Merged: Hagan getting rave reviews

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jul 30, 2008.

1. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    i hope he has a big year

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, I agree that they lacked coaching skills or just didn't notice this problem.

If you look at our past two coaches, Cam and Satan, they never had NFL experience as a HC. Neither does Sparano but he has someone to 'show him the ropes' in Parcells. Those previous HC's didn't and that may have contributed to their failure. I'm not saying that the lack of a mentor in our previous HC's should have any factor in them teaching our players skills but it may have contributed to their failure as a Head Coach. Despite that failure, they should have noticed the problems that our players were having and should have been able to correct them. Unfortunately, they didn't.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    People learn in different ways. It's possible that he has been told the same thing over and over but there was just something in the way that Parcells phrased it that made it click with him.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One other note on Hagan is that this is his third year. Receivers tend break out in their third years or have a incredible sophomore year which Hagan didn't have so it is his time. I expect a lot from him this year. If he fails to contribute more than previous years, I'll be disappointed.

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I know we have to see it on the field before we can too excited about Hagan's progress, but this is a do-or-die season for the young man... At any rate, this is nice news to hear...but....if Hagan is improving so well and the younger receivers are also doing so well..why the rumors that Glenn will be joining the team ??? I know that Glenn adds to the overall team in several ways, but what is Tunaland saying with the Glenn infatuation ?? Afterall, if Glenn joins the team, who stands to get less work other than Hagan ??

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    As I stated in another thread about Glenn, I have those same worries despite me liking the possible acquisition. If Hagan and Bess impress, why bring in Glenn? That would put them possibly fourth and fifth on the depth chart. Do we really want to see them two that far down on the depth chart and that little on the field? I want to see them on the field. I think Bess has dropped one ball this TC.