1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami a nine point favorite next week

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Brown42000, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Miami a nine point favorite this week

Odds

When was the last time Miami was that big of a favorite? They better come to play next week and not underestimate Seattle who is terrible.

HULKFish, USArmyFinFan, cnc66 and 2 others like this.
  2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I have a feeling that will shrink as we get closer to game time.

For some reason, Miami seems to always do poorly against mobile quarterbacks. Seneca is certainly that. I still think we will win, but it won't be a cakewalk. I still maintain that our team is a growing one that is prone to let downs. Sparano's job will be to keep them humble and focused on the task at hand.

cnc66 likes this.
  3. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Seneca hasn't been running this year. He wants to become a pocket quarterback and he obviously isn't that. Seahawks fans seem to be upset because he won't take off and run.

4. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Don't like that. Reminds me of last year when we were 0-for and the bookies had us as favorites against the Jets. A team that went 1-15 last year just shouldn't be 9 point favorites against anybody, and this is something that will be locker room wall motivational stuff for the Seahawks.

5. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    After the way they played today, nine points is low. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Charlie Frye play QB. Seattle is busted up like we were last year, I'll feel bad for the after next week though. The game will probably be televised here but I think I'll go down to my favorite pub and talk some story w/ the Seachicken fans, I've earned it being the only Dolphin in that bar for 4 yrs now.

cnc66 likes this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If i was sparano i would'nt say a word, i would'nt play mind game and put cheese in their lockers or anything, i would'nt even aknowledge the issue, why you may ask....because even thinking that it is an issue is BS......we were 1 and 15 last year, this team should be ready to rip their heads off next week.

anlgp likes this.
  7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Seneca Wallace is damn fast and I hate him. He's a Cyclone... and I hate him.

With that said, so if we can put pressure on him, he's done... He's not a big scrambler anymore it seems.. and he's never been super accurate in my opinion.

I hate to call games as wins or losses, but we should win this one. An interesting stat popped up on ESPN earlier that we have the easiest remaining schedule with our opponents average winning percentage at .375

GISH likes this.
  8. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Hasslebeck is done for the season IMO he has a back injury which gives him a "dead leg" feeling. Kerney was reported to be out indefinitely before the game today which often means the player will be out several weeks.

Don't know anything about Deion Branch but if he does come back this week he will likely get very little playing time and not be effective due to how little football he has played the past several months.

Miami should blow this team out.

9. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I just hope the coaches can keep the players from feeling too overconfident. We are not good enough to play badly and still win.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Before the season I had us pegged as an 8-10 win team. We lost two games and I got a bit discouraged lowering it to maybe 5-7 wins at best.

Now I'm back to my original thought. I think we can win 8-10 games. I see us winning 5 out of the last 8. With the chance to maybe win 1-2 more. Hopefully we keep playing hard and don't let down.

11. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Phins nortorious for playing down to the competition. I've been watching them for 37 years and even the 73 team did it. They've always had a hard time handling success and been guilty of reading their own press clippings.

12. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZ3_obMXwU]YouTube - Aretha Franklin - Respect (1990)[/ame]

Rocky Raccoon and anlgp like this.
  13. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think nine is crazy. I also think talk of anything other than winning THIS game is silly. We beat SD and everyone(nearly) had us making the playoffs, and some to the SB.... then we lost two games.. have you guys learned nothing? Don't count ANY chickens until they are hatched. If..IF we beat the seachickens, THEN, we worry about the raiders... not who we might be playing in the playoffs. Playoffs take care of themselves if we win, but sadly, that's what we have to do, not just talk about it, or WISH for it.

I would have thought that after all the years of disappointment, folks would stop assuming wins BEFORE they actually happen.

njfinfan likes this.
  14. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    only 9? Miami beat Buffalo by 9. Miami beat Denver by 9. Those teams are light years ahead of Seattle. We beat Seattle by 20, easily.

15. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    These next two weeks we'll learn even more about our coaching staff. Can it get these guys pumped to play well against two teams they should handle? To be a legit playoff contender, they absolutely have to win the next two games. They lose one, forget it. If they are truly going to be a playoff team (and I can say this w/ a straight face finally :lol:), they can't lose - at home - against two of the worst four/five teams in the league. Especially when those two squads are traveling a billion miles to play.

Get to 6-4, then take on the Patsies at home in a game I'll feel confident to watch ..... and THAT is saying something.

16. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Agreed. But it's hard not to get excited.

But you really are right on. They have to approach these next two games like they are playing the Patriots/Giants/Steelers, whomever. They have to stay aggressive and go for the kill.

If they come out flat Sunday - :no:

17. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well, to be fair, our overestimation of the team and possible disappointment does nothing to help or hinder the Dolphins' chances of winning. May as well enjoy the high now, while we can.

18. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    C'mon Marty, these guys are excited... Who can blame them?

As I said before, I'm not looking ahead to the Raiders because teams can go hot and cold in a matter of milliseconds. I'm looking forward to the Seahawks, a team that we can beat, but there's no guarantees in any game.

19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree and am still recovering from the last one, {houston}.. I think this team does'nt make the same mistakes twice, their a very smart football team..The pressure alone to not let down their fans at home will get them up for the game.

My main concern is not the team this week, its our fanbase, if we dont show up for this game it could have a negative affect on them and change their intensity level.

20. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    We SHOULD be favored by that much. The culture is chaning around here guys, let's ride this pony for all its worth.

I'm even willing to go back out to games, I have hope now. Last year there was no hope, and I wasn't willing to go. The phins aren't my wife, I don't have to support them through tough times, although I can still root for them. If thats bandwagon, then call me that. Winning cures all.