1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins' moves show they're still in rebuilding mode

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Onehondo, May 12, 2009.

1. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Greg Cote believes the Dolphins are still an also-ran. The Dolphins' 11-5 record last year never happened.
    He says the AFC East championship and playoff berth were figments of your imagination. It was all a dream. Time to wake up, Dolfans. Your team is still an also-ran. Not awful, but not a contender, either. Hard hats on, please. This remains a rebuilding zone.
    His opinion is' the Dolphins' 2009 reality cannot be reasonably denied because it is based on the club's recent actions and inactions.
    The Dolphins are about to let Jason Tayler go to the rival New England Patriots, and they didn't sign Anquan Bolden, and there you have it, people. That's Team Tuna waving a surrender flag, at least for now. That's Miami admitting it isn't that good yet, cannot win the division again, and falls well short of even thinking of playing in a hometown Super Bowl this season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1043388.html

I disagree, I think Parcels and company believe they already have a competitive team and they don't need a high priced receiver that will tax our cap and an older sack artist that may or may not still have gas in the tank. But we will see. :no:

Xeticus, mullingan and Sceeto like this.
  2. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    That shows why guys like Parcells & co. run NFL franchises and they do not. ;)

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The thing about resigning JT is his hypothetical "10 sack season" ignores the idea that all we need is Merling, Langford and Wake to have 6 sacks each to not only cover not signing JT, but to also cover for Joey Porter's probable reversion to his average sack total of 10 or so.

As for A Boldin...whatever, we didn't have him last season.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I have consistently said the same thing: year two of a four year project
    need at least another free agency & draft to rebuild & another season to coach-up the base. year three should begin to reveal the final product.
    2010 We Will Contend:up:

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm going to continue to not let the media dictate to me whether or not I should expect us to compete this year. Almost fell into that trap last year and ended up pleasantly surprised. I guarantee you Tony Sparano doesn't care whether the media says we're rebuilding or not, can make the playoffs in 2009 or not. He'll have our team ready to compete this year.

mullingan likes this.
  6. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    I always enjoy unprofessional articles from "journalists" that insult dolphins fans.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    No matter what happened last year its still year 2 of the rebuilding plan.

Cote does raise interesting questions..for example, with pennington at the helm, and the team coming off a division championship, one might think that the regime would decide to make a run with pennington, adding taylor and boldin would of been the gesture iam sure pennington and Porter would of been happy about.

Who knows what their thinking right now, were such a young football team, and getting younger, letting them grow together, takin their bumps and bruises along the way is the path it looks like their going. I mean, take our receiver group, those guys had noone to learn from, no mentor at all, and as a group, they just got even more younger...

Its like parcells and company really want this team to fight thru adversity, take their bumps and bruises as a young team, evolve together, and then wind up a hardened , nasty, hungry football team, that will be loaded from top to bottom and ready to compete for multiple championships.

Not going after JT and boldin seem like its a sign that their trying to build a dynasty.

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Excellent post DJ :up:

Just like those that try to grade the draft, its just flat out none-sense
    Anybody the last time one of these Zealots accurately predicted the upcoming season?

Nope, me either