, and hes also got some wheels. Would be a nice pickup somewhere.

Still, 1 OL only leads me to think we will draft at least one more big body there, and I gotta think some more defense will come our way. Heres hoping to a great day 2.

36. 209Mason

209Mason New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Middle America
    S. Slaton might just be there in the 4th. C. Washington from USC should be around in the 6th... I think we'll be able to find a good replacement for LoBo... just sad because I thought he was pure adrenaline when he was on the field.

37. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    This is horrible logic. Just because a guy was picked higher than he should've been doens't mean that we made a bad deal by getting 4th rounder for him. We drafted Eddie Moore in the third round...who wouldn't have wanted a 4th rounder for him?

alen1 likes this.
  38. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    I don't know whether to :sidelol: or :cry: from this post. Message board experts complaining about a move that hasn't even been completed. Who knows who this pick will allow us to take? What if our next "Zach Thomas" is with this pick? Will it still have been horrible?

Let this thing play out before we go all postal.

39. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Now I'm definitely :sidelol: This is absurdity. We have some players from last year. Ginn, Beck, Solai, and right now Mauia.

But we've also made much progress on our roster. Wilford, Starks, Ferguson, Fasano, Ayodele, Long, Merling, and Henne.

The logic is very simple. The coaches felt like a fourth round pick was more valuable to this team than Lorenzo Booker. Bottom line.

They may be wrong or right. But this decision will be judged as part of a whole revamping of our team. Hopefully it works out.

But to get all bent out of shape by a guy that barely contributed last year is just silly.

40. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Oh yeah because a RB who hasn't completed a full NFL season and another RB that has been in trouble with the league is the best way to go about. Please tell me what we do when Ronnie Brown goes down and Ricky gets hurt or gets in trouble?

He was a perfect compliment to Ronnie Brown. You have a big back in Brown who will pound up the middle and then you have a scat back that can make people miss and was a great safety blanket for Beck.