1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Merged] Long Impresses rookie teammates at Dolphins Minicamp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by brandon27, May 2, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuVRUg0c2.eF3GnngnzxDMt0fgM6?slug=ap-dolphinsminicamp&prov=ap&type=lgns

and another article here...

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/519126.html

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I just saw this in the CL. I am really happy that he has been impressive so far. I like his mean streak and hopefully he gives hell to all defensive players trying to put their hands on our signal caller.

3. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Love it! I know its day one but to have the FIRST OVERALL Pick in the draft ALREADY working with his team and working hard and not wanting practice to end is great.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Sounds good :)

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    "Im looking foward to 2 practices on Saturday"

--Now thats the kind of player I like to invest 57 million in....

alen1 likes this.
  6. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    phins' top pick makes sudden impact

ionel Dotson is a very large man, with his 295 pounds filling out a 6-4 frame to overflow, and yet that large mass of muscle and bulk disappeared at times Friday afternoon. Every time Dotson, a Dolphins rookie defensive end, plowed helmet-first into Jake Long it was as if a pagan sacrifice was disappearing into the mouth of a large volcano.

Long is Miami's prized first-round pick and the first player selected in last weekend's NFL draft. On Friday one could see why the pedigree so far is deserved.

During a 90-minute practice in which there was only minimal contact and no tackling, Long nonetheless seemed capable of a great amount of violence.

He elbowed linebacker Keith Saunders on one passing play as the tryout player was attempting to rush the quarterback. It was hardly sound protection technique but it was nonetheless effective, knocking Saunders off his path to the quarterback.

On another passing play, Long stepped quickly in front of 247-pound Titus Brown and seemed to easily stick with the smaller, lighter player.

And then Long enveloped Dotson on yet another play, latching on to the advancing defender and erasing him from a play before the team period of Friday's practice was complete.

''Today was fun,'' Long said afterward. ``It was a short practice. I wanted to keep going. I am excited we have two [practices Saturday] to keep putting the offense in and keep learning from them. I am very excited about it.''
    http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/519126.html

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It sure is awesome to know that Jake isn't going to miss anytime due to a contract deal. Gotta love Jakes enthusiasm and work ethic thats for sure. I can't wait to see how he performs on the field in actual games.

8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    More than anything, I'm the happiest about him being signed already. He's going to be front and center on the 1st day of training camp. I'm going to go ahead and assume that Murphy will be as well. Ours is going to be an OL to be reckoned with I hope....oh hell, I believe that!

alen1 likes this.
  9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Hell yeah! Now you got me all hyped at midnight, way to go LA :D.

I am just really happy we have this potential and two cornerstones in our line in Carey and Long.

10. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Hey me too. I can't wait. I'm actually getting excited about the coming season. Last year I was cautiously hopeful. The same with the 2 years with Saban. But I believe in our current FO, because they're making OL and DL priorities. Football is a game of blocking and tackling first and foremost. These guys are demonstrating that they understand that.

11. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I like what I am hearing not only about how he has played, but his quotes are great as well.

One thing I want to point out is the fact Dotson was a 7th round pick and Titus was undrafted he should be dominating those players.Not trying to be a Debbie Downer just pointing it out.