1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins: Chad Henne progress report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Nov 26, 2009.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. RJones13LAL

RJones13LAL New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    I'm really proud how Henne has handled himself since being thrown into action. But overall do you think the front office sees him as their QB of the future? I definitley think he's good enough but from what I've read the front office isn't 100% committed.

3. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    really? what have you read to make you believe that? I don't recall reading anything from the front office that they dont believe in Henne.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Same here. Why would an organization ever say in the media they don't believe in a QB they drafted and are developing to be the long term starter.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    the way I read that is that he likes what he has seen so far but 7 games is not enough to tell.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I agree but some people could interpret it otherwise. I think every player on this team is an I like them "but" player. I like that as I think it pushes them.

8. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't think it's not that the don't have the belief Henne can be the answer, it's just that they have made arrangements for what happens if he isn't much faster than your average NFL franchise, and it's difficult to discern it from an internal analysis that he isn't the guy.

Basically, they weren't and aren't going to let Chad Henne turn into a boondoggle. Before he even had a start they drafted Pat White in the 2nd round* and traded for a young guy who started and showed some upside in Tyler Thigpen.

That's probably one of the biggest benefits of Bill Parcells. Too many inexperienced head coaches have gone down with the ship on a failed rookie quarterback, and he's using his his clout and reputation to allow him to do something that is controversial, and probably the correct decision to make.

* Note: THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO DISCUSSION WHETHER OR NOT YOU THINK PAT WHITE IS GOING TO MAKE A GOOD TRADITIONAL NFL QB. IT IS THE FURTHEST THING IN THE WORLD FROM THIS. THANK YOU.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  9. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    There's been other stuff, too. There was the rumor that Parcells said something to the effect that now that Henne was the starter he hoped he stopped practicing like a backup, which is really so characteristic it's really difficult to imagine Bill Parcells did not say that.

10. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    the team isnt gambling on any one pick. they are picking multiple people at a few positions at a time, to hedge their bets.

11. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I think this about covers it in that the trifecta may not have known how good or bad Henne was/is going to be so they are not going to put all their eggs into one basket. The trifecta knows that you need a good QB to win in the NFL (something JJ, the stach, Satan and CAMCAM didn't seem to get), drafting WHite and trading for Thigpen are insurances to Henne failing (IMHO).

gafinfan likes this.
  12. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    ^^^ what he said ^^^

gafinfan likes this.