1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Merged] To those at the game | Empty seats

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ricky's Pipe, Oct 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ricky's Pipe

Ricky's Pipe Season Ticket Holder

Dec 4, 2007
    Key Biscayne, FL
    Yeeeaaaaaaa!!! I dont care what the stadium looked like to people on tv, it was ELECTRIC in there. It was loud, it was wet, it was fun. I am telling you I havent seen the stadium with that much energy in a loooong time. Not for the Ravens win last year, not for the win over the Patsies in Saban's year, honestly, the last game that I was that loud for was the win over the Rams a couple of years back where Bua crushed that guy.

To those that stuck it out in the rain: I salute you, we WERE well rewarded. I was standing, high-fiving, hugging, screaming with the faithful that have been by me the last couple of years. We started rehashing old times, telling stories, lauding the team....wow. I lost my voice on the goal line stance, and not just during the play itself, but the celebration afterwards, with the players turning to the fans and cheering...Im so glad to finally come away happy from that stadium. I am so glad that my head wasnt sunk into my hands in those seats like they have time and time again. Walking down the tunnel after the game there was chanting and singing. During the game our voices were heard - and seeing the players dancing around like a college team on the sidelines was priceless.

So to anyone that wasnt there - dont buy the hype that the stadium looked empty so it was an embarrassment - that place was a thing of beauty yesterday.

Alrigggghhhhhtttt Miiiiaaaammmiiii!!!!!!

2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I agree 100%!

3. finsmx

finsmx Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Monterrey, Mexico
    I only saw it on tv but you could definitely feel the atmosphere, it was great.

HULKFish and Idahophin like this.
  4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I totally agree....you guys rocked...the stadium sounded so loud on TV even...I could hear chants of "Ron-nie !, Ron-nie !, Ron-nie !, Ron-nie !

It was great to hear that kind of noise...and the roar just prior to the 4th and goal stop was awesome as well....great job to all the Fins fans who were there...

5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I was honored to travel in and be a part of that day. I loved every minute of it. I dont know what it normally sounds like, or normally looks like, but I and all the folks I met for the first time all around me in section 441 had a blast. The rain simply added to it (thankfully it wasnt a horrific continual downpour...just a traditional Miami sun shower).

What a fun time, and you are right, during the game, at all the key moments for Defense & Offense (and shouting FIRST DOWN 23 times) and at the final gun, walking down the ramps, the chanting and singing, and whistling, and hollaring, was perfect. I hope it continues. I hope others get to experience that.

I hope Yesterday, starts a tradition and feeling that lasts week after week to our ultimate Return to Riteful Glory in the Pro Football World!

6. finzman13

finzman13 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I had field passes, and man, was it electric in that stadium. Loved every minute of it. Kudos to all fans in the stadium Sunday, there were a lot of you.

cnc66 likes this.
  7. dolphinsgirl

dolphinsgirl New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Central PA
    Such good news! You could "hear" the electricity in the air over the radio. Seems like the team and the fans in the stadium are full of fire!

8. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Empty seats on Sunday

That was pretty embarassing to watch. On TV it looked like half of the upper deck was empty. I have always considered the Dolphins to have a great fanbase......but yesterday may have changed by opinion. It was a great, great win, but very disappointing fan support.

9. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Say what you want. But it DID look bad on TV.

10. inFINSible

inFINSible Bad ministrator

Nov 26, 2007
    . <----world's tiniest violin

;)

11. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    And? It was loud as heck in there!

I'd love for it to be filled up too. I hate seeing the empty seats. Hopefully if we win at Houston it'll be full for Baltimore. But with the cost of going to a game combined with the economy and the sorry state of the franchise in recent years, plus the threat of rain (and it did rain hard), it's not always the best thing in the world. Not everybody has the wherewithal you might to attend the games. And with High Def and such giving you the best seat in the house for free......

