1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Transformers 2

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Phinperor, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Transformers 2 Character Breakdowns Plus New Decepticons!

Last edited: May 21, 2008
    Kanye West and Ludacris like this.
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    No Soundwave?

3. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Cool, gonna be a long wait though. :cry:

4. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Unfortuantely I have yet to hear or read anything about him being in the upcoming movie. It would be ashame if he wasn't in it being that he is also one of my favorites as well, but hey, it's still early.

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I hope they put in Arcee.

6. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    They can put in whatever they want, it's still just GRAM (Giant Robot Action Movie) to me, because it didn't deserve the title of Transformers.

7. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    i thought the first one was pretty good, i'll definitely be going to see the second. boyfriend and his friends are HUGE transformer nerds ....they were dying to see the first one, so i don't really have a choice i'll be dragged to see it anyhow. lol

8. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I had heard rumors that Bay wanted an aircraft carrier in the first one, but those plans were scrapped due to budget. I was scared of the transition, but the movie is actually one of my favorites now and plays in regular rotation in my house. Bay's directing of the action sequences was awesome, and Shia LeBouf stole the show.

I know that Transformers 2 was pushed out due the writer's strike, my only hope is that we get to see more personality out of the Decepticons this time.

9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I want some Wheeljack and Prowl please. But I would settle for Hot Rod.

Ludacris and Phinperor like this.
  10. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    :hi5:

11. ILPhinFan88

Jonah Hill is in early negotiations to co-star opposite Shia LaBeouf in Transformers 2 for DreamWorks and Paramount, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Hill (Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) will provide the comic relief as a sidekick to Shia's Sam Witwicky.

The sequel, set to begin shooting this summer, is scheduled for a release on June 26, 2009.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44528

12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    no jazz?

13. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    One of the cool things about the first Transformers movie was that Shia was both the lead character and the comic relief, all in one. His performance was one that I really enjoyed, and he carried the movie from the human side of things, in my opinion.

Still, I could see Hill in the same type of role that Anthony Anderson filled in the first one. Anderson was a minor role and wouldn't have to come back.

14. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    that was my view of it as well...

15. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    He comes back as a ghost:shifty:

16. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    ZOMGOSH THERE MAKING A SECOND?!?!?! I CANT WAIT!!! OH MY GOD IM GONNA HAVE TO SEE IT THE DAY IT COMES OUT!!!

/sarcasm

17. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Seems like Shia was all the comic relief the movie needed. Unless they're planning on making him a bit more serious, or Jonah really understated (what would the point be then?) not sure more comedy is what this movie needs. Of course it's better than making the robots attempt humor as they did a few times in the first one.

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The black robot is the only good guy who died, racist *** Hollywood.

19. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jazz was silver. :tongue2:

Actually on the movie-licensed toys that they came out with it said on the back of the package that they were able to fix Jazz. Not sure if he'll be back though. I read that somewhere right after the first one came out.

20. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I grew up with Transformers toys and loved the cartoons as a kid and I have to admit the last movie did nothing for me I thought it was a very mediocre movie.

21. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I loved transformers...made me feel like a Kid again I am looking forward to the second version..bigger budget etc should make for quite a spectacle.

finswin56, Stitches and Motion like this.
  22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    agreed. Hopefully it will be more robots and less stupid humans

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He was voiced by a black dude, therefore Jazz is black, like Santa and Jesus.:wink2:

24. ILPhinFan88

Transformers 2

Transformers 2 Secrets Revealed!

Transformers co-writer Roberto Orci told SCIFI Wire that the soon-to-shoot sequel will build on the first film, delve deeper into established characters and devote screen time to a favorite Transformer from the original animated TV series. (Possible spoilers ahead!)

Orci and his longtime writing partner Alex Kurtzman scripted the first Transformers movie and have written the story for Transformers 2; Ehren Kruger (The Ring) drafted the screenplay, and Michael Bay is set to return to the director's chair.

"We want to follow some of our lead characters, which we thought were so successful," Orci said in an interview in New York while promoting the upcoming Fox SF TV series Fringe. "Shia LaBeouf's character, [Sam Witwicky, was] amazing. Where is he two years later? His girlfriend, [Mikaela, played by Megan Fox,] where is she two years later? But for fans--I guess I'll address this more to fans-- ... I think if you didn't know Transformers at all and you liked the first movie, you'll like the second one."

Orci added that some of the diehard franchise fans may have wanted the film to be less light-hearted and have more science fiction. "I think the second one will deliver on a true Transformers story," he said. "You know, the first one, we had a limited budget for what it was. Every second of Transformer time is $1 million or whatever the heck it is. So this time, because we were able to prove, thank God, through the whole thing that it's a viable live-action movie, we have a little more freedom this time to actually learn about the Transformers, to see them, hear them. ... It's a better balance between the humans and the Transformers."

Orci was coy at first about the identity of the Transformer character he felt most compelled to include in the sequel. But he relented after a moment. "I'll tell you, man," he said. "We had to get Soundwave in there." Where Soundwave goes, Ravage will follow? "Perhaps," he said. "You know, we had Ravage in an early draft of the first movie, and Soundwave, and we couldn't do it right. I think this time, hopefully, we'll have the ability to do it."

Separately, Transformers star Tyrese Gibson told SCI FI Wire that the sequel will do things that haven't been done before. "There's going to be some real, one-of-a-kind things going on in this," Gibson (Tech Sgt. Epps) said in an interview on the New Mexico set of Legion, which he is currently filming.

Gibson added: "Michael Bay is really going to try and up the ante on round two and take it to a whole other level. I can't go into any detail, but it's going to be some real one-of-a-kind things going on in this movie that no one has ever visually seen in their life. Michael Bay is really fired up and trying to outdo what he did on the first round."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=54451

Phinperor and Motion like this.
  25. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :woot:

26. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Happy to hear about Soundwave. :up:

27. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    Ravage, Yeeaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!

28. ILPhinFan88

At the beginning of the year, director Michael Bay said that Jazz wouldn't be back for Transformers 2, but it looks like things have changed. TFW2005.com writes:

The Pontiac Solstice vehicle prop of Autobot Jazz arrived on the set of Transformers 2 earlier today. In addition we've received confirmation from a second tipster that Darius McCrary, the voice of Movie Jazz, is now on set as well.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45572

Motion likes this.
  29. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I had a feeling he'd be back. I saw that on the back of the movie toy for Jazz from the first one it had a little story about how they fixed him after the fact.

30. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    why are you playing with toys dude? :confused1:

31. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    20 Robots in Transformers 2?

I doubt it and if done it could result in a cluttered mess unless there are several robots that make very brief appearances.

32. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :lol: I didn't read it first hand, it was in an article after the first movie came out.

33. ILPhinFan88

MTV.com reported that British actor Matthew Marsden has joined the cast of Transformers 2.

Marsden (Resident Evil: Extinction) will play Graham, a member of the British Special Forces. The sequel's plot is being kept a secret, but the site reported that the film will deal more with a global battle and will shoot around the world.
    Graham teams with the U.S. military characters played by returning stars Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson as they battle the evil Decepticons.

The returning cast also includes Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox; MTV.com earlier reported that Rainn Wilson (NBC's The Office) was also joining the cast as a professor

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=55230

Motion likes this.
  34. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
  35. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Transformers 2 Gets Subtitle

Degrassi: The Next Generation star Nina Dobrev has landed a role as a university student.

36. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    A bunch of pictures from the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania shooting.

Link

37. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Identity of New Transformers Robot in Transformers 2?

There is also a rumor going around that the female AUTOBOT Arcee will be in Transformers 2 after getting a hold of a leaked call sheet and read that "Arcee Motorcycles" are on set.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  38. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    Jetfire? Arcee? Wow!!!!

39. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    The design for Arcee looked pretty sweet I thought.

I almost nutted myself over the SR-71.

I still want to see some Prowl, Hot Rod, or Wheeljack though.