1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami/Denver discussed on 'Playbook' on NFLN.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    For what it's worth, this is the best program on NFLN IMO. It's more the Xs & Os type stuff with B. Baldinger and Sterling Sharpe. They talked about Porter and how he's playing amazing and is on pace to break Strahans' sack record. =D. They broke down some film of him. Baldinger then picked Denver to win because he thinks Denver has great pass blocking schemes and have given Cutler lots of time this year. He said and showed clips of how Shanahan(sp?) likes to move the pocket around and said that he'll probably do that in order to avoid Porter.

Sharpe went on to say: "Lets talk about someone who we haven't talked about here ever" "Ted Ginn jr." He said he's been playing great and how he's been showing toughness by going up for passes knowing he's going to get nailed and he's been good at getting YAC! He said he's finally showing why he was picked so high when he was about to consider him a bust. =) He picked Miami to win!..because the Broncos run defense is horrible. Our RBs should have a huge day.

They went on to talk about the AFC QBs and who will have the best day this Sun....and they both picked Pennington. =D

I was paraphrasing some of it, but that's the gist.

GISH, Phinz420, anlgp and 11 others like this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Wish it was sterling and not shannon. Is Shannon on NFLN now?

I'm amazed you could understand him with that water in his mouth!

Larryfinfan and PMZQ like this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Oops! I meant to say Sterling not Shannon. My bad. I edited it.

4. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    I want my NFL Network. I don't think my cable provider even offers it here. I don't need the Sunday Ticket because, well I live in S. Florida and get to watch pretty much every Dolphins game every year. Would be nice to watch programs that are all about X's and O's.

Sceeto likes this.
  5. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    You mean I am not the only one ? :lol:

6. Watching the replay of NFL Playbook right now (8:00pm ET) and they're about to talk about our game...

7. Aqua, I think it's still on Sunday mornings early -- 7:30 or 8:00am... GREAT SHOW, I agree.:up:

first&goal likes this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    NFL Match-up is a great show,its adamn shame it got oushed back so late, I used to watch that all the time because you'd actually learn something.

Playbook is great too, although I'm not a fan of Baldinger.

9. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    That pumpkin is freakin' awesome. Ha Ha!

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I actually like NFL Matchup on ESPN better, but this is a good show too...I like any of the programs where they break down film where it's easier to see where the plays are actually happening...Hoge is a yokel, but he (or someone at ESPN probably Jaws) is pretty good at film breakdown...

I will have to watch this show a little more closely...

11. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Love the show. They showed just about all of Ginn's catches and he had one on one coverage every time. After that first play of the game he had big cushions all day long. His routes looked pretty crisp. He really did a good job of creating extra seperation along with the cushion. Hopefully teams will continue to single cover him. If he keeps burning people they are going to have to double him and that should open up the offense for everyone else.

Sceeto likes this.
  12. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Guys & Gals,

You can watch some playbook highlights on NFL.com. You have to go to "videos" and then click on "NFL Network" and then on the left side there should be a link that says "Playbook". It's not everything but for those of us that don't have it (NFLN) it's awesome.