1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins gaining more star power?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SargeZ33, Aug 19, 2009.

1. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    Looks like Hollywood loves the Dolphins. We might see some gold in the uniforms next year, but I dont think the Tuna like all this.

From The Herrald

Miami Dolphins gaining more star power?

Jimmy Buffett, Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Marc Anthony. Becoming a minority owner in the Miami Dolphins is where it's at. Dolphin execs swung by The Miami Herald on Tuesday, hinting that yet another celeb -- ``who represents Miami's diverse community'' -- could soon be on board. Our guesses:

• Fergie: The buzz is that the funk-rock princess could be The One. Why? Because new owner Stephen Ross has the Black Eyed Peas' I've Got A Feeling as his iPhone ring tone. His coy explanation? ``My kids put it there.'' Added Fins CEO Mike Dee: ``She's actually a big Dolphins fan and has met Steve.'' Interesting.

• Will Smith: Forbes' most bankable star is a primo fan of the area. After filming Bad Boys, Smith, 40, fell in love -- even writing an ode to us in 1998's Miami (``This the type of town I could spend a few days in. Miami, the city that keeps the roof blazin' .''). Seeing wife, Jada, in the stands couldn't hurt ticket sales, either.

• T-Pain: The 24-year-old Tallahassee rapper is such a diehard Dolfan that his tricked-out hearse is named Danielle Marino. So that's why Ross couldn't resist tapping him to cool up the team's fight song. But T is new money and may not have a career to go the yardage. In five years, will game watchers really want to eat the T-Pain panini?

• Sean Combs: With all Diddy has going on -- producing, rapping, acting, designing -- why not add co-team owning to the list? The 39-year-old mogul has an estate on Star Island, so he's just a limo drive away from the action.

• Beyoncé: Entrepreneurial hubby, Jay-Z, would be an obvious choice, but he's already tied up in the New Jersey Nets. That's OK -- his better-licious half has got bucks, appeal, looks and talent to spare. Talk about a Super Bowl.

• Don King: Glamorous? Not exactly. OK, not at all. But if this showman knows how to do anything, it's pack a house. The boxing promoter is also local, with an office in Broward. We'd love to see him dye that shock of a mane blue and orange.

-- MADELEINE MARR

Reporter Douglas Hanks contributed to this story.

PhinsRock and late again like this.
  2. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Th is getting a bit silly. I mean we were the laughing stock of the league a fews years ago and now all the celebs love us. I wish we jusy had one owner and they would control every thing. But if they are will put out money for the team to make them better then it is what ever.

I dont care if we have 1,000 minority owners. Every single one of them that Bill Parcells, Jeff Irland, and Tony Sparano are in control

Agua likes this.
  3. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I feel my stomach turning, I expect the Tuna will be packing his bags soon.

Big E likes this.
  4. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    I think we will be ok. Maybe all the minority owners pay the Trifecta ALOT of cash to stay here. They cetinly have a potencial to do so.

5. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    why would the tuna give a ****?

anlgp, gafinfan, B.Sebo and 11 others like this.
  6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I seriously doubt he does. Ross has (again) gone on record as saying Parcells has complete autonomy over football operations and decisions. That's all Parcells cares about.

PSG likes this.
  7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    More exposure = larger fan base = less Jets fans at their away game = more posters here. Win/win.

anlgp, PhinsRock and late again like this.
  8. Irish Phin Fan

Irish Phin Fan New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I don't give a crap who own's the team as long as the team plays well that's all I care about. Although it would be kinda cool to have Will Smith own part of the team.........

opfinistic likes this.
  9. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :yes:

10. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    honestly I applaud Ross for thinking outside the box to try to fill the stadium

we all know what the stadium looks like at times (september) compared to others...we need asses in the seat...i don't care if they are all diehards or just people that came cuz gloria estefan was gonna make an appearance at halftime

he's helping create a buzz and market the dolphins...it's better than just hoping the stadium fills up.

djphinfan likes this.
  11. hooserdaddy

hooserdaddy Season Ticket Holder

Mar 22, 2008
    I know Parcells is fine but what about in say 2 years when it's just Ireland? Is he going to keep his nose out of the football side when Parcells is gone?

opfinistic likes this.
  12. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Good question, from what he's shown us so far I believe he will. I believe that when Parcells is gone Ross will spare no expense to bring in the best man available to fill his role. He doesn't seem like a meddler at all, a hell of a marketer, yes!

13. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Great. Can't wait to take more crap about the Dolphins getting some other washed up talentless music act to be a fake owner.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lets talk about the star power of our players on our football team relative to other teams..

We have a lot of presense and leadership on this football team.

15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    please be jenna jameson please be jenna jameson please be jenna jameson

16. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    As long as the players are concentrating on football and not dancing with the stars.....I think Parcells is okay with it.

late again likes this.
  17. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    :yes:

Edit: I hope it's Will Smith. I can live with Diddy, though I hate to see what would happen if we scored a TD.

Diddy: Miami Dolphins. Touchdown Baby. Take That, Take That!

18. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm in the same camp as you.
    Ross has said numerous times he bought the team because he's a fan. Other things he's said have given indication that he knows he doesn't know enough to make football decisions. So he hires people who do.
    Hypothetically speaking......Parcells leaves and Ireland disappoints, I think Ross would still be hands off. Instead he would go out and hire someone else.
    Honestly only time will tell whether Ross is more Robert Kraft or more Daniel Snyder/Jerry Jones. But for now he's saying all the right things.
    All told, I still see Parcells here for awhile longer. I would think he would want to see this team molded in his image win a championship.
    Parcells hasn't always had wanderlust. He was HC for the NYG for...7-8 years?
    He left NE, NYJ, and Dallas because he couldn't always have his way. Here, he's been handed the keys to the entire football operation. He has what he's always wanted. Why leave?

djphinfan, SargeZ33 and opfinistic like this.
  19. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Plus he's in South Florida! Golf, babes, you name it! He may be around longer than many (myself included) originally thought.

SargeZ33 and late again like this.
  20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Thats fine just stay the hell out of the Trifecta's way.

djphinfan likes this.
  21. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Good point. I know the guy loves golf. Ya can't go play 18 holes in the middle of January just anywhere, can you now?
    Besides, every time we see him he sure looks to be enjoying the good life. He cruises around on his golf cart. Sometimes he's got some friend with him. Other times he's chatting with players.
    He's got it made.

djphinfan, ascii and opfinistic like this.
  22. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    What he said!

:rockon:

:worthless:

[​IMG]

tinytown50, SICK and opfinistic like this.
  23. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    will smith is probably my favorite from the list

24. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Will Smith WAS my favorite from the list, but then I saw the pic of Jenna Jameson, OMG she can own anything she wants! No idea who she is, but she is HOT! (so glad my wife doesn't visit this site).

siciliansith likes this.
  25. hooserdaddy

hooserdaddy Season Ticket Holder

Mar 22, 2008
    That's what would worry me to be honest. I think the reason for the success of this team is how Parcells, Ireland and Sporano are all on the same page. Imagine him bringing in Carl Peterson to run the Football side after Parcell leaves. I think the best thing would be for him to leave Ireland running the personnell/gm side and not put anyone over him.

opfinistic and siciliansith like this.
  26. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Actually IMO thats what Parcels goal is leave behind two friends that he believes in with a chance to succeed he's creating the system for ireland and sparano , I do worry a bit that ross may play a bit when parcells leaves but not if we are winning.

Im a Sparano wannabe this man can do know wrong i havent felt that since shula, lets hope for the best

opfinistic likes this.
  27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    LOL, Rock, you old fart, have'nt you ever watched Spanktravision..

On 2nd thought, dont tell me, its to funny already.

28. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I must be getting old, what the heck is Spanktravision? :lol:

Sounds pretty kinky to me. :pointlol:

Is it related to 1-800-spank me ? :shifty:

Edit: I Googled Spanktravision, shame on you DJ :lol: Didn't your mama warn you, you'll go blind doing that?

29. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Did you just say....Carl Peterson? Good Lord man, next time just take a dump in my Cheerios! That would be less offensive!

djphinfan likes this.
  30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    you better delete your browser history my brother, you dont want the wifey bringin up skanktravision at the dinner table. lol

siciliansith likes this.