1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami - Atlanta Opening Drive

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Aug 9, 2014.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Credit Catch66 over at fin***** for posting these links:

6/6 62 Yards 1TD / 0 Int, 0 Sacks Nice protection.

Dolphins 1st drive:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...5853/Miami-Dolphins-1st-quarter-scoring-drive

+Bonus Landry 48 Yard Return:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000375846/Landry-48-yard-punt-return

So...going back to watch the one drive...what stood out to you?

I see ALOT of space. The routes seem to put receivers in areas where they can make the catch and run with it. I think this is why you saw Lobato struggle so much...mainly because he doesnt know the offense and where to throw the ball. After thinking on it...I think its kind of unfair to really make any judgements on his play.

Lamar Miller seems like a different back...hes hitting the hole with purpose.

If we keep seeing space like that....Michael Wallace is going to be a fantasy steal this season...just saying.

Landry has some quicks...I think the reason people say he isnt fast..is ..hes not a strider..like say Ted Ginn was. Its those quicks that make him such a good route runner. But Landry certainly isnt slow....REALLLLLY hope this kid spends a long ... and fruitful career in Miami along with Ryan Tannehill.

Pandarilla, SICK, MikeHoncho and 5 others like this.
  2. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Offensively it looks like we're going to try and stress defenses horizontally. Big-time. Every play there seems to be someone either leaking out or running flat toward the sidelines in hopes of catching it and beating his man to the edge. Puts a lot of pressure on coverage to not get out-flanked. The timing of those leak-outs looks good too, just in terms of creating space for whoever catches it out there. I think adding Moreno will boost that a ton, he's very smart about those kinds of things. That RB stuff is pretty basic imo but you hardly ever saw Sherman do it.

I still think we're going to struggle to run that ball, potentially to the point of it being an issue that really holds us back. How many read-options are you really comfortable running once teams are ready for it?

I don't know how they're going to get all these WRs enough snaps, honestly. Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Mathews, Landry all going to be worthy of lots of playing time. I think them putting Landry on returns like that highlight tells you how much they want this kid on the field...but it's gonna be tough to give everyone their due burn out there when they're all healthy.

3. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    or you just look in the club :chuckle:

CrunchTime likes this.
  4. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Big play stood out, wide open easy TD, a read option screen pass, a slant, some zone blocking for short yardage. It had a little bit of everything. The big play was key. It was one of the best drives we've seen in a long time.

5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I agree, though I wasn't as thrilled with Miller. Absolutely love that Lazor Effect on the first drive, the most important and telling one. The rumors appear to be true. I won't jump the gun just yet, but.. Looking Good!!

The D? Not so much. It's mostly the run D. I liked some of the calls and allignments, etc, but, to say the least, it wasn't very encouraging. Finnegan seemed to attack the ball pretty well. To run this D, you have to have very solid and LBs. That remains to be seen.

6. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Seen the Dolphins opening drive in a couple of threads. I haven't seen the Atl opening, our second drive or ATL's second drive in any thread. I believe we still had our starters on the OL in the second drive and we had our starting D start the first two drives. Here's a link to show some other highlights. Look at 27 Jimmy Wilson juked out of his shoes at 2:18 mark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...6130/Dolphins-vs-Falcons-preseason-highlights

7. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I can see its been awhile since you have been in Club.:pointlol:

We have that and much more.

8. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yeh...Ill be back in shortly..need to get back in there have a feeling I missing stuff I shouldnt be

CrunchTime likes this.