1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged; We got flexed out of prime time vs the patriots

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Nov 24, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, that sucks, thanks NBC...clowns

the 23rd, dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    What....they are moving a AFC E Division game out of the Sunday Night slot (which potentially could be for 1st place)?????

3. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    ... Wow, fail NBC. Good luck with those ratings, I will be boycotting that game thats for sure.

Phinz420 likes this.
  4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Damn you Brett Favre!!!!

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  5. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    What does MIN vs. AZ have really??? Why would that be deemed more entertaining to the NFL needs?

6. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

I love those night games for tailgating......

7. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/24/vikings-cardinals-game-flexed-to-prime-time/

As part of the NFL’s “flexible scheduling” plan, the Week 13 Minnesota Vikings-Arizona Cardinals game on Sunday, Dec. 6 will be played at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC and the New England Patriots-Miami Dolphins game that day will move to 1:00 p.m. ET on CBS, the NFL announced Tuesday.

The NFL will utilize flexible scheduling on Sundays in Weeks 11-17. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups in all NFL Sunday time slots in those weeks and give teams a chance to play their way onto primetime and into the late-afternoon 4:15 p.m. ET time slot on CBS and FOX.

For each of the flexible scheduling weeks with the exception of Week 17, the NFL will announce the start times of games on Sundays no later than 12 days prior to that weekend. To ensure a Sunday night game and doubleheader games with playoff implications in Week 17, the flexible scheduling decision for that Sunday may be made on six days notice.

The flex schedule game time changes for this Sunday (Nov. 29) are Chicago at Minnesota and Arizona at Tennessee on FOX at 4:15 p.m. ET.

8. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    idiots. no way Farve gets better ratings than 1st place battle between 2 huge tv draws in Miami and NE.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I'm gonna be the unpopular one here and say I'm glad they moved it to 1 PM.

Night games are fun, but work sucks the next morning when you're hungover from 8 hours of drinking.

/not as young as I used to be

10. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I agree...you will be the unpopular one.

Just get your "sick" voice on and stay home the next day with the girls...stoopid.

dolfan7171 and cnc66 like this.
  11. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Yeah...but now that means I have to START drinking at 10 AM.....so nope...

12. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    They could have made it the 4:00 game.

I hope Minnesota blows the Cards out. I hope it is like the Pats/Titans game, with the worst ratings ever since NBC started showing games. Add me to the list of people who will not be watching it.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Problem is, the 1pm game won't be broadcast across the US it will be thrown into the mix of games, so Dolphins fans who thought we would be on Sunday night are SOL.

Enjoy the Browns and Whomever game.

And they talk about "the most competitive games"

:lol:

14. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Can't say I understand you there.

Night games are the best no doubt.
    It sucks that the fans lose that.
    If they want to flex, the teams flexed out should still be able to play at that time slot so the home team fans don't get rear ended.

That or they just shouldn't designate any primetime games until a decision is made on who they want. What's the point of designating prime time games ahead of time if most will get changed anyway?

Dude your only 26 as well.... are you kidding me? LMFAO
    At this rate you'll be bed ridden by the time your 45.

dolfan7171 and padre31 like this.
  15. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

you obviously need more practice there, young man! :lol:

I don't like the getting up either, but really I hit the hay about the same time for the night or day games cause I watch the late game anyway. And I can drink more when I'm home earlier.... It's really cool to have the tent set up at night with lights and signs, looks great in the evening.

16. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I haven't called off from a day of work in 8 years. I kinda have a Seinfeld/Vomit thing going in that regard and can't ruin the streak.

I'm not seeing a problem here. And the tailgate opens at 9, why aren't you there and drinking then?

FinSane and Samphin like this.
  17. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    My problem is I've had too much practice.

I'm kinda diggin' being the Andy Kaufman of this thread.

Samphin likes this.
  18. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    I'm sure Buffalo Wild Wings will not mind the Dolphin traffic...

19. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Awww ****ing ****!!!!!!!

I'm flying in for the game cause it is also my dad's birthday!!! Had the whole day planned for the old man.

Maybe I'll make a visit over to Section 126.

siciliansith, padre31 and Section126 like this.
  20. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

to get more Farve **** slobbering? no thanks, I want the Card to beat the crap out of the Vikqueens.

still pissed off

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  21. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    So will be still be able to get the game on Sunday ticket?

22. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    No...this sucks big time. I went from a primetime game that I can watch on tv to a 1pm game that I might have to watch online if the Jags game doesn't get blacked out. This has all kinds of suck written all over it.

23. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Can I be Tony Clifton for a few posts to throw everyone off?

FinSane and HardKoreXXX like this.
  24. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    All I can say is CRAP! :angry:
    See you guys at Medi's Sun. afternoon.
    I hope farve loses bad.

siciliansith and dolfan7171 like this.
  25. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I would almost guarantee this game doesn't get flexed if Ronnie Brown stays healthy. With the Wildcat, we were somewhat of a media darling for the NFL. Without that cash cow, we're just another decent team.

I'm actually okay with the 1:00p start time. I don't get NBC in HD, so it's a tradeoff for me.

26. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    This is BS! This Flex scheduling is supposed to be used to get rid of a dog game that looked good before the season - not get rid of a game that, very well, could be for the division if we win this week and the Pats lose in New Orleans.

Not that the Cards-Vikes is a bad matchup, but c'mon! This is a big game in Miami!!!

What now .... maybe we get flexed back in later in the season if we keep winning? That Pittsburgh game could be huge!

27. woody1351

woody1351 New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Macomb Illinois
    i just gave nbc a little piece of my mind.

28. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    yes he does, look at his ratings when he is on primetime, its not even close.

I don't like it, but it makes sense for NBC

keypusher likes this.
  29. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I wish we were playing at night too but NBC made a business decision

This will be the unpopular comment but the Zona-Vikes game will get better ratings and more $$$$ for NBC

The Vikes are 9-1 and Zona is 7-3. These are 2 good teams that will be fighting for the #2 seed and a bye

Hopefully we get flexed to primetime in one of our other games (I'm thinking the Pitt game)

30. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Oh well .... at least the win, and overtaking of the division by us will still count :yes:

dolphindebby likes this.
  31. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    In other news: John Madden is coming out of retirement and elbowing Chris Collinsworth out of his color analyst spot on NBC. There will be a special halftime announcement where John Madden will get on his knee and ask for Brett Favre's hand in marriage.

32. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I could cry.... I work every Sunday from 6am to 4pm as of late. So I bought tickets to this game since I would have more than enough time to make it down to the game and now I cant even go. This is complete bull****.

eric and padre31 like this.
  33. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That does suck dude. Any chance you can switch/leave early/make up the hours/call in sick?

Anytime you see "Flex" written on the ticket, it's usually a safe bet to assume it will be changed.

34. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    This is awesome news! The Pats are AT the Saints on Monday night. Then they have to travel again, to us. The less time they have to prepare and rest, the better. Travelling after a Monday night is notoriously difficult.

but for the record, i think this game is better than the vikes/cards. this game could be for the afc east lead. very likely actually. the nfc is a weak conference. the bills would be 7-3 in the nfc. the cards can get blown out by 30 on any given week.

35. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I agree, im so happy its at 1. Wont be diring home to orlando either monday moring or at 2am when i finally am able to drive. Waaaaayyyyyy better!

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  36. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    When Madden has his prostate checked...

He imagines Favre is the Doctor...

This is such Bravo Sierra, especially for people who planned on attending the game, people work on Sundays to and the NFL and NBC just flipped them the Bud Adams Double Birdy Salute.

If it were me, I'd call the ticket office and raise hell about this happening, maybe you can score some freebies for the trouble they are putting you through.

37. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Well we got "Favre'd" right out of this one. I feel bad for the Miami natives who are getting screwed out of what's probably a fun night game, but at least I'll be able to get to bed at a decent hour now.

38. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It's definitely better if you're going to the game IMO. I've already had my night game fix this season. However, I can understand why those who don't live local hate that they don't get to see it on National TV.

I went to college in Tennessee, and I'd be pissed right now if I was up there and it got switched because of Lord Favre.

shaunm000 likes this.
  39. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The only positive is it should be much hotter on the field in the middle of the afternoon compared to at night ,so I hope the Patriots d-backs have fun tackling Ricky in that heat.

40. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Totally with you on that one.

Although, I miss getting to watch the Dolphins at 1 on Sundays. 2008 it seemed we played every game at 1!

Hopefully its not too hot, im sitting on the visitors side, so much sun over there.