1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Parcells digs in on Taylor, #1 price tag

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 25, 2008.

1. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Just what I suspected, JT has not said a word about missing TC, this is strictly Parcells being Parcells, he has to pick one leader on the team and make him a sacrificial lamb so the team know they bow to Parcells (buy in to the program, if you want it softer) or they hit the highway. It is as simple as this. and here's my confirmation from that article:

Bpk likes this.
  2. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Seems to me that if his agent says it, it's equivalent to a confirmation by JT himself. That's what "agent" means.

Bpk likes this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Do you really think that JT didn't tell them exactly what Sparano said in his presser ?? Hogwash...if JT really didn't tell Tunaland-Sparano exactly what they told us, wouldn't he have come out publicly and denied it by now ??

I think you are completely wrong here...this is exactly what JT wanted them to say...now he can come in at any time and join the team (if they can't work a trade out) or he can retire if he chooses and they look like the azzes...This thing has been carefully planned out by JT and his agent. JT wants the fans to think that he's lily white in all this mess. Believe me, it's not reality though...

Bpk likes this.
  4. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008

Agreed. I just think Taylor doesn't want people seeing him be in the quote saying he wants out of Miami. It looks better for him if his agent says it.

5. Marino

Marino New Member

May 26, 2008
    Florida
    I do agree on that for sure. He won't come out and say it, but wants to play for a winner.

6. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Why is it o.k for jason to want out?so that he can play for a winner,when the greatest Dolphin of all time never won a ring (Marino)?these million dollar cry babies make me wanna puke .these guys need to stop crying and play for the contract they signed.

Jason should be practicing with his teammates and learning our new system.if he wants to go Hollywood,do it when the contract expires,not one second before.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Per ESPN: Parcels puts first round price tag on Taylor

Just heard on ESPN. Clayton reporting.

alen1 likes this.
  8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Any potential for elaborating? Is this news? Didn't Parcells put a first round pick price tag on JT around draft day?

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I believe he did put a late first round tag on JT around draft day.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Might not be news. I heard he was being shopped on draft day but I wasn't aware that first rounder was the asking price. Not much more to it then the report on ESPN. Although I think it's unlikely that the Phins will get a first for Taylor, his age being what it is. In that respect, the news could be that Taylor probably isn't going anywhere.

11. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    yeah PhinsRock
    This was posted already (merge)

Parcells digs in on Taylor
    http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...82651801.shtml

12. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
  13. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That's like asking if I could beat a cheetah in a foot race.

14. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I no longer know who's to blame.

Both sides are a pain in the arse. I don't hink it'll get resolved til late August, either.

Bpk