1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Merged] WR Brandon Gibson agrees to terms

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Right. That appears counter to what you originally said though, which is why I responded.

Keep in mind, people who study QBs, will tell you that the QB Tannehill is most similar to, is Rodgers. Their college numbers are nearly identical and they are similar when it comes to build and abilities, with Tannehill actually being more athletic.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  2. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Bailey might still be available when the Dolphins draft in the second round and even possibly with their first pick in the third round. I just don't see Austin still being on the board when the Dolphins pick in the second round. Based on their free agent signings so far, I just can't imagine the Dolphins will select a WR in the first round. I would like to see them draft Austin too, I just don't see it happening.

Bpk likes this.
  3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    They drafted Vontae #1 and Smith #2 one year. There has been no pattern or trend that any of us can point to, to predict what Ireland is going to do at #1.

Except, speculate based on visits he's had with a prospect. In which case, he's visited with Austin more than any other.

4. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    While I was not a big fan of the Dolphins drafting Tannehill in the first round last year, I have come around to the view that he just might be the QB the Dolphins have needed since Marino retired. I just want to see him do it on a consistent basis. He now has the play makers on offense and a year of experience in the NFL. He needs to now start showing that he can be the same type of QB for the Dolphins that Rodgers is for the Packers.

I certainly don't expect him to be Rodgers in his second year in the NFL. I merely want to see him take a giant step forward in his development and show that he can be a top tier QB in the NFL over the coming years. I am sure I am like a lot of Dolphin fans. I expect vast improvement from Tannehill this year and I would be disappointed if the offense isn't vastly improved under his leadership. I just hope I am not disappointed. I want him to be a huge success and as you stated, he has the skill set to take it to a higher level.

I look forward to this coming season more than I have looked forward to one in many years.

Bpk, hitman and Fin D like this.
  5. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    As I stated, I hope they draft Austin. They just have a lot of their cap space already tied up in the WR position. That is why I have to wonder if Ireland would still draft a WR in the first round. Especially if they still have big needs at CB and on the offensive line, if Long doesn't sign. I realize they can still upgrade these positions in free agency and if they do, Austin might still be an option with their first round selection.

Right now though, with all the money they have tied up with the WR's on their roster and the other needs this team has, it would just be a major surprise to me if Ireland takes Austin in round one. I hope your right that Ireland still has Austin at the top of his wish list, if that is where he had him going into free agency. Fortunately we will all know if that is the case in about five weeks.

Bpk likes this.
  6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Here's the thing. You draft Austin and go 4 wide with Wallace-Austin-Keller-Hartline with Miller coming out of the backfield and a QB who can hurt you with his legs and, honestly, I don't see how any defense can stop that.

There is one problem.

Spread QB's get hit. A lot.

7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Perhaps Matthews is their expectation for that 4th guy, their slot guy. Hartline can play the slot by the way. A 3 year deal, three signed WRs and then drafting WR in the 1st? Sounds a little bit odd.