Merged: Hagan getting rave reviews

45 replies

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Jul 30, 2008, 03:37 PM

So can someone explain, that in the entire timeframe since we have had Hagan, what the heck our receiving coaches were paid to do??

Come on, its takes a VP of Football Operations to show this guy how to hold his hands to properly catch the ball???

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Roman529Roman529New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 03:48 PM

Hagan rarely made any drops when he was at ASU ...he still has most of the Pac-10 records for receiving. If Hagan and Ginn can step up, along with Ricky and Ronnie running it, we will have a sick offense.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2008, 03:49 PM

"Roman529 wrote:

Hagan rarely made any drops when he was at ASU ...he still has most of the Pac-10 records for receiving. If Hagan and Ginn can step up, along with Ricky and Ronnie running it, we will have a sick offense.

there a reason his stock dropped in his senior year..

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2008, 03:52 PM

"FinSane wrote:

there a reason his stock dropped in his senior year..

his stock dropped after his senior year was over.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 03:53 PM

"FinSane wrote:

there a reason his stock dropped in his senior year..

Stupid Senior Bowl.

"Roman529 wrote:

Hagan rarely made any drops when he was at ASU ...he still has most of the Pac-10 records for receiving. If Hagan and Ginn can step up, along with Ricky and Ronnie running it, we will have a sick offense.

I loved him at ASU.

mullinganmullinganForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2008, 03:53 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

So can someone explain, that in the entire timeframe since we have had Hagan, what the heck our receiving coaches were paid to do??

Come on, its takes a VP of Football Operations to show this guy how to hold his hands to properly catch the ball???

Well its relatively apparent that the previous staff did not coach or prepare our players very well. It was evident in the injuries we accumulated which, IMO, was due to the slack type atmosphere around camp. It was evident watching an unprepared Rookie start games. It was evident watching a top ranked defense fold late in games.

Now we have Coaches. Things are looking up in Miami!!

Eternal Optimist. I thank God for the good things in my life. My wife, My Family, and the Miami Dolphins:up:


ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 03:56 PM

You would think this guy can figure out on his own on how to make a diamond with his hands to catch the football. This all started in the Senior Bowl and dragged on. The guy can get open, he just had trouble hanging on to the ball. Hopefully, this has been corrected as I feel he can be one of our best receivers, if not the best.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2008, 03:59 PM

"alen1 wrote:

You would think this guy can figure out on his own on how to make a diamond with his hands to catch the football. This all started in the Senior Bowl and dragged on. The guy can get open, he just had trouble hanging on to the ball. Hopefully, this has been corrected as I feel he can be one of our best receivers, if not the best.

D'oh!

ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:03 PM

"FinSane wrote:

D'oh!

Yes, he dropped it. Like I said, if he gets it corrected, he can become our best receiver.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:03 PM

"mullingan wrote:

Well its relatively apparent that the previous staff did not coach or prepare our players very well. It was evident in the injuries we accumulated which, IMO, was due to the slack type atmosphere around camp. It was evident watching an unprepared Rookie start games. It was evident watching a top ranked defense fold late in games.

Now we have Coaches. Things are looking up in Miami!!

Yet, its our VP of Football Operations and not a COACH that is getting the praise for solving his problems.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:04 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

Yet, its our VP of Football Operations and not a COACH that is getting the praise for solving his problems.

Our coach has something to do with it as well, I'm sure. The only reason he's probably not getting the praise by the media is because his name is Tony Sparano and not Bill Parcells. Don't forget our WR coach as well.

mullinganmullinganForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2008, 04:08 PM

Agreed. No matter what the other coaches do, Bill Parcells, just being around, will get credit for alot of things that, he may have a hand in, are done by the coaching staff itself. This staff is a team in and of itself but Bill is the leader and will ge the credit, good or bad, for the product we place on the field.

Eternal Optimist. I thank God for the good things in my life. My wife, My Family, and the Miami Dolphins:up:


BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:10 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Our coach has something to do with it as well, I'm sure. The only reason he's probably not getting the praise by the media is because his name is Tony Sparano and not Bill Parcells. Don't forget our WR coach as well.

"mullingan wrote:

Agreed. No matter what the other coaches do, Bill Parcells, just being around, will get credit for alot of things that, he may have a hand in, are done by the coaching staff itself. This staff is a team in and of itself but Bill is the leader and will ge the credit, good or bad, for the product we place on the field.

Well, this isnt the Media, this is Hagan and his own words about Parcells (NOT OUR POSITION COACHES) saying this:

''It's working -- what he (Parcells) taught me to do is perfect, and I'm back on my game,'' Hagan said. "It's great to have him (Parcells) around because he's (Parcells) always giving me pointers.''

Cant spin it any other way.....Listen, I am glad he is improved or found something....I dont care that its Parcells showing him. I simply ask, what the heck our Coaches are doing or not doing is all.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:25 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

Well, this isnt the Media, this is Hagan and his own words about Parcells (NOT OUR POSITION COACHES) saying this:

''It's working -- what he (Parcells) taught me to do is perfect, and I'm back on my game,'' Hagan said. "It's great to have him (Parcells) around because he's (Parcells) always giving me pointers.''

Cant spin it any other way.....Listen, I am glad he is improved or found something....I dont care that its Parcells showing him. I simply ask, what the heck our Coaches are doing or not doing is all.

Correct but if you read the article, it will show you that the article is all about Parcell's contributing on the field. If Hagan was asked about Sparano helping him out, I have no doubt that he could say similar things.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:31 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Correct but if you read the article, it will show you that the article is all about Parcell's contributing on the field. If Hagan was asked about Sparano helping him out, I have no doubt that he could say similar things.

My main point was.....our past coaches and how not one of them could help this dude....and their lack of coaching skills it seems....not about the new crop!

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:36 PM

i hope he has a big year

ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 04:41 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

My main point was.....our past coaches and how not one of them could help this dude....and their lack of coaching skills it seems....not about the new crop!

Lol, I agree that they lacked coaching skills or just didn't notice this problem.

If you look at our past two coaches, Cam and Satan, they never had NFL experience as a HC. Neither does Sparano but he has someone to 'show him the ropes' in Parcells. Those previous HC's didn't and that may have contributed to their failure. I'm not saying that the lack of a mentor in our previous HC's should have any factor in them teaching our players skills but it may have contributed to their failure as a Head Coach. Despite that failure, they should have noticed the problems that our players were having and should have been able to correct them. Unfortunately, they didn't.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2008, 04:59 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

So can someone explain, that in the entire timeframe since we have had Hagan, what the heck our receiving coaches were paid to do??

Come on, its takes a VP of Football Operations to show this guy how to hold his hands to properly catch the ball???

People learn in different ways. It's possible that he has been told the same thing over and over but there was just something in the way that Parcells phrased it that made it click with him.

ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 05:06 PM

One other note on Hagan is that this is his third year. Receivers tend break out in their third years or have a incredible sophomore year which Hagan didn't have so it is his time. I expect a lot from him this year. If he fails to contribute more than previous years, I'll be disappointed.

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Jul 30, 2008, 08:25 PM

Well, I know we have to see it on the field before we can too excited about Hagan's progress, but this is a do-or-die season for the young man... At any rate, this is nice news to hear...but....if Hagan is improving so well and the younger receivers are also doing so well..why the rumors that Glenn will be joining the team ??? I know that Glenn adds to the overall team in several ways, but what is Tunaland saying with the Glenn infatuation ?? Afterall, if Glenn joins the team, who stands to get less work other than Hagan ??

ALalen1New Member
Jul 30, 2008, 08:34 PM

"Larryfinfan wrote:

Well, I know we have to see it on the field before we can too excited about Hagan's progress, but this is a do-or-die season for the young man... At any rate, this is nice news to hear...but....if Hagan is improving so well and the younger receivers are also doing so well..why the rumors that Glenn will be joining the team ??? I know that Glenn adds to the overall team in several ways, but what is Tunaland saying with the Glenn infatuation ?? Afterall, if Glenn joins the team, who stands to get less work other than Hagan ??

As I stated in another thread about Glenn, I have those same worries despite me liking the possible acquisition. If Hagan and Bess impress, why bring in Glenn? That would put them possibly fourth and fifth on the depth chart. Do we really want to see them two that far down on the depth chart and that little on the field? I want to see them on the field. I think Bess has dropped one ball this TC.