1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Dolphins Moses, Anderson want Taylor to return

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TotoreMexico, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I really like that I am continually hearing about how the coaches are developing players. And not just as a 'goal' the staff states... because every staff says they want to develop players, but ours is actually doing it, accorg to the players themselves. We are hearing from many different players about how they are learning, improving and developing.

I also like that this staff feels confident enough in its football knowledge to move players to other positions if they see the ability there to make a transition. You have to understand football, each positions' skills and criteria, and what players can and cannot do in order to attempt that.

Half of this game may be talent acquisition, but the other half is maximizing the talent of the players you have.

Bpk

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
    alen1 likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree bro.

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    "I learned more from Jason last year in the little bit I played behind him than I learned the whole time I've been playing the position," Moses said. "And I'm talking college and high school. He's such a mentor, tries to help people get better. And I never had to ask."

Taylor's prolonged absence from the Dolphins' offseason work increases Moses' chances of making the 53-man roster, he would prefer to see the six-time Pro Bowl selection return as soon as possible. And he's not alone.

"It makes a big difference learning from someone who kind of knows the game, or a coach who might have played the game, and learning from one of the greatest to ever do it and is still doing it," said Moses, who had eight tackles and 1 1/2 sacks playing behind Taylor for the final eight games last season.

"Just technique-wise, it's the little secrets, like what to expect from a tackle, and the keys to go off," Moses said.

"He gives you little things to help you cheat, and that makes you become a better player. At least it did for me."

Charlie Anderson, who is filling in for Taylor while the 11-year veteran skips the offseason program, was also hoping to work under Taylor.

"I'm excited about my situation, but if Jason Taylor comes back that'll be a great opportunity to play with a legendary player," said Anderson, whose three sacks are a far cry from the 117 Taylor has amassed.

"He is going to be in the Hall of Fame one day, and I'd love to learn from that. I hope he does come back."

If nothing else, I hope JT comes back to show Moses, Anderson and guys like J Long a few things. At this point, him coming back to camp would be more of a sign of good faith than making a realistic playoff run. JT you can golf in MIA, bring your *** home.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Thats why JT needs to be in camp.....he probably doesnt even realize how much he helps, and what he actually does for his teammates!

alen1 likes this.
  5. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Jason would have been at camp today... apparently, he didn't have any graduations, legal issues, golf tournaments, dancing competitions, or Hollywood auditions on his schedule. But, when he showed up, everyone was on vacation! Dang! Talk about bad timing!!

Come on, guys... don't get mad... I'm only kidding. :wink2: