Merged:Is Chad Henne's job in trouble?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    We were winning without the special teams errors. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can try and spin it like we couldn't have won with Henne at QB without those errors. We won 2 games earlier in the year without ST errors.

And I like how you still want to pin that 3rd INT on Henne.

You say he went downhill fast, yet I provided ample evidence that he was moving the team after halftime. But no, he was playing pretty bad at that point. :rollseyes: Of course you don't comment on anything factual, you just don't think Henne is the answer so you want to drag him through the muck.

2. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I sat at the bar yesterday and watched nearly every game simultaneously.

One thing I can say to the clueless people around here is that Brees, Romo, and possibly Peyton had worse games than Henne did against NE....... Brees and Romo were by FAR worse. I watched Manning throw an INT directly into the hands of a dropping LB. Imagine that of all things!!! Holy cow..... stop the freakin presses!! Bring in the backup!!

People need to STFU about ALL this incessant Henne whining. All that you guys (not you Stitch) are accomplishing is displaying greater and greater ignorance with each ridiculous post you make.

This Miami team isn't "Marino ball" where the entire team revolves around 1 person. This Dolphin team revolves around TEAM. We win as a team; we lose as a team...... and Henne did absolutely NOTHING to cause us to lose the last game. QBs throw INTs, people. And guess what?!----- Teams STILL actually win when QBs throw them, but it's pretty friggin hard for ANY team to win after their Special Teams play puts them 21 points in the hole!!

Please stop the QB references b/c it's only making you guys look foolish..... or watch some other games so you can see how QBs ACTUALLY perform.

3. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Case in point: San Diego Chargers yesterday

Philip Rivers had one of his best games statistically (0 INTs) and the Chargers still lost. Why?.....because ST put them 12 points in the hole early on against the Raiders!!!!! Imagine if SD was put 21 points in the hole by NE. It would've been the same type of blowout Miami suffered

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    To build further on this point. Eli Manning threw 2 horrific INTs yesterday of HORRIBLE judgment.

But the general population thinks Eli had a magnificent game only because their defense destroyed Houston and their other playmakers made plays when they needed to.

Our Defense or ST didn't bail us out against the Jets. They were both horrific
    Our Defense or ST didn't bail us out against NE. ST was horrific.

Both losses were TEAM loses. Neither was on Henne or any offensive player by a longshot.

hugoguzman and ToddsPhins like this.
  5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Eh I wouldn't say the loss wasn't partially on Henne. Having said that the "He sucks" because of that game mentality is pre mature IMO.

6. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Hey! I've been one of the bigger Henne supporters here! Along with you guys. :up:

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Because it IS on Henne. It was a stupid throw. The S was right over the top of the drag route. At best it's a one yard gain if Marshall doesn't stop. Marshall did stop because he realized it was dumb to run right into the defender. Marshall made the read, Henne didn't. It is a pass that never should of been thrown. His two previous INT were terrible passes too.

Punt
    TD
    FG ATT (53 yards, no gimme)
    T.O.D.
    INT

That is Henne's 2nd half. You really think he was capable of winning this game with the way he played throughout? If so, you're just being a Henne apologist. He had iffy footwork, short hopped a few passes, threw dumb int, etc... Those are facts. He played one of the worst defenses in the NFL and **** the bed.

8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Here we go with this apologist bull **** again. Because I defend someone against what I feel is a poor/misguided argument, I'm an apologist. Wake me up when you freaking grow up.

And yes, if not for ST miscues I have no doubt Henne was capable of winning the game (not that we surely would have). The first 2 ints and the short hopped passes happened in the first half (his worst offenses), and we left halftime with the lead.

9. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Is that the Ted Ginn or his butthead son Jr?

10. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    LOL. Apologist. The typical name given from someone who can't make a real argument. How about you're just a hater?

11. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    His issues largely lie in a problem that plagues many young QBs: locking on to one receiver. BB took full advantage and placed more personnel underneath in coverage at the expense of a pass rush. BB begged Henne to beat him and Henne unfortunately locked too much onto receivers, which led to the INTs. He can correct this with time by scanning the field, we should start to worry next year...so far so good imo.

12. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    And I for one completely appreciate it, Rocky. :knucks:

The last thing we need (or Henne needs) is a bunch of ignorant cliff jumpers inciting riots calling for Chad's head and destroying his psyche when he's one of the top QBs drafted over the past 6 seasons.

How clueless people are regarding QB develop absolutely dumbfounds me. I think i'd be less disturbed if I woke up tomorrow with a tattoo of "Insert Brady Here" above my rectum. Just sayin. And, no, that would not be fun for me....... no matter where he took me to dinner first.

13. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    And he played one of the best defenses in the NFL (the jets) and lit them up.

Colorado Dolfan and ToddsPhins like this.
  14. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Cmon now...... you might as well slip a white hood over your face with mumbo jumbo like this. Do you even understand how the dynamics of an offense changes when it's forced to make up for 21 points worth of Special Teams booboos? Seriously now. Just b/c a QB has a few bad passes doesn't mean he's doomed for the rest of the game. Your comments make it seem like you watch very little football outside of Miami games.

And yes..... Henne was capable of winning THIS game if not for the ST play. You know how I know that? B/c he freaking came from behind to beat Brady & the Patsies last season..... something that Penny has only done once in the past 8 years. That's how. :wink2:

Chad has one of the most talented passing arms to be drafted during the past 6 years. For that to be incomprehensible is almost on the verge of laughable.

Pariah likes this.
  15. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    And what is funny is every analyst I have heard, (including Gruden, and Jaws who are more than qualified experts), has said the 3rd INT was B.M.'s fault, yet Kent blames Henne.

There are posters who have educated criticisms of Henne and I respect that, then there are posters who have continuously bashed him without any real rhyme or reason, just spitting weak rhetoric attacking him.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  16. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :knucks: I think it was one of respectable Jets fans who nailed it: that there are some people who have never liked the Henne pick from the get-go and use a few bad passes here and there as a means to postulate an irrational argument against the guy, despite the fact that people who actually watch a lot of football realize all QBs are human and make poor throws from time to time, especially YOUNG ones in their developmental stages.

Pariah likes this.
  17. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    well if u say so, i'll just go tell marshall & my unknowledgeable eyes they r liars cause you said so

18. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    It's an interesting play. Brandon Marshall actually reads the coverage quite beautifully. He sees that Chung is all over the drag and adjusts by faking the route and standing put. If Henne reads it the same way, this is a huge gain because there's 20 yards of open field at least behind Marshall. Alas, Henne doesn't read it the same way. I certainly wouldn't blame Marshall for what is actually a very, very good read and reaction.

As for Henne, you have to see that the play isn't there. Even if Marshall does run it as intented, the play isn't there. But it's tough to blame a young QB throwing an INT when down by a mile in the 4th quarter. But if you absolutely have to put blame around, then Henne shares his fail deal. I just don't think it's a meaningful interception either way. An interesting play, though.

19. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I don't get the "Henning is struggling" thing. He's had one bad game this season.

20. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    We will have to agree to disagree, as I see it different.

I believe it was a bad decision by Marshall. I can see why he made the decision, as you point out, but I still don't think it was the right one to make.

There are very few QB/WR tandems that can pull of read and reacts like that, Manning/Wayne being one. But it takes a lot of time and built up chemistry to get something like that right.

21. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    yup, and even the great combos miss on those reads sometimes. See the pick-6 in the superbowl.

22. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    That's Brandon Marshall. He did it in Denver, too. It's quite simply engrained in his play. He'll make a read and he'll adjust to it. If the QB isn't on the same page with him in regard to this read (and Henne made a bad one in this case) then we're in for some more pick 6's in the course of the season.

Like I said, Henne has to see that the play just isn't there. Marshall gives him a shot to make a play. He doesn't have to see Marshall on the adjustment - I agree, that takes a certain level of chemistry - but he absolutely has to check that route down and go through the rest of his progressions. This one could have easily been a pick 6 even if Marshall runs the route or an incompletion at best. Chung was all over it.

23. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    You are definitely in the minority on this one bro, almost everyone I know, everything I have heard/read, and my own analysis points out a bad decision by Marshall.

24. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    I don't particularly mind being in the minority. It's usually a poor indicator of being right or wrong.

However, maybe someone in the majority can tell me based on the tape how it's a good idea to make a throw when the defender not only has the play covered but is in alltogether better position to make it.

25. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJaetD9Tvm0"]YouTube - Patriots vs Dolphins 2010 MNF highlights[/ame]

Bro, pause it during the play at the 3:27 mark. You can clearly see Henne in the motion of throwing, and Marshall stops short. IN that instance, Marshall is in front of Chung, and crossing over the middle with pretty good position to make a play if he doesn't stop short in the middle of a route.

From everything I know, and all my experience with the game of football, it is pretty well known that it is a bad decision for a WR to stop short in a route AS the QB is throwing.

26. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks for the vid. If Marshall kept going he might still be running :)

He even admitted it was his fault...if Marshall kept going across the field, then Chung would've been in a trail position the whole time.

That kind of stuff will get worked out the more time he and Henne get with each other.

Pariah likes this.
  27. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    We have the talent, and there is a lot of room for growth, I agree that these little kinks we are seeing can and should be worked out as we move ahead. Hopefully it starts on Sunday.

28. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    No, thanks. I have it in HD and with much better camera angles right here on my PC. And on one of those you can easily see how Chung's sitting there, reading Henne all the way, waiting to jump the drag.

29. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Like I said from the start, we will have to agree to disagree.

30. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    LOL! Like HD or any other angle makes the play any different that the youtube vid. I don't need to stick a camera up Jessica Alba's butt to tell you she's beautiful. (It would be fun though! :tongue2: )

Chung was waiting for Marshall to come across. Marshall was in front and Henne reads that Marhshall will be open as he comes across. Marshall knows that if Henne throws sooner he has an open field so he stops and waits. Henne read the play correctly, it's just that Marshall has more experience and read the play better and stopped. In effect, neither was really 'wrong'. It was just one of those things that happens when you get a rookie QB and a verteran WR playing in only their 4th game together. They aren't totally on the same page.

SICK likes this.
  31. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    is there a quarterback controversy on the horizon?

is there a quarterback controversy on the horizon?
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/
    getting ready to start Pennington as a possible bridge to Thigpen?
    the Big Tuna has apparently been sounding off... :omg:

32. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    no.

33. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ToddsPhins likes this.
  34. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :crapstrom:

35. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    has Parcells become a distraction or the salvation for the team?
    the guy knows football & obviously, he' not happy with Henne.
    it is what it is & I told you so :yes: game four was the crucible...

36. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    So what are you trying to say Greg?
    Don't just say it, wave your magic ban-hammer and make it true. :lol:

ToddsPhins, NJFINSFAN1 and Stitches like this.
  37. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    going to be a lot of flack flying around on this one. will Pennington get the start in game five or will have to wait until game six?
    once the Tuna speaks, it's just a matter of time before things are acted on...
    Pennington gives us the best chance to win
    :deadhorse:& if you don't play to win, you play to lose

38. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    see this frustrates me, u would think a sbb winning coach and a qb who played in sb would see what u see.

why is it we cannot accept that we may not have the answer?

2 make a read and adj route, the qb and wr need to have discussed and practiced it so the qb knows whatt wr gonna do,, ie stop, do skinny post, hook n go, square in etc. so unless it was a read and n go route, then marshall was wrong because he acted alone

39. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    n whenit doesnt happen will u go away?

BlameItOnTheHenne and mor911 like this.
  40. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Is that link in reference to your comment? I'm not understanding where you're thinking Pennington is coming in from? I just see a headline article about Parcells being a distraction...

Edit: Ahhh I see now: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-bill-parcells-1012-20101011,0,6641925.column

Another report from Mortensen...

Last I checked, Parcells was a Consultant, and Ireland was in charge 100% of the team. So... Mortensen said that Parcells said that My Grandma told him that Ireland's sister's gardener overheard from Ireland that they are going to put Pennington in as a bridge to Thigpen...

Offhand accounts from someone not in charge is one things. Offhand accounts from someone who heard something from someone who is not in charge is another.

Not meant as a shot at you 23, I'm just getting really annoyed with this whole "information leak" stuff that has nothing to back it up but a journalist who may or may not be trying to chum the water/drum up hits.

ToddsPhins likes this.