1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins 2011 Actual SoS and Record...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disnardo, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Well that facts are that at then end of this Season this team played to an actual Strength of Schedule that was 0.488% or opponents records were 121-127… We really had an easy SOS when all was said and done…

IMHO, playing against teams with winning or losing records during the season, does not make a good barometer as to where your team is at, you need to wait till the Season is over to get all the facts. That means to say that no matter how much hoopla the Media seems to portray about those surprise teams that seem to rise during the middle of season… We have all seen that time and time again, during the many years of watching the NFL…

This year we played 4 winning teams (NE (2X), NYG, and Houston), 7 teams that were 0.500 at best (SD, NYJ (2X), Denver, Oakland, Philly, and Dallas) and 5 teams that were less than average (Bills (2X), Cleveland, KC and Washington)…

That means our record was 0-4 against winning teams…
    That means our record was 2-5 against 0.500 teams…
    That means our record was 4-1 against losing teams…

The 1st half of the Season…

We were 0-3 against winning teams (NE, Houston and NYG)…
    We were 0-3 against 0.500 teams (SD, NYJ, and Denver)…
    We were 1-1 against losing teams (Cleveland and KC)…

Record of 1-7…

The 2nd Half of the Season…

We were 0-1 against a winning team (NE)…
    We were 2-2 against 0.500 teams (Oakland, Philly, Dallas and NYJ)…
    We were 3-0 against losing teams (Washington, Bills (2X)…
    Many here believe our team had a good/great 2nd half of the season…

Record of 5-3…

Combined and total of 6-10… let me say it again… 6-10…

Again this is my opinion but we are what our record says we are… and our record say we have a problem beating winning teams and struggle to win teams that are average at best, even though many here say we are “competitive,” and this is a phrase that I no longer hold dear and true to this teams capabilities…

Many here don’t remember how competitive we were with Dave Wandsted earlier this past decade or how competitive we were under Jimmy Johnson in the Post Season for a few of his years, only to get blown away by those other winning teams in the Post Season… Yes I cringe when I hear other mention how “competitive” we are…

Yes I know, many here see us being, that phrase again, “competitive,” against NE in the 2nd encounter and I again fail to reason why???

Was it the 27 “un-answered points” that NE scored against this competitive team???

Was it how after 2 ½ quarters we fail to score another point till the game had very little time left???

Was it the same ole, “We fail to finish the game,” being said through out this 2011 Season???

Teams that are competitive in my opinion are “having a vision that makes them for successful competition,” or “high in quality to be successful in commercial rivals”…

Those are the meaning of “competitive” in dictionary.com… not my words… but you guys and gals get the meaning and for those that missed it again the key to being competitive is being “successful…”

That being “winning” or “succeeding” and that is something that we have not done well at all this year against average to good competition… nor prior years as well…

So we say that we beat 2 teams (Oakland and NYJ) in the 2nd half that were winning teams before we played them… and this is a reason to be upbeat???

Well the Jets had their 0.500 Season record as follows…

They were 0-4 against winning teams…
    They were 2-3 against 0.500 teams…
    They were 6-1 against teams with losing records…

And Oakland… had their 0.500 Season record as follows…

They were 1-3 against winning teams…
    They were 4-2 against 0.500 teams…
    They were 3-3 against losing teams…

In generalization, I am about to end my endless babbling, but this is what the performance of this team over the last 6 years has done to me…

If this Dolphins team would have played the Season from the beginning, they way that they have played the 2nd half, they would have had a winning record, making the Post Season and making an early exit from the Post Season…

It would have had a similar ending to the 2008 Season (except winning the Division) , and many here would have thought that this team had a great turn around…Thanks to the easy SoS…

We would still not be “competitive” against winning teams…

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fair to say the Parcellian Blueprint "it's a big man's game" and "smart tough disciplined" are discredtied concepts from a era that is vanishing.

Were we go from here remains to be seen, but do keep in mind Nardo, the Pats lost to winning teams as well.

Disnardo likes this.
  3. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    There is nothing wrong with losing to winning teams Pads...

What is wrong is that you loose them all...

and then you lose some more to average teams...

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I see it more or less as two different season Nardo, w/Sparano and w/o Sparano

5. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I see the same scenario for the long Season Pads...

After the 0-7 start, Sporano had the team at 4-1 before his last game against Philly...

You are going to have to give him the credit to righting up the ship, before sailing into the sunset...

at least that is what his players did...

With or without... since Tony stated after the 3rd or 4th game that he did not know how to fix the issues, it was just not him talking but the rest of the coaching staff...

They had no answer to fix the leak or did not want to put the players under the buss in front of the media and kepted in the locker room...