Still, the fanbase that DID turn out made an excellent showing. The players said as much. And they HAVE to continue winning if they want to get asses back in the seats. They keep winning, people will find more incentive to come back. :)

12. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I agree with most of that. The fans that were there were great. It did sound loud on TV. But it also looked empty.
    I don't really buy the weather or economy excuses though. Every team in every city has those issues and most stadiums don't look like Dolphins Stadium looked like yesterday.
    I was just making an observation, that's all. I wasn't trying to call anyone out. I just thought after a big win over the Patriots, there would be more buzz and the stadium would be full.

13. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    There's no violin, dude. I was just surprised (and a little disappointed) to see it.

14. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hey i'll be there at the seattle game. thats the best i can do from los angeles though! cheers to all the fans who show up week to week and root our guy on

15. Jamester23

Jamester23 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Good for you guys. I would have been there in a second but couldn't get out of the North Georgia Mountains due to work. I was very impressed by the crowd noise given the empty seats.

It reminded me very much of the Pats game in '04 (which InFINS and I were there for, in bad shape but there). when Feeley led us back to take the Pats down in the Fourth Quarter. I never cheered so loud and chest bumped so many strangers!

Keep it up! We need to rebuild the formerly formidable Dolphins Home Field Fans!!!!

cnc66 likes this.
  16. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    One day when I fulfill my dream of becoming a south Florida beach bum, I will make time in between fishing, drinking, and chasing women to come to every Fins game. That's my promise. Until then I just have to settle for watching the games on TV here in Augusta unfortunately.

Kudos to those that went though, I could feel the energy in that stadium from here. Empty seats and all.

17. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I think part of it is the color of the seats too.

Most places don't have bright orange seats that stand out. Hell, if you have an orange Phins shirt on, it looks like an empty seat in a crowded section. Most stadiums seem to have darker/duller colored seats that blend better.

It was quite barren yesterday though. Looked like there were more people at the UM/FSU game.

18. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    When I left the game people were high-fiving everyone, you would have thought we just made it to the Super Bowl - it was great.

19. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    seriously the emotion in the stadium during the goal line stand was unreal. we were screaming at the top of our lungs and everybody was high fiveing. i had an awesome time and i'll be back october 18th.

some pics of me doing the al bundy, and my buddy doing the heismann.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PMZQ and HardKoreXXX like this.
  20. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That also appears to be a stadium where people are inside just as much as in their seats. When I was at the home opener, people were sitting in the lounge area watching on the flat screens due to the heat. Im sure the rain caused some to watch from cover as well.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    hey bro, most teams have'nt had to endure the futility and ineptitude that this fanbase has gone thru,its been what 10 years of being dragged around, been letdown, been sh## on by coaches who dont care, a team that had given up last year and was prbably the worst of all time...

I think we have done well in enduring this mess, we never bood our team which is something that iam proud of.

Give us a little winning streak and we will be back.

That stadium and the people that were there were different, people changed their attitude, they were standing a lot, cheering louder, it was just great, i hope everyone that can,make it to the game against baltimore.

PMZQ likes this.
  22. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You guys are lucky to get to go to the games. I envy you.
    My take on all this is: We won, we're getting better as a team, seems our coach is a real coach and team guy and WE WON.
    I agree about the economy etc. It's hard to do anything for us. I conserve gas all the time and I'm sure there's others that are in the same boat.
    Anyway, Next time the seats are empty, sneak down to some at the 50 or something and consider it a blessing. We did that in Atlanta during a pre-season game. (Security helped us tho')
    I didn't get to see or hear the game, but I imagine the fans are on the way back. :up:

23. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    :knucks: Bro it sounds like the old days when I used to be a season ticket holder down at the OB. :up:

24. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    It looked empty from the TV broadcast, but it definately DID NOT sound empty. It sounded like the world was chanting,

ROOOOOONNIE...ROOOOOOONNIE...ROOOOOOONNIE...ROOOOOOONNIE

The stadium was ecstatic...I give props to everyone at the stadium who's voices filled those 15,000 empty seats...

GOOOO FIIIIIINSSSSS