1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Salguero Says JAGS interested in JT

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by slickj101, Mar 25, 2008.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He supposedly has a few credible sources that say their interested in Taylor. Armando's usually full of a lot of... hot air but Jacksonville would make sense. Hope it happens if we're getting a good return for him.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If we trade him, expect a second rounder imo.

3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It's not an unreasonable price to ask.

A second and fifth round pick would help Miami tremendously.

4. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    i think the Jags have 2 extra picks from a trade with Bills for Stroud a 3rd and a 5th maybe we can work something out....

alen1 likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Armando is a fake and a fraud. He will write whatever he wants as long as it creates "Sensationalistic Journalism."

I personally think that is in large what is wrong with news these days. They can write whatever fantastic fiction they want and garner it as true without actually having a glimmer of truth anywhere in it...

Now then, if he is traded, better not be for anything lower than a top 10 second rounder.

6. yboord028

yboord028 AFC East Champs

Mar 22, 2008
    Ballston Spa
    Yes I remember listening to him on 790 the ticket at the beginning of the season and he said we would go 10-6, but later on in the season he was like yep I knew the Dolphins were going to be horrible and Trent Green was going to be hurt. He'll get the occasional things right but most which have already been reported.

7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I would ask for Jacksonville to switch their first round pick for our 57 and in addition ask for their late third round selection.

8. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Chris Long @ #1 + maybe a 2nd and 4th or 5th for Jason Taylor would be fine with me.

9. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    As much as I like JT, I don't have the same attachment to him that I did to Zach. I just hope we don't ever have to play against him if we do let him go.

10. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    This rumor has been floating around for the past couple weeks.
    This would be a good move for both teams and imo for JT..

Marino1983

Themole likes this.
  11. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I would only support the move if we drafted Chris Long. If not, we're either going to be replacing JT with a lower pick (ie someone likely not as talented unless we really find a diamond in the rough) or a FA, who we will wind up overpaying for.

12. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    well i hope this happens soon bc i think we're going to get more value for JT now than on draft day, which could seem somewhat backwards from normal. say this because if we draft Chris Long people will know we have much less of a 'need' for JT and will offer less. at least, i would offer less if i were another gm and the fins drafted long

Ultra likes this.
  13. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    agree, good point.

14. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    It is quite a realistic scenario that many here have talked, myself included. So there's no need to bash because I would have been surprised if it WEREN'T being talked about.

Would you be ok with them trading down and grabbing Gholston? I know opinions are divided.

I'd like to see Long with Porter perhaps moving back to the other side.

Does Porter still have it or is he destined for the inside?

15. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I don't know. I have seen clips of Long but I haven't seen much of Gholston, to be honest. Do you think he is in JT's league (or at least JT as a rookie's league)?

I think Porter still has gas in the tank, but if we're going with a youth movement, he may not be around long.

16. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Very good question on Porter...I am a bit worried about him on the inside actually. I think he still adds much value to the team, perhaps not what he is costing, but still a solid player.

As for Gholston. I think he has HUGE potential, but the 3 games I watched, I noticed two things that were VERY distinct about Big Vernon

1. He is VERY athletic..and has tons of untapped potential
    2. He is VERY Raw and has tons of untapped potential

Espeically in the championship game, I watched him continually take himself out of the play with over pursuit. A big part of that is that he is SO athletically gifted that he takes himself out of a play...very quickly (If that makes sense)

I said it before and will say it again. IF I am an O-coordinator planning agiainst Gholston, I run COUNTER/COUNTER/ COUNTER towards him..then a sweep directly at him...

17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I'd be a very happy man if JT goes to the Jags and we pick up Chris Long or Gholston. After that we would still have 3 2nd rounders (probably).

My only question is can Big Vern play inside and would we be wasting his potential as a huge passrusher by putting him there?

18. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Gholston? Inside? I serioiusly doubt that. You would take his largest assett away from him. His speed in space.

The things I eluded to has much to do with his decision making...which can get better with time. If you are on the outside and you make a bad decision, you can make up with it usually with athleticism. If you are on the inside and make a bad decision, you dont have that luxery...which is one thing Zach had..instincts..incredible insticts

ATVZ400 and alen1 like this.
  19. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    I would love to get a second rounder for him. Hell, I would love to get a first rounder but don't think that is ever going to happen. If we got their second and maybe a later round draft pick, I would hope we jump at the chance.

20. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    Not really sure about Ghoulston. I cant remember where I read it, but someone said they were worried that Chris Long had reached his potential or was very close to it and Ghoulston had alot of the "untapped Potential" that we hear so much about. The only game that I watched was the championship game and I was not really impressed with that one at all. Of course, everyone has a bad day now and then

21. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I dont think Jason Taylor is going any where

22. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    hurry up and trade him already. im sick of all the speculation

23. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I think a 2nd and 5th is pretty fair. The extra 2nd gives us that luxury pick in the round (Earl Bennett or someone like that). The 5th gives us some options for depth, particularly on the OL.

I have no hard feelings against JT, but I think it is best if there is a parting of the ways. I honestly don't think we would get the same effort out of him that a contender like the Jags would, and I don't really think there is anything wrong with that. Give him his shot, and let's rebuild and start this new era off fresh.

24. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Jaguars interested in Jason Taylor?

This was posted yesterday in the Herald's blog and may have already been posted here. If so, please merge:

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/03/jaguars-interested-in-jason-taylor.html

25. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Talk about backhanded compliments.

If Jacksonville ponies up their 1st, or their 2nd and 3rd, I say trade him.

26. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

A match made for both teams and for JT, I say make this happen! I want JT to go to a winner with a shot at a SB, we OWE that to him!

27. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I don't want JT to go anywhere! He is a Dolphin, and should remain a Dolphin for life! Enough with the "trade JT" posts!

28. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    He's more than likely as good as gone. Which makes us taking Chris Long a priority to take his place. I'd be happy with a 2nd and a 5th.

29. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I have no problem taking Chirs Long to replace JT, but no one expects Long to come in and outperform or live up to the standards that JT has set here for us, and to do that right out of the gate in his rookie season. Instead of running a guy out of town like we always seem to do, I'm hoping that JT would like to choose to end his career here....just as Zach would have if given the choice and Dan did.

30. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I don't think he's getting run out of town. We just need someone younger. JT has been awesome for us, but he won't be playing too much longer at his current level.

31. guatemalanfan

guatemalanfan Junior Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Guatemala
    I would give JT only for a 1

32. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I love what JT has done for the Dolphins, but his play was not up to par last season most of the time. If we could get a 2nd for him we should take the deal. It's not about what he deserves or what he can do for Miami next year, its about the future of this team. We need young players and strong drafts make that happen.

For a long time Idid not want to trade or release Thomas or Taylor, but we are now in a mode that we havent ventured into before. We are in a complete 100% rebuild mode. Our highest priority is keeping and growing our young talent IMO.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  33. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I would love for that to happen I can't see a team trading there 1st rd pick for JT