1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins get my "Common Man!!!!"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Sep 9, 2014.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Not sure if you all read this....but Common Man!

DEEJ...PLEASE READ THIS WHILE SITTING DOWN....PREFERABLY SEAT BUCKLED IF POSSIBLE.

Please tweet to the Phins front office that we demand better then this....unreal. We need a homefield advantage....you want quiet..go play shuffleboard!

"Will The Real DolFans Please Stand Up!"

Then… there’s SunLife Stadium in Miami. All of the news this week should be positive, despite some struggles by the team in the first half of the convincing win against the Patriots. Jeff Darlington reported that the stadium was the loudest he’s ever heard it in his time as a reporter. Stadium security and a small population of fans (both home AND away fans) seek to remove the very advantage the stadium has sought for so long – the homefield advantage. Fans were asked in numerous areas of the stadium (some confirmed, some alleged) to “sit down” and in some cases even told they were cheering too vigorously. They were told they would be removed from the stadium if they refused. These are not fans that were swearing, not fans who were standing the entire game even when it didn’t make sense, but ones standing on third down and simply getting loud – and for the home team. Yankee Stadium and others even have sections for fans to sit that have a zero alcohol tolerance policy and an even stricter stance on fan actions in that section. Do you know what those fans do on a good play? They stand up and cheer for the team, they chant for the players.

http://phinphanatic.com/2014/09/09/will-real-dolfans-please-stand/

djphinfan, Bpk and mbsinmisc like this.
  2. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I experienced this first hand on Sunday. In fact on the first NE drive when we blocked the punt. I was going nuts when it happened and was told by the couple behind me to sit down because they couldn't see. I hate that crap, we are at a football game. I explained to them that I spent a lot of money on my season tickets and I am going to express my enthusiasm for my team. I get up and cheer when we are on defense and try to quiet the crowd when we are on offense. To be fair mostly everyone in my section was up and going nuts so the people complaining are in the minority for sure.

3. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Wish I could be there to tell 'em to STFU.

All I can do is this:

Rickey Graham ‏@Rixter89 · 5m
    @TomGarfinkel Mr. G, there's several reports of fans being told to sit down during the game, when opponent on O. This is the wrong angle.

Rickey Graham ‏@Rixter89 · 5m
    @TomGarfinkel Opponent on O is when EVERYBODY should be up, making noise, pumping up our team. Can you address this in some way please?

4. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Bull****...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

5. vt_dolfan

Seattle fans are laughing going..what the ****?

Bpk likes this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    You don't sit at a Seahawk game.

Bpk likes this.
  7. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Just tell them I don't like to talk to strangers when I'm at football games.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  8. vt_dolfan

@TomGarfinkle Mr Garfinkle please tell me part of the new stadium plans is not a nappy time area.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  9. vt_dolfan

Hence why they are going..what the ****?

10. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I was told to sit down at a Jets/ Dolphins game once in NJ and told them to STFU, But in our Stadium? Wow! :pity:

11. PhinFan1968

It is COMMON knowledge you'll experience vulgarity, loud yelling, stomping, mass alcohol intake, and the like at a football game. Part of the experience. Forealz people?

There's been several tweets from the players thanking the fans for electrifying them...THAT'S what it's all about.

SICK likes this.
  12. vt_dolfan

And its not fans telling them to..it was Stadium employees..

13. PhinFan1968

That's why I tweeted Mr. G. We know for a fact he reads them.

Bpk likes this.
  14. vt_dolfan

It may not mean much..but this is the kind if stuff that pisses us fans off..because its embarrassing. God damn I swear they take two steps forward..then one step back.

djphinfan and Bpk like this.
  15. vt_dolfan

I have a feeling hes getting blasted right now..lol

16. PhinFan1968

Michael Thomas @Michael31Thomas · Sep 7

S/O to all the #phins at the game today!!! Y'all had the stadium rocking. Let's keep it going. #PhinsUp #StrongerTogether

Bpk likes this.
  17. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    yeah...That's sad.

18. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Seattle fans hate talking to strangers.

19. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    funny, when I used to go to Seahawks games, everyone sat down and was very friendly. That was in the Kingdome days. There were loud up there when seahawks were good, but the years I lived there...tame

20. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

This report is definitely not awesome.

Someone who runs that stadium, and defines the culture of it does NOT understand sports culture at all.

21. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I noticed that the stadium seemed "loud" while watching the game on TV. Didn't know if the audio was up, or whatever.

I have been to a few Dolphins games here in New Orleans (and a couple of pre-season games) and it is deafening. NO ONE got onto me while rooting for Miami, and I am a loud fan. They jarred with me a little (which was fair), but no one was ever rude. Just plain goofing around. Obviously, people need to get a good feel for the area they are in. It's common sense. If children are in the area, I do not curse. I try not to curse in public anyhow. That's just plain courtesy, but I'll be damned if I do not scream for my team.

If this report is true, it's bogus. This is a sporting event, and if the team is doing well, fans should come home hoarse. Hell, they should come home hoarse either way!

I just find this embarrassing and the top executives should be made aware of this. I understand if fans are drunk and belligerent, but if they are simply cheering for the team they love, Ross should be embarrassed. This is NOT the way a stadium is suppose to be run.

djphinfan likes this.
  22. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I didn't experience any of that while I was at the game Sunday. Everyone in my section was standing and screaming the whol game. Even the adorable old couple next to me was getting rowdy!

23. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Mr Clean came to the game? Awesome.

24. traderdave

traderdave Football is life

Sep 6, 2014
    South Florida
    This was my first of many Dolphins games, and I thought the crowd noise was pretty good. If the Fins could sellout all those empty, orange seats, the stadium would really rock. Most of the people around me didn't stand up for 3rd downs, though, and hardly any of them seemed to know when to make noise to disrupt the Pats offense. I came home hoarse, and hope to every game. There were a few guys around me making some noise, but we were definitely in the minority. When there was a big play, everyone stood up and yelled, like you'd expect at any level of football game. The only conceivable reason security would have for telling fans to sit down is if they were standing constantly, when everyone else was sitting. I have no desire to stand for the whole game, but it's only natural to spontaneously stand up and yell when something major happens.

Bpk and Pennington's Limp Arm like this.
  25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm calling shenanigans on the report.

I need some proof.

MAFishFan likes this.
  26. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    my buddie was there, he said he stood basically the whole game and cheered as if it is his last dolphins game ever, he still has no voice today via skype, but anyways i call bull****, who the **** is Paul L.Picken Jr. ?

Fin D likes this.
  27. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm not surprised. There are a lot of old dolphins fans and most old people (you all who frequent this board excluded) just want to sit all game. I guarantee you that the couple in question were and older couple. I graduated from UF which is known for its loud raucous stadium and in the student section we'd only sit during commercial breaks. I have also sat on the alumni side and it is a miserable boring experience.

djphinfan likes this.
  28. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Happens at every stadium. Not everybody stands up the entire game. I witnessed a dad engage a drunk guy in hand to hand combat at FedEx for the Skins game for the same thing. Had to walk out in cuffs in front of his two sons.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

29. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Lol @ hand to hand combat vs. "Got in a fight". For some reason i find that hilarious.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  30. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I sure hope not. I'm coming from Chiefs country. 6 of us. 4 Chiefs fan and 2 of us that are for the correct team. I plan on making noise. Maybe I'll get in trouble. I bought club level seats.

31. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If Ross and Garfinkel want to make this a first class organization like they always talk about then they will have a meeting and make sure that their stadium security understands the difference between belligerent and being a good fan..

It's a spectator stadium, there are season ticket holders that have been sitting on their *** for twenty years, were trying to ignite a new culture, the staff needs to be clear about NOT discouraging the modern fanatic..

If it was me and I was told to sit down for standing and cheering, I would just stand my ground, I would tell them this is what I'm going to be doing when were on defense, and if they don't like it they can call security, inception secipurity got there I would tell them what I'm doing, standing and cheering when were on defense, and say it is my right to do so..if they try to remove me I go public.

I'm pretty sure these incidents are just the season ticket holders that have been killed inside by the distance to the field, bitin order to start a new culture, a new revolution, you gotta take a stand (pun intended), seriously you have to get these morons over the hump.

Of course the easy solution would of been to build the OB2 to intimidate, that would of scattered the weak.

One time I was at the stadium, (and I'm a fu&$in maniac at the stadium,) a dad and his kid were behind me, they asked me to sit, and I politely told them no sir, this is my team and I'm stand and scream when their on defense..I asked them to join me, we had a great time, the kid loved it, gave him something to look forward to instead of sitting on his *** bored.

Bottom line, if there is some protocol, they better fu@&in change it real quick..the problem really is, if this leaks to the players then it's a problem..

Bpk likes this.
  32. vt_dolfan

Its past that...Miko has been on twitter ranting about it..telling real fans to stand up.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    That's not good..needs to be addressed..needs to be taken seriously.

34. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm pretty sure this kind of thing happens in every stadium.

35. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I was in Section 220 and it was loud as hell. First half the Patriots fans were very loud (Kraft was in the box behind us egging them on), but once Miami started playing well it got crazy loud. A few NE Snowbirds *****ed about fans standing, but nothing from stadium security in our section. Stoked that was the 1st game I've got see in Miami. 28 years, finally made the trip. Will be doing it next year too!!!

36. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    For the wet blankets telling people to sit down why are you there if not to be engaged as the 12th man? but, it's whatever. For stadium security telling fans to sit down and not cheer for their team is a problem that needs to be dealt with however.

37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Really it's a slippery slope, the security staff has to be informed to the point of understanding what standing fans when were on defense positively affects the team, that they have to let the strong eat the weak..get them out of the building if they can't hang.

38. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Reminds me of my hometown Toronto BLue Jays in 1992. We had never won a World Series, and the game atmosphere was always fairly reserved and polite compared to other ballparks.

Well, in 1992, when fans were modestly cheering our Jays in the playoffs, Dave Winfield (the former Yankee) asked fans to make a LOT more noise to help the team. He knew it wasn't just a nice added bonus, but NECESSARY for the team to perform at a high enough level to win in the playoffs.

That year we won the first of two back-to-back World Series.

39. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    players elevating their performances because of level of energy inside the building???

Who'd a thunk it..hmmm

Colorado Dolfan and Bpk like this.
  40. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

there are seats in Arrowhead here in KC but I have no idea why, the fans never use them :P. adjusting the rake could help with the sight lines for those that want to sit, not to mention helping keep the sound in.