1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins cornerback Eric Green learns his lesson: It's time to move on

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1178999.html

When the Dolphins signed cornerback Eric Green as a free agent in March, they liked that he should have a proverbial chip on his shoulder after losing his starting job in Arizona. Then the Dolphins spent two of their first three draft picks on cornerbacks Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, with the obvious expectation they would compete with Green for a starting job.
    Green admitted the draft super-sized that chip. But he isn't mad.

gandalfin and PerfectTeam like this.
  2. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Ideal situation to me would be that Davis or Smith are starting and Green fills Nate Jones role. I don't think Green is that bad of a player, I just rather not see him starting for us. Putting him up against the 3rd or 4th receiver would be better.

3. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Thats got to be frustrating, seeing himself fall inevitably into the same Groundhog day scenario all over again.
    Hardly an enviable position to compete at, and one I doubt Goodman had any regrets vacating, particularly with the talents like Davis and Smith, fresh out of college, already breathing down your neck, all while being expected, to help them over each and every bump in the road.

By the sound of this statement, Green indeed appears to be looking down the road, with confidence a bit rattled.

4. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I can not believe he is coming here and is particapating in TC and according to his own words taking plays off and slacking off. This is not what we need from our CB's. It just amazes me that he thinks he can come here and do that. Thats the exact reason he got put on the bench in AZ. Some times guys never learn. I hope he sits the bench with that type of work ethic.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

ummmm he is contradicting himself in the worst way possible.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the best man will start
    nothing personal
    just the simple unadulterated law of competition
    let them all compete