1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano applauds Pro Bowl-caliber work of Jake Long

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Dec 30, 2009.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    "I know what we have in Jake Long, I really do," Sparano said. "The reason I know it is I've been on the other side of the pancake where we didn't have it, and it isn't a good feeling.

"I'm fully aware of what we have in Jake Long, fully aware of how hard a worker the guy is and how good he wants to be."

Long, who as a rookie last year shared Miami's Pro Bowl spotlight with teammates Ronnie Brown and Joey Porter, will be the team's only representative when the game is played on the Dolphins' home field at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 31.

"If I'm the only one that goes I've got to represent the Dolphin organization positively," Long said one day after being named an AFC starter. "I have faith I can do that."

Pro Bowl Caliber

Boik14 and RoninFin4 like this.
  2. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    i just love jake long and i think it was one of the best draft picks the dolphins have ever made in the history of the organization

djphinfan and dolfan7171 like this.
  3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Thus far he has lived up to being the #1 overall in my book. He has played pretty solidly this season after the first week. Now, if we can get more picks to perform at the same level, we will have a good team, filled with young players.

Hopefully.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i love good tea

5. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    :lol:

I know right?

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Imo, 8 games into last seaon ,he was the premiere player at his position from an overall value standpoint.

7. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Jake Long is a stud. And, the better Henne plays, the better the Long pick looks.