1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Incredible Hulk (w/ movie trailer)

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

The Incredible Hulk New In-Theater FirstLook!
    Source: National CineMedia April 5, 2008

National CineMedia has revealed online its latest in-theater FirstLook presentation, which this time is on Universal Pictures and Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk, opening in theaters on June 13. Directed by Louis Leterrier, the action-thriller stars Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, Tim Blake Nelson, Ty Burrell and William Hurt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3VRf36_EsI

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43706

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  2. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I'm looking forward to this one. I like Edward Norton. He's a good actor.

3. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    OMG its gonna be so much better than that Ang Lee piece of ****....

Phinperor and FinsPensFan like this.
  4. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I agree, the other Hulk movie with Bana was a steaming pile. I'm actually looking forward to this one. :up:

5. finattic79

finattic79 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    Yeah the first wasn't good at all, looking forward to seeing this one. Seems like alot more action this time around as well.

6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Looking forward to this much more than the first one, I'm glad they basically made this one as if the first one never happened. I wish I could unsee the first one that movie was just god awful.

7. ILPhinFan88

The poster....

[​IMG]

finswin56 and alen1 like this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Looks awesome.

Sorry to go offtopic but does anyone know what happen to HULKFish from the other site?

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You think Eric Bana heard about this and was like "Seriously?! WTF!"

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Haven't seen him around since the site crashed.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah same here. The guy did some great work and he was a good person. Wherever he is, wish him the best.

12. ILPhinFan88

Presumably you've heard about the rumors that Marvel Studios and The Incredible Hulk star Edward Norton were in a 'dispute' over the final cut of the movie. Now, Entertainment Weekly has published an in-depth article about the 'situation,' which pretty much comes down to this:

According to Leterrier, he and his star hit it off beautifully, and there were no issues with Marvel while the movie was being shot. During post-production, though, the relationship with Marvel hit a snag. The company wanted to release the most commercial film possible: lots of action and a running time under two hours. Norton and Leterrier, however, lobbied for a more meditative cut of the film that ran about two hours and 15 minutes.

It's all apparently been blown out of proportion though. Here's a statement from Norton that was also approved by Universal and Marvel:

Like so many people I've loved the story of The Hulk since I was a kid, so it was thrilling when Marvel asked me to write and help produce an altogether new screen incarnation, as well as play Bruce Banner. I grew up reading Marvel Comics and always loved the mythic dimension and contemporary themes in the stories, and I’m proud of the script I wrote. In every phase of production, including the editing, working with Louis Leterrier has been wonderful...I've never had a better partner, and the collaboration with all the rest of the creative team has been terrific. Every good movie gets forged through collaboration, and different ideas among people who are all committed and respect the validity of each other's opinions is the heart of filmmaking. Regrettably, our healthy process, which is and should be a private matter, was misrepresented publicly as a 'dispute,' seized on by people looking for a good story, and has been distorted to such a degree that it risks distracting from the film itself, which Marvel, Universal and I refuse to let happen. It has always been my firm conviction that films should speak for themselves and that knowing too much about how they are made diminishes the magic of watching them. All of us believe The Incredible Hulk will excite old fans and create new ones and be a huge hit...our focus has always been to deliver the Hulk that people have been waiting for and keep the worldwide love affair with the big green guy going strong.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44149

His'nBeatYour'n, opfinistic and alen1 like this.
  13. ILPhinFan88

Hulk Sets Up Avengers

Gale Anne Hurd and Kevin Feige, producers of the upcoming reboot of The Incredible Hulk, told SCI FI Wire that elements in the film lay the clear groundwork for a film adaptation of Marvel's character crossover saga The Avengers.

"It's nice to be able to let things evolve, and we set things up with this film," Hurd said in an interview last week at New York Comic Con. "We have Tim Blake Nelson playing Dr. Samuel Sterns, and anyone who is a fan of the comic books knows that Samuel Sterns turns into the Leader, so there is an opportunity to explore that. It's in this film, but for people who aren't aware of that, it's not confusing."

At The Incredible Hulk panel at New York Comic Con, the filmmakers also confirmed rumors that Robert Downey Jr., who stars in Marvel's Iron Man, may appear in Hulk; they showed a scene between William Hurt's Gen. Ross and Downey's Tony Stark at a bar.

With the announcement in 2005 that Marvel Studios would produce their own films based on their comic-book properties, it opened up the door for Marvel character crossovers, which is the premise of The Avengers. "I can definitely say that part of the fun of doing all these characters in-house now, the ones we have the rights to, is all about being able to bring something that has never been on screen before, which is the Marvel Universe, " Feige said. "Any comic book reader knows that you can flip through any given issue of a comic and not know who to expect popping into a panel. That's part of the fun of what Stan [Lee] and Jack [Kirby] did so many years ago, by intertwining these characters. We haven't had that ability until now."

Marvel Studios currently has Zak Penn attached as the writer for The Avengers, which is slated for a 2010

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=52790

14. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Edward Norton sounds like the perfect guy to cast as Bruce Banner, I'm really looking forward to this film. The last one isn't even worth watching on HBO, it was total garbage. I think the give and take with the members of the production team is a plus for the film, the first one would have been a lot better if someone had been telling Lee to cut the garbage out and do the movie right.

15. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Hopefully this summer sees a return to glory for the Marvel movies that are coming out. Iron Man looks good, and Hulk looks good as well. I've been pretty disappointed with X-Men 3 and Spider-man 3, so let's hope these two films break that trend.

16. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

finswin56 and DonShula84 like this.
  17. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Yea I didn't like those last two either. I'm looking forward to the Iron Man movie, its looking good so is this new Hulk movie. Norton looks like a great Bruce Banner.

18. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I'm not completely sold on this movie yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  19. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
  20. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Better than the previous one, probably. Will it be great, I dunno. Maybe it's because of American History X, but Norton just doesn't strike me as an emotionally withdrawn in a nerdy and shy sense.

21. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    OK, so here's the lowdown... This movie is officially my obsession! Its gonna blow away the first movie, which I liked but thought they did many things wrong. This one's for the fans, they corrected many of the things that were screwed up by mister "Broke Back Mountain" Ang Lee.

1. HULK stays the same size instead of getting rediculously 15' he stays 9' throughout.
    2. HULK stays 1 color, an olive green which looks MUCH better then neon
    3. He's ripped instead of chubby
    4. HULK looks monstery instead of a strangely pretty boy face

Edward Norton takes on the fitting role of awkward Bruce Banner instead of 6'4" Eric Bana. Liv Tyler takes the dubious role of Betty with William Hurt taking on General Ross. Finally, they add Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky/Abomination...

The Incredible HULK is gonna be the greatest movie of all TIME!!! (Guess I'm a little amped) If anyone is serious about wanting to talk about it you can go to Superherohype.com/forums and go to the HULK forum or HULKMovie.com! I'm still HULKFish on either site and do other digital work there.

Thanks guys, I'll try to do some work in some way on here soon... HF

Oh and almost forgot the most important part, THIS ONE'S GONNA BE AN ACTION MOVIE!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  22. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
  23. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    looks better than the first one... which was a shame, because Eric Bana deserved more to work with.

24. ILPhinFan88

Nice to see you around HULK :D

25. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Ever see "Death to Smoochy"?

I was one of the few people that actually kind of liked the Ang Lee film. Sure, the Hulk CGI was a little awkward, but I really liked the way he shot the film in general.

That said, I'm sure this one will easily outshine it.

26. ILPhinFan88

I love the "is that all you got" then he gets a big green foot to the gut. :lol:

[​IMG]

27. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Heard of it, never really saw it outside of trailers and TV spots. Even then, in what I've seen so far in the trailers, Norton isn't exactly portraying something of that stature IMO.

28. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Actually, Norton's character in "Smoochy" starts out as a very mild-mannered, nice guy, so it's a good analog.

Dude's just a fantastic actor.

29. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Remains to be seen whether he'd do the same in the actual movie. So far judging by the trailers, doesn't really look that way.

30. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    well in case you guys didn't know, he also rewrote a majority of the script, which he was credited for (Edward Harrison), and is an avid HULK fan. He also turned down the first movie because he didn't like the direction Ang Lee was taking. There are a LOT of angles that were re-worked for this one...

Here's a couple things I've done and posted elsewhere...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

31. ILPhinFan88

Can this be what we think it is? Is that a scientist holding the super-soldier serum that was developed by the U.S. Government during World War II that eventually lead to the creation of Captain America?

That’s what we hear. Together with the news that Cap’s shield makes an appearance in Iron Man, it would seem that Tony Stark popping up briefly in The Incredible Hulk isn’t the talk of the town anymore.

Marvel’s building up to Cap, and we know how it’s mentioned in Hulk.

We know that Emil Blonsky turns into the Abomination to face off against Hulk in the new film, but according to sources:

Apparently in the film, William Hurt’s General Thunderbolt Ross tells Tim Roth’s Emil Blonsky about a weapons program initiated during World War II to create a “super soldier” before giving him the injection.

Look at this! Multiple films with multiple directors working under a single umbrella universe! We love it!

[​IMG]

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/05/12/new-hulk-still-hints-at-cap/

Brown42000 and vmarcilfan75 like this.
  32. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    is that container he has for the Hulk or for Cap??
    Or just the conversation has to do with Captain America?

33. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
  34. ILPhinFan88

The Hollywood Reporter says NBC will air a special "Incredible Hulk"-themed episode of "American Gladiators" with guest star Lou Ferrigno sharing the arena with host Hulk Hogan.

The "Gladiators" episode will include a hulked-out Gladiator Arena and an exclusive 60-second preview from the June 13 release The Incredible Hulk.

The "Hulk"-themed "Gladiators" episode airs June 9.

About 1,000 pairs of Hulk Hands will be given to audience members to wear throughout the episode, and some also will wear Hulk masks. Gladiators will likewise use Hulk Hands while competing in the Gauntlet.

And just about everything will be green!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7244

35. ILPhinFan88

36. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    NEW CLIP ROCKS!!! I can't wait...

37. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL