Merged: Rookies Jersey #s Are Posted

41 replies

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum VeteranOP
Apr 28, 2009, 11:34 AM

MiamiDolphins.com has posted the Rookies numbers

QB Pat White #6
CB Vontae Davis 24
S Chris Clemons 30
CB Sean Smith 31
OLB JD Folsom 49
OT Andrew Garner 63
WR Brian Hartline 82
WR Patrick Turner 84
TE John Nalbone 86

AllianceCollectAllianceCollectNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 11:34 AM

Thanks for the info. :)

Carpenter is 5, Beck was 9

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Apr 28, 2009, 11:41 AM

"AllianceCollect wrote:

Thanks for the info. :)

Carpenter is 5, Beck was 9

thanks I wasnt thinking

NolePhinNolePhinNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 12:12 PM

Sean Smith 31? I can think of one other corner around Sean Smith size with that number. Antonio Cromartie with the Chargers. Hopefully Sean Smith can be as good if not better than AC.

Thanks for the sig, Gish!

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 12:57 PM

"thecolonel wrote:

Sean Smith 31? I can think of one other corner around Sean Smith size with that number. Antonio Cromartie with the Chargers. Hopefully Sean Smith can be as good if not better than AC.

Hopefully Smith plays more like Brock Marion than Cromartie (I realize Marion was a safety, but a great Dolphin #31 anyhow)

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Apr 28, 2009, 01:04 PM

"thecolonel wrote:

Sean Smith 31? I can think of one other corner around Sean Smith size with that number. Antonio Cromartie with the Chargers. Hopefully Sean Smith can be as good if not better than AC.

Cromartie is vastly overrated, IMO.

New EraNew EraNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 01:30 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

Cromartie is vastly overrated, IMO.

Not quite buying that a guy with 12 INT's in 3 seasons with 2 TD's is vastly overrated. His rookie year is like most any rookie year. His next year he goes off for 10 INT's and their defense was playing great. This past season, the defense was without several key starters and it showed.

I think he could be a little bit...but what star is not?

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Apr 28, 2009, 01:36 PM

I hope Aqua4Ever04 is going to be okay with someone taking Chris Chambers' old number. :sad:

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Apr 28, 2009, 01:44 PM

"New Era wrote:

Not quite buying that a guy with 12 INT's in 3 seasons with 2 TD's is vastly overrated. His rookie year is like most any rookie year. His next year he goes off for 10 INT's and their defense was playing great. This past season, the defense was without several key starters and it showed.

I think he could be a little bit...but what star is not?

I think he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

But I also think he isn't that great in coverage.

IMO he's the most overrated cornerback in the league.

And who were the several key starters on the San Diego defense that were gone? Other than Shawn Merriman.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Apr 28, 2009, 02:15 PM

I'm glad neither of our new CB's took #28.

I believe that jersey number is cursed by Jerry Wilson.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 02:29 PM

"The Rev wrote:

I hope Aqua4Ever04 is going to be okay with someone taking Chris Chambers' old number. :sad:

Who's Chris Chambers??:shifty:

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Apr 28, 2009, 02:30 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

I'm glad neither of our new CB's took #28.

I believe that jersey number is cursed by Jerry Wilson.

Isn't Gibril Wilson wearing #28? And I thought Jerry wore #24.. Nice to see #30 back in the mix for Clemons... Bernie Parmalee's old number!

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Apr 28, 2009, 02:30 PM

"steveincolorado wrote:

Who's Chris Chambers??:shifty:

Cue Aqua... :tongue2:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Apr 28, 2009, 02:58 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

Isn't Gibril Wilson wearing #28? And I thought Jerry wore #24.. Nice to see #30 back in the mix for Clemons... Bernie Parmalee's old number!

Maybe you're right. Im confuseed.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Apr 28, 2009, 02:59 PM

#84 has been and will always be Bruce Hardy's number for me.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Apr 28, 2009, 03:20 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

Isn't Gibril Wilson wearing #28? And I thought Jerry wore #24.. Nice to see #30 back in the mix for Clemons... Bernie Parmalee's old number!

You are right, Wilson was 24 along with Jamar Fletcher and Vestee Jackson...and now Vontae Davis. It would have been cool if they let him keep his #1 from college. The NFL is too anal on numbers other than interior OL numbers which makes sense being limited.

The last DB who wore 28 before now was Ray Hill. Last one who was a starter would be Gene Atkins.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Apr 28, 2009, 03:25 PM

Its strange seeing 84 again

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Apr 28, 2009, 04:00 PM

I like Davis with 24. Just seems nice.

Don't forget Renaldo Hill also wore 24.

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 04:14 PM

24 + 31 = bad news for qb's and wideouts of the opposition

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 05:10 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

#84 has been and will always be Bruce Hardy's number for me.

Vern Den Herder (sp)?

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 05:36 PM

No one wants #18 yet?

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 05:38 PM

I'm a caucasion.... so if I get a #6 jersey that says "White Fan".... I could theoretically wear it till the seams come apart. :D

AllianceCollectAllianceCollectNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 06:11 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

I'm glad neither of our new CB's took #28.

I believe that jersey number is cursed by Jerry Wilson.

Lol, Jerry Wilson was the bane of my existance in Madden for the few years he was our 3rd corner. :(

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 06:45 PM

"ToddsPhins wrote:

No one wants #18 yet?

that is ernest WIlfords number

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Apr 28, 2009, 06:48 PM

"steveincolorado wrote:

Vern Den Herder (sp)?

Vern Den Herder wore #83. Bill Stanfill was #84.