1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Launch trailer. Game's out in a week. September 1.

[video=youtube;alxN1i1GagM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alxN1i1GagM[/video]

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    This game looks pretty good ... but I haven't played a MGS since II ... will I miss anything if I skip right into this?

3. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It's a Metal Gear game. Of course you will.

My suggestion is to watch a timeline video on Youtube and catch yourself up on MGS3 and Peace Walker. Those two games feed into MGS5 the most.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  4. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I took a different approach, and pulled my PS3 out of storage and picked up the MGS Legacy Collection since I had some spare credit on Amazon. I've made it through the first MGS and II, and now I get why you made the comment above. The first game works as sort of a standalone action game; but the second takes it in completely different direction. My only complaint about the game would be the actual endgame itself, as it got a little bit tedious. It wedged in something like a 20 minute cut scene followed by a few minutes of fighting, more cut scenes, another round of fighting, and another 20 minute to end it.

I've started MGS III (played maybe 30 minutes on it), and I plan on playing IV, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes (which I got for free on PS+ a few months back) before I pick up MGS V. I'm hoping that the game gets a Black Friday price drop, because I'm guessing that's about the time I'll wrap up the other games.

Unless Fallout 4 consumes my gaming life, which is entirely possible.

Desides likes this.
  5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    MGS2 is one of the most hate-or-love games ever. Most people were angry that the promo material, like trailers, showed you playing as Solid Snake, but the final game featured Raiden in those same scenes from the trailers and demos. The reason was to demonstrate the game's theme of information control, but people hated it. I thought it was fantastic.

Anyway, you really didn't need to play MGS1 and 2. MGS1 takes place in 2005 with Solid Snake, MGS2 takes place in 2007 (intro) and 2009 (main game) with Solid Snake and Raiden. MGS3 takes place in 1964 with Naked Snake, who is not Solid Snake. Peace Walker takes place in 1974, again with Naked Snake. Since MGS5 takes place in 1985 and again stars Naked Snake, MGS1, 2, and 4 are irrelevant to it.

MGS4 has by far the most feels, too.

You'd better marathon the hell out of those games, then, because we're like 4 weeks away from Fallout 4, and indications are that it WILL ruin families.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    So Konami is looking to hire for their next Metal Gear game.

I hear there's this guy available! Oh… wait.