1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins New logo/uniforms Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I'm now a fan of this one...... 100% IF it's between the two shown.

MrClean likes this.
  2. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    yeah that one is badass

3. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    It grew on me too. My new favorite one I've seen.

4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I like it. The quality of the picture is awful so it's tough to make a final judgement but from what I can see if that's it I can dig it.

Jt is 100% right though, there will be people who hate it no matter what it changes to.

Jt0323 and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Eh, that really minimizes the opinions of people who think it's trash. Same could be said about people who like it.

There's always going to be people who nod in agreement simply because it's the Miami Dolphins. Kind of like how certain players are supported until they're cut and traded. They turn on them and talk about how we don't need them, they're ovverated, etc... When they were singing their praises earlier.

That logo is pathetic. It's awkward looking, plain, boring, and has zero personality to it. Total garbage and undeserving of representing an NFL franchise. Which us why I have my doubts its real.

I'm willing to bet those that like it are in the vast minority.

WhiteIbanez, Paul 13 and Firesole like this.
  6. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    sea world called..................

7. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    BTW, what does prototype actually mean? Is this the actual logo or does it mean that it's just a rough copy?

8. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i think its a rough copy, not the final product. It could be what the final design is based off

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  9. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Yeah, I like it though. It's very clean. And once it's in full color it will look better.

10. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    im trying to find the Texans prototype that lead to their current style, they had a few and it finally turned into what they have today

11. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

Paul 13, SICK and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  12. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    my big problem is the navy placement, on the top tail, back fin, and front fins...

13. JamesyEsq

JamesyEsq Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    England
    I really don't like that, its FAR too corporate, if my company was called Dolphin Associates or Dolphin Corp, i may go with that but not for an NFL team. The thing i dislike about the current logo is the sun, i hate it, its like something from Microsoft Publisher, keep the mean looking Dolphin we have now but remove the sun.

Also, i thought the changes were going to be subtle? completely changing the Dolphin is not subtle... i have doubts that this is the new logo

14. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Sorry the logo makes you insecure of your sexuality BRO.

15. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Let's throw a sh*tfit cause our logo may change. I'm not longer supporting the team.. When I'm done *****ing I'm going to throw my toys across the room in anger!

16. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    It looks like a logo that could stand the test of time..... I've been saying the dolphin needs to be faceless like this one. No characterizations, no mean face. I think by retro they mean the uniforms. Those babies are going to be sweet.

No matter what the logo is, they should make it larger on the helmet... Atleast 150% of the last one.

17. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I hate that they're changing it to begin with but it is what it is. There is nothing I can do about it. But if the change was supposed to be a very minor than this one can't be it. I've given into the fact that change is coming but this is a huge change from what it was. Subtle change would be the other on that many are saying they're now a fan of when comparing the two.

But of course some are not going to like it. Just like some have complained about the old one forever.

MrClean likes this.
  18. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    My complaint with this isn't the dolphin, but the sun. It doesn't look round at all. It is almost flat when it meets up with the dolphin. I would widen it our to round it off and take up some of that uneven space.

19. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    I must be in the minority, but I like the direction they are going with the new logo. Less cartoony than the current logo (or most mockups we've seen), more "faceless" like the older ones, modern colors, etc. They had to make some changes - lost the helmet which tons of fans were asking for and they decided to make the dolphin in a new, more realistic pose.

It's a prototype, so I am sure there will be 2 or 3 more rounds with tweaks to this logo. They know people flip over change, so it's possible this was leaked yesterday on purpose - right after a home win over a division opponent. Now everyone will be arguing about the logo instead of Ireland.

I think this logo lends itself well to more retro styled uniforms. They'll probably lose the shadows, use the grey facemasks, have have some barely noticeable monochromatic design within the numbers on the jerseys ( like I believe the seahawks have) so it'll all be retro with a modern twist. In reality the logos not that much different....fans are threatening to quit watching their team because the tail fin on the logo is in a different stage of the swimming process on a prototype???

20. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA

I just showed this to my 4 year old son.

I asked him who this was. He said, "Miami Dolphins".

So, it is still recognizable and that is a good thing.

He then said, "they needed to take the helmet off of him because it just looked silly. I like this better".

There ya have it.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Change uniform colors, leave logo...

22. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    In all honesty, if your going for the true culture sweep like what it seems Philbin wants to do, just change it all.

Logo AND uniform, I seriously wouldn't do one and not the other. (Although i'm not one for anything TOO crazydrastic)

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't understand the obsession with the logo, that doesn't really matter to me, it's the overall look of the uniform that I would like updated..I really don't like our all whites with green trim..I really don't like our green away uniforms, you know the ones with the green pants, the only jersey I like is the Nike matte faded aqua...tweak the logo but change the scheme.

24. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL

This is what i'm saying. I wouldn't necessarily mind keeping our logo, and I do want uniform changes, but if you are trying to change the culture I wouldn't do one and not touch the other, is where i'm coming from. Re-do the uniforms, Tweak the logo. or Re-do the logo, Get some new uniform styles with it. Etc. atleast something along those lines. I'd be pretty pissed with a brand new 100% redone logo and the EXACT same uniforms

25. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Terrible logo. But its in character with this organization.

They can reposition the Dolphin and it would make it much better.

I wanted the city to be more prominent in the logo and Uni's, but I fear that it's not going to happen.

They are actually modeling this somewhat on the worst uniforms ever worn.

The USFL's Boston Breakers:

[​IMG]

Paul 13 and Stitches like this.
  26. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I would just assume go with our traditional old style uniforms

27. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Loved our uniforms before they were changed go back to a retro look

28. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Not that I really care about the logo, but I like the idea behind the prototype more than the execution.

The cartoony Dolphin has always been silly to me.

Regardless, I'm sure it will grow on us, whatever it ends up being. I remeber the howling from Denver fans when they made their radical change, and that worked out fine.

29. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    LMAO there is a guy in this thread that will no longer be a fan of this team over a logo change.

Bumrush likes this.
  30. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Does anybody know when these changes will be made final. I've been holding off on purchasing a jersey until the new logo and uniform is released.

31. Jagfish

Jagfish Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    This Planet you call Earth
    It's fine. To me it looks a little more like a small whale than a dolphin. The tail seems a bit out of proportion to me. But I am ok with a change.

32. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Nobody is sure, but heard the logo in January and uniforms before or during the draft. Also means a lot of the current logo stuff will go on sale!

Someone here said the jerseys will look more like the old ones. Hope that means bigger stripes on the sleeves and no more number shadow. I doubt they'll be exactly like the old ones, so I wonder what addition there will be. Maybe something down the sides of them.

33. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    But they weren't called the Hartford Dolphins.

PSG likes this.
  34. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    then again, it's only a logo :tongue2:

35. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Unfortunately, all silly people are now offended by a four year old's comments.

36. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Since I love a good conspiracy... here's what I think I think I thought... The Dolphins are very shrewd. They know not everyone is going to like the new logo. So, they deliberately release a "prototype" that looks like absolute ****. So that when the real thing is released, more people will love it than if we didn't see the prototype. Pure genius.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  37. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Pure genius is right, but you'd have to presume this franchise is that smart first.:sad:

38. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The more I see this mockup, the more it grows on me. That is as tough a dolphin look as you can get, short of giving him a knife or gun. :)

That leaked logo? Ugh, the pose is just wrong.

39. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    some guy did a mockup what the logo looks like cleaned up
    [​IMG] again, i dont get the back of the dolphin fin having navy

Vengeful Odin and Steve-Mo like this.
  40. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I like it quite a bit. It's clean, and I don't see a whale at all.

Mile High Fin likes this.