1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins New logo/uniforms Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Nov 12, 2012.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Ok, I am waiting until it's officially announced, like normal with this ****......it's going to have a TON of smoke before we see a fire.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Not a fan of the "finding nemo" version?

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  3. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I wonder if they are looking at the idea of the tails wrapping around the back of the helmet. Something like what the seahawks gave.

Probably have to enlarge the dolphin

4. Perfectville_USA

Perfectville_USA Mr Perfect

Dec 27, 2012
    Syracuse NY
    I think, the final logo release is going to look bad azz myself. [have my fingers crossed]

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  5. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Clearly that was the intent :lol:

SICK likes this.
  6. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007

Actually, I could see protesting fans wearing t-shirts with that "deadphin" logo. Without an inspired offseason (free agency/draft) there will be lots of angst. On the plus side, Ross can make a few bucks selling them in the Dolphin store. :shifty:

7. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Maybe that's his lucky fin

P h i N s A N i T y and SICK like this.
  8. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If we're going for a change, I want it to be something new and fresh. Perhaps a different angle of the dolphin. I have something like this in mind.

[​IMG]
    I'm gonna keep playing with this and I'll post what I come up with. Hope you guys enjoy it.

djphinfan, Paul 13, SICK and 4 others like this.
  9. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    They should pass them out for free at the next Ireland witch hunt.
    Police officers and the homeless would be appreciative. :wink2:

10. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    I wouldn't want to be like the Seahawks. We have our own unique logo design and I'd like to keep it that way.

I hate the idea of changing the pose of the Dolphin. If anything it just needs a futuristic touch.

11. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I see a possible M there too.

12. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    probably got low on page hits.

13. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    we'll see you back here tomorrow. :shifty:

Rocky Raccoon and SICK like this.
  14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I want to go back and debunk (not that it hasn't already been debunked) the NYC dolfans guy story:

This is the exact quote from his site under the "picture" containing the "prototype logo." If you just follow the bolded text above, he refers to a sketch (which we can clearly see in the background if you look past the colored image). So how does a sketch then turn into this photoshopped image that everyone has taken and run with? People have forgotten about the "sketch" portion of the picture. And if a picture did exist on his friends cell phone, why in the name of Zeus' butthole, would his friend simply not EMAIL the photo to him? Why would the author have to take a photo with his camera on his own phone? First it's a sketch, then it's a photo... then it's a photo of a photo. I give him credit though because what he successfully accomplished by posting the image first is that some people blindly went along with the rest of his story without looking closely at what he wrote. All they did was look at the picture rather than his words.

Ozzy and SICK like this.
  15. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Try drawing an huge M and have that Dolphin jumping through it towards the viewer .:yes:

16. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    All I know is this Dolfan NYC guy was sympathetic when he first posted the leak before Christmas. He felt bad and didn't want the team to be upset with him. He wasn't expecting it to become as big as it did and he said he was sorry and that it bothered him.

So what does he do? He goes and posts another picture on the subject 3 weeks later. He clearly wants the attention.

Paul 13 likes this.
  17. Dolphrank

Dolphrank New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    PA
    Let me start by saying hello. First time poster....Life-long Dolfan.

I personally like the idea of a logo change. I feel the current logo is too cartoon-ish and the helmet has to go. I (for some reason) have faith that the new design will look good.
    At first, I really liked the design I attached. The more I see it, the less I like it. On the contrary, the more I see the leaked "whale-ish" design the more I like it. I know this sounds like blasphemy, but I wouldn't be opposed to losing the sun all together.

[​IMG]

rafael, Paul 13, Jt0323 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Welcome to the forum bro!

Thoughts on Jeff Ireland? :shifty:

19. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hahaha....might as will start with toot stance on Ireland. Is Tannehill a franchise or going to be a franchise QB? Is Reggie worth resigning?

After that you will see who your forym friends are.

Jt0323 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  20. Dolphrank

Dolphrank New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    PA
    Haha. Well...

On Ireland, I think his arrogance is his problem. He believes every thing he does is fantastic. BUT in Hard Knocks he said that he wasn't ready to give up on Clyde Gates...Philbin wasn't a fan. Gates gets cut. So who knows...they came to a resolution where Ireland gave in. Hopefully that continues and they start making some good decisions.

The team suprised me this year. They were better than I thought. I didn't think he would get fired. This is the offseason that will make or break his job security. It just sucks that if he screws this up, the team could be set back the next 5 years.

I think Tannehill can be a franchise QB. He proved analysts right this past year...He needs some seasoning. Get him more weapons and we'll see. No sense in being pessimistic there though...He has shown flashes.

Reggie is worth signing at the right price. I'm not ready to put everything in on Miller. If Reggie wants too much...let him walk. You can find studs late in the draft. That obviously goes right back to Ireland though.

I do believe the team is headed in the right direction but the guys pulling the strings need to find the right mix of players. No more Legedu Naanees and Ernest Wilfords.

ps. Who is that lovely lady in your avatar?

Paul 13, Ozzy, Jt0323 and 1 other person like this.
  21. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    Now, that's funny. lol

22. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    You sure seem like a smart fan who knows his stuff. You'll love this place. There are a few weirdos running around here but you'll enjoy yourself.

Jt0323 likes this.
  23. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Or a smaller M with the dolphin jumping over it. Where the tip of the nose makes the downward middle part of the M. Add a sun circle, and there ya have it!

24. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Another thing i find fishy is the 2nd pic of the upside dolphin dose not fix on the page of the first leaked image.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to the good side. Like and agree with everthing you said.
    Btw....thats my wife.

26. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I think it's great that this logo thread has captured another Dolfan and hopefully you stay around to discuss Dolphins' football. Welcome.

27. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    You know what I think? I think the NYC site is being used by the Dolphins to float the "prototype." yes, it's a conspiracy. I'm kind of serious. I mean his story and picture are so obviously not correlating that the front office must be involved. I mean the NYC people did meet the brass when we played up there. Means... motive... opportunity... BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!

Ozzy likes this.
  28. Dolphrank

Dolphrank New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    PA

Nice...Glad I found this place. I'm from PA and I have been a Dolphins fan all my life, but no one gives a crap about them around here. It's nice to have a place to talk/debate Dolphins football.

Well done, sir.

Jt0323 likes this.
  29. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    keep reading.. :shifty:

30. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Welcome to the fastest growing DolFan website out there! You're gonna love it here!

Paul 13 likes this.
  31. Dolphrank

Dolphrank New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    PA
    I posted this a few hours ago...
    Haha. Well...

On Ireland, I think his arrogance is his problem. He believes every thing he does is fantastic. BUT in Hard Knocks he said that he wasn't ready to give up on Clyde Gates...Philbin wasn't a fan. Gates gets cut. So who knows...they came to a resolution where Ireland gave in. Hopefully that continues and they start making some good decisions.

The team suprised me this year. They were better than I thought. I didn't think he would get fired. This is the offseason that will make or break his job security. It just sucks that if he screws this up, the team could be set back the next 5 years.

I think Tannehill can be a franchise QB. He proved analysts right this past year...He needs some seasoning. Get him more weapons and we'll see. No sense in being pessimistic there though...He has shown flashes.

Reggie is worth signing at the right price. I'm not ready to put everything in on Miller. If Reggie wants too much...let him walk. You can find studs late in the draft. That obviously goes right back to Ireland though.

I do believe the team is headed in the right direction but the guys pulling the strings need to find the right mix of players. No more Legedu Naanees and Ernest Wilfords.

ps. Who is that lovely lady in your avatar?

32. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The helmet and cartoon-like look of the current logo are common complaints. I also liked that logo in your post originally, but not anymore. It already feels dated. I was like-wise luke-warm on the alleged prototype, but have really grown to like it. I actually don't see why people say it looks like a whale except for the tail being horizontal, but that's the way dolphin tails are? If anything, I thought it looked too long and thin (before seeing it on a helmet), but IMO whales appear stockier than dolphins so that made it look even less like a whale? I think dropping the sun might look good aesthetically, but the anti-change contingent will be even more up in arms than they are currently. LOL

33. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Reportedly, Egnew was a pick that Philbin pushed for and that Ireland gave in on, so be careful what you wish for.

34. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    reportedly by Omar? If so, he is always hinting at anything that might leave a sour taste in his reader's mouth.

35. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The report was made immediately after the draft. There was nothing but optimism about Egnew at that point.

36. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    What about this:

[​IMG]

37. Perfectville_USA

Perfectville_USA Mr Perfect

Dec 27, 2012
    Syracuse NY
    Looks a little bit like Charlie The Tuna, it just needs glasses.

38. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Yeah. My preference is to keep the pose of the dolphin the same as it currently is.

39. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think I prefer the pose in the alleged prototype, but with the tail down over the pose in the old logo.

PSG likes this.
  40. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    While I'm partial to the classic pose. To each his own.
    However, after looking at them, I would prefer the pose in the 'leak' over the full frontal